Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Feb 2004, 05:54 (Ref:884860)   #326
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Just in case : there was a shakedown on the Bugatti last week-end... pics are by Claude Foubert, on the Maison Blanche site...

Notice that the vertical windplates have dispeared on the LMP Lister, and that the engine power is now increased to 600 hp.

Last edited by Fab; 25 Feb 2004 at 05:55.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 08:37 (Ref:884931)   #327
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's still one very strange looking front end on that Lister LMP......
Old 25 Feb 2004, 09:02 (Ref:884950)   #328
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Notice the air box around the restrictors. I'm not sure it's only for an aerodynamic purpose. In my opinion, if the air is compressed in this box at high speed, the maximum air flux increases through the restrictors.
Your thoughts ?
Old 25 Feb 2004, 15:41 (Ref:885266)   #329
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could be PascaLM. I've always wondered though if the driver's helmet disturbs the air flow in this area making it more difficult to route air into the airbox. I must admit though, having an airbox like the Lister is sporting is much more attractive than say how the Dome's air intake is.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 06:52 (Ref:885858)   #330
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
I must admit though, having an airbox like the Lister is sporting is much more attractive than say how the Dome's air intake is.
Agree ! I thought that I was alone with this opinion !

The small air intakes we see on some Judd powered cars are not as "sportscars type" as the great ones we have now on the Lister... the small ones are more "F3" badged...

I still appreciate the Judd, though, don't take me wrong on this !

With a different approach : I prefered the roof top air intakes on the 1999' Toyotas and the 2001/2002' specs Bentleys, than those ugly rear side air intakes we had last year on the Bentleys... (as always, it's an IMHO !)

We may have to do some aesthetical sacrifices for efficiency...

Last edited by Fab; 26 Feb 2004 at 06:57.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 11:03 (Ref:886087)   #331
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

We may have to do some aesthetical sacrifices for efficiency...

Agreed again!

Like the Audi R8, you mean.......

Old 26 Feb 2004, 11:14 (Ref:886106)   #332
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
I must admit though, having an airbox like the Lister is sporting is much more attractive than say how the Dome's air intake is.
You cannot be serious !!! That new airbox on the Lister really does look like an afterthought ..... Its a "V" completely shapeless , and its also silver !!!
It was much nicer before I reckon .....
With respect to the various "F3" intakes as seen in various configurations , it think its very interesting to see how differant teams arrange thier respective intakes .

Last edited by The Badger; 26 Feb 2004 at 11:17.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 11:23 (Ref:886115)   #333
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Badger....
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:48 (Ref:886214)   #334
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Agreed again!

Like the Audi R8, you mean.......

Come on !

Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
With respect to the various "F3" intakes as seen in various configurations , it think its very interesting to see how differant teams arrange thier respective intakes .
You certainly have a point here Badger ! Did I forget my usual "IMHO" ? Huh............ no ! It's there allright !

Last edited by Fab; 26 Feb 2004 at 12:50.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 13:41 (Ref:886270)   #335
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To jhansen:

Air disturbance from a helmet into an airbox is a MAJOR concern....I know that from my friends who run in the IRL.....a lot of aero study and design has been invested in helmets in recent years for two reasons (in this order)

1. To reduce buffeting of a driver's head and at the same time, creating an aerodynamic air flow around the driver's head in realation to the airflow around the bodywork in general and specidfically, with the rear cowling....this is one reason why you see IRL and Champ Car drivers wearing helmets that are actually flat on the back, with wing-like shapes on the top and sides near the back of the helmet to direct air over and around the helmet without flowing behind it....and

2. That shape, as it relates to a driver's height in the cockpit, also takes into account how that airflow off the helmet can facilitate directing that air into the airbox without creating a block or turbulence....

Hope that helps....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 26 Feb 2004, 18:07 (Ref:886513)   #336
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Badger....
This is very true. There are people who actually make rude comments about my beloved Spyker, if you can believe that, and say that it is not a beautiful example of a racing machine!
Old 26 Feb 2004, 18:24 (Ref:886528)   #337
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Don't worry Liz, I like it!

spyke me!

Old 26 Feb 2004, 19:00 (Ref:886559)   #338
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just picked this up from DSC - DAMS are going to run 2 Care Racing Ferrari 550's.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 06:16 (Ref:886996)   #339
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Just to know :
- there's no Viper expected at LM this year, isn't it ?
- how many Saleens could we expect ? Konrad, Graham Nash, ACEMCO : did they confirmed something ?
Old 27 Feb 2004, 08:18 (Ref:887042)   #340
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon you will see 3 possibly 4 Saleen's ..... 1 for RML , 1 for GNM and hopefully 2 for Konrad . I heard someplace that Acemco are not planning on an entry ..... shame !!!
Old 27 Feb 2004, 09:19 (Ref:887089)   #341
stoney
Rookie

stoney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and was wondering if there was a website that gave information about the Le Mans entry list guestimates so far?

+300 posts is quite a lot to get through!

Is there also one for Sebring 12hrs and other series (FIA GT, etc)?

Many thanks,

Tony
In the words of the ancients, one should make his decisions within the space of seven breaths. When your mind is going hither and thither, discrimination will never be brought to a conclusion. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 09:20 (Ref:887090)   #342
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Welcome stoney. Haven't done any checking myself yet (although I'll have a list up in the not too distant future).
Old 27 Feb 2004, 09:22 (Ref:887095)   #343
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Rob Jones' list is a good place to start - I know he's usually pretty up to date. (He's knows I'll be paying his list some close attention soon..... )

rdjoneslm04
Old 27 Feb 2004, 09:23 (Ref:887097)   #344
The Badger
Veteran

Sebring list is here ..... Hi stoney http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cf...4/entrylist.htm
Old 27 Feb 2004, 09:33 (Ref:887110)   #345
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Welcome Stoney !

David Lengangneux, as a french journalist, is usualy well informed too. He's an entry list for LM here.

Notice that he doesn't take risks, focusing on almost garanteed entries only. The field will be much wider, and possible entries/rumous are on Rob' site.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 16:04 (Ref:887447)   #346
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Rob Jones' list is a good place to start - I know he's usually pretty up to date. (He's knows I'll be paying his list some close attention soon..... )

rdjoneslm04

And I now have a list too.....

entry list
Old 27 Feb 2004, 16:15 (Ref:887457)   #347
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was reading the article about Dams and Care Racing teaming up for Le Mans. The article said that Dams would run the race team and testing duties and the tech support would come from Care Racing/Prodrive. What is the link between Care Racing and Prodrive? Can someone possibly explain this for me?
Old 27 Feb 2004, 16:29 (Ref:887465)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Apart from the fact that Care ran Luc Alphand's Ferrari last year, I'm not sure.....
Old 27 Feb 2004, 16:35 (Ref:887469)   #349
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
This is very true. There are people who actually make rude comments about my beloved Spyker, if you can believe that, and say that it is not a beautiful example of a racing machine!
I just received this from Spyker:

"At the upcoming 74th Geneva International Motor Show Spyker will have an important announcement to make. Our press conference will be on March 2nd...."

What can this be? :confused:
Old 27 Feb 2004, 16:51 (Ref:887487)   #350
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
I just received this from Spyker:

"At the upcoming 74th Geneva International Motor Show Spyker will have an important announcement to make. Our press conference will be on March 2nd...."

What can this be? :confused:
Will they lauch another new model?