Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Feb 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2130701)   #26
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi
i call them like i see them. ..
Then it might be a good idea to get/get new, glasses.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2130887)   #27
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
very easy for me, 1st the ALMS, no doubt of that, its the n°1 in sports car racing, just after I love the FIA GT, close racing and factory supported teams (Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferrari...), for the LMS I don't know, I love it, but I prefer the FIA GT for European sports cars series
Old 17 Feb 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2130891)   #28
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just keep track of the ones I find most accessible. ALMS is absolutely fantastic and never a dull moment, probably one of the best racing series in the world IMO. The Le Mans Series is something I keep track of, but last year's Peugeot walkover was both dull and predictable.
Then of course there is Le Mans itself.

FIA GTs are probably pretty good too, but I must admit I'm never looking out for it.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2130905)   #29
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I voted for the ALMS thats for sure, but I really love the FIA GT too.

I consider it the premeir sports car series in Europe, it has close racing, factory involvement and media intrest, plus the crowd are alawys at good levels ! wheras in the raval series, we have a lone diesel team completely dominating the series, and a very poor media and public intrest, the races are terribly boring and long ! so I rahter prefer a 2 hours sprint race with exotic GTs
Old 17 Feb 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2130945)   #30
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
Then it might be a good idea to get/get new, glasses.
my glasses are fine. i just have a curious little thing called "standards"...
Old 17 Feb 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2130976)   #31
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi
my glasses are fine. i just have a curious little thing called "standards"...
Let me guess,erh,your glasses have a reddish/pink color and you think your standards are THE standards...

Some people say taste is undebatable. I agree...up to a certain point.
For instance a Ferrari 330 P4 is beautifull and a Toyota Prius is ugly.There's no getting around that.
To shout about your high "standards" and then calling a car ugly,which about 99% of the car enthousiast community calls stunning,leaves me in serious doubts of these socalled "standards"...

But hey,it's a free world!

By the way,I forgot to mention Japan's SuperGT. I try to follow as much of these great races as possible. Luckely,here too MotorsTV comes to the rescue,broadcasting many of the season's races.
So I voted for them too.

Last edited by GTfour; 17 Feb 2008 at 17:39.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2131001)   #32
Pat_T
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex, England
Pat_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I'm working for Juno Racing at the mo, I mainly follow VdeV both euro and UK! The racing is fantastic - less than a minute between 1st and 2nd at the 12 hours of Magny-Cours this year! I do try to keep up to date with LMS and ALMS as well though.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2131921)   #33
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
if ferrari thought the enzo would be a good tool they should have run it
Presumably you dont like the Aston DB9 then as its as much a Jag XK8 as the MC12 is an Enzo?
Old 18 Feb 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2132070)   #34
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
very easy for me, 1st the ALMS, no doubt of that, its the n°1 in sports car racing
eh? are you sure?
Old 18 Feb 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2132081)   #35
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Noticed something striking- apparently, more of us watch ALMS than Le Mans? Fibs? Because SURELY that's wrong?
Old 18 Feb 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2132095)   #36
mosler lover
Rookie

England
8 miles from Donington, England
mosler lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Broke my motorsport virginity last year with Brit GT/Belcar at Donington, that led me into Dutch Supercar and Spanish/Int GT as well. I 'll be off to my first FIA GT this year.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2132096)   #37
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosler lover
Broke my motorsport virginity last year with Brit GT/Belcar at Donington, that led me into Dutch Supercar and Spanish/Int GT as well. I 'll be off to my first FIA GT this year.
Good work. Silverstone FIA GT will BLOW YOUR MIND. I promise.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2132148)   #38
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The Dutch Supercar Challenge this year is packed with many contenders in all shapes and sizes. It looks like it's gonna be a very interesting season!
Guess I'll snag a round or two when there in the neighbourhood .
Old 19 Feb 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2132207)   #39
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for the ALMS, LMS, and Le Mans. The ALMS IMO is seeing a surge in popularity both in North America and in Europe with the factory backing of Audi, GM, Honda, and Porsche, plus more quality teams and less 'field fillers'. The LMS is good too, but the high car counts and an actual GT1 class are probably the only good points of that series. They really need to step up in the marketing and manufacturer involvement department, but Audi and Peugeot are steps in the right direction. They also need to get more fans to actually show up for the races. IMO the atmosphere at an ALMS event is better than all the F1 races I've attended.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2133307)   #40
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like endurance race i.e. 24H du Mans, Sebring, Petit LM, 1000 kms Monza, Spa, Silverstone..., 24H Spa, and Daytona (when the Great Unification will occur).
Old 20 Feb 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2133568)   #41
Ryan
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin
Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the ALMS. They really won me over with the race at Road America this past year. I wish I could get into V8 Supercars or LMS, but with the 1 hr. highlight shows of the races we get on Speed, I can't really get excited about them.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2134261)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Ryan ..... welcome to 10 10ths . A Johnsonville brat and Lienenkugel man , just like another dude on here .

Where abouts are you in Wisconsin ? I used to spend a lot of time in Wis , but never realised how close I was to Elkhart lake .... sad !!

Im really looking forward to the scrap in LMP2 this year , and GT2 . Some belting teams there .
Old 21 Feb 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2134518)   #43
Ryan
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Hi Ryan ..... welcome to 10 10ths . A Johnsonville brat and Lienenkugel man , just like another dude on here .

Where abouts are you in Wisconsin ? I used to spend a lot of time in Wis , but never realised how close I was to Elkhart lake .... sad !!

Im really looking forward to the scrap in LMP2 this year , and GT2 . Some belting teams there .
I live about 45 min south of Elkhart Lake. It is a beautiful part of the state. If there were a few thousand more trees, it would be like racing at Spa. I am also looking forward to the LMP2 and GT2 this year. I think that in GT2, it will be a 3 horse race between the Tafel, Risi Ferrari's and the Lizards.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2134521)   #44
Ryan
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
are you whishing that the Grand-Am will follow ACO/FIA rules ?

GA is clearly becoming a NASCAR series, so hard to see them back to international rules, as they are happy now with the DPS and their GT class (less powerfull than...FIA GT3!!)
GA is a sanctioned Nascar series, if you didn't already know that.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 23:06 (Ref:2134589)   #45
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
GA is a sanctioned Nascar series, if you didn't already know that.
Wrong. Grand American Road Racing Association is a sanctioning body on its own, and also sanctions other series like the Miller Mustang Cup, Ferrari Challenge, Skip Barber and Koni Challenge.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 01:40 (Ref:2134670)   #46
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Wrong. Grand American Road Racing Association is a sanctioning body on its own, and also sanctions other series like the Miller Mustang Cup, Ferrari Challenge, Skip Barber and Koni Challenge.
It is very much attached by the hip to the Sprint Cup series, don't be sily. Its not an accident you saw Jimmy Johnson at the 24 hours of Daytona yawnfest.

NASCAR thinks -

"Add Cup stars, get Cup fans to watch" Cause lord knows only about 30% of the dye in the wool Sportcar fans even watch Grand Am events or go too them.

The majority watch ALMS, its simple as that, Grand Am lovers get butt-hurt over that.

I choose ALMS because outside of Cup I think it is by far the most accessible and "relevant" series available in North America, though we do get 2 rounds of the WTCC in Mexico, so that is relevant as well.

The internet is a wondrous thing, I can watch oh just about ANYTHING and last year I watched -

All Rounds of -

WTCC (Qualifying, Race 1 & 2)

V8 Touring Cars (All Events)

ALMS (all 2:45 mins, not our "edited" coverage)

FIA GT (advert FREE!)

LMS (Including Brazil)

All 24 hours of Le Mans streamed via the internet

Did somebody say Motors TV and Men & Motors???

I am not just limited to what Speed, CBS, NBC, ABC and ESPN will show me...

Last edited by dj4monie; 22 Feb 2008 at 01:44.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2135352)   #47
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
I live about 45 min south of Elkhart Lake. It is a beautiful part of the state. If there were a few thousand more trees, it would be like racing at Spa.
Wooooah!

Hold your horses- Spa/Elkhart Lake/Spa/Elkhart Lak waaah now???

hmmm.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2135647)   #48
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
I live about 45 min south of Elkhart Lake. It is a beautiful part of the state. If there were a few thousand more trees, it would be like racing at Spa. I am also looking forward to the LMP2 and GT2 this year. I think that in GT2, it will be a 3 horse race between the Tafel, Risi Ferrari's and the Lizards.
You lucky sod! If there's one track in the states I'd love to see sportscar/GT racing on,it'd be Elkheart Lake!

Welcome to the forum,by the way
Old 23 Feb 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2135649)   #49
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
It is very much attached by the hip to the Sprint Cup series, don't be sily. Its not an accident you saw Jimmy Johnson at the 24 hours of Daytona yawnfest.

NASCAR thinks -

"Add Cup stars, get Cup fans to watch" Cause lord knows only about 30% of the dye in the wool Sportcar fans even watch Grand Am events or go too them.

The majority watch ALMS, its simple as that, Grand Am lovers get butt-hurt over that.

I choose ALMS because outside of Cup I think it is by far the most accessible and "relevant" series available in North America, though we do get 2 rounds of the WTCC in Mexico, so that is relevant as well.

The internet is a wondrous thing, I can watch oh just about ANYTHING and last year I watched -

All Rounds of -

WTCC (Qualifying, Race 1 & 2)

V8 Touring Cars (All Events)

ALMS (all 2:45 mins, not our "edited" coverage)

FIA GT (advert FREE!)

LMS (Including Brazil)

All 24 hours of Le Mans streamed via the internet

Did somebody say Motors TV and Men & Motors???

I am not just limited to what Speed, CBS, NBC, ABC and ESPN will show me...
Hey there DJ,still around my man? How's about your plans to come visit Le Mans this year then? Drop us a line in the personal mail will you?
Oh,and while you're at it,I'd REALLY love to know how you get to see FIA-GT and LMS.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 23:22 (Ref:2137985)   #50
GSW_Trackside
Rookie

England
Milton Keynes
GSW_Trackside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My 'other' is Britcar. Been following it since its inception and the way it has grown is quite admirable. I like the fact that, as a spectator, it's a very accessible series which attracts quite a diverse array of cars and drivers. The 24 Hours is definitely one of my yearly highlights.