Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Apr 2020, 14:34 (Ref:3971363)   #1
Tim Nash
Rookie

Tim Nash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lombard Rally Bath, October 2021

The third running of Lombard Rally Bath will take place between 16th and 18th October. Lombard Rally Bath introduced in 2018 a new type of event to the UK, a tour for historic rally cars with untimed special stages, set up exactly as they were in the 1970s and 80s. As no timing is involved, competition licences and up to date equipment is not required.
What was meant to be a one-off has grown into an annual event, which in 2019 attracted something in the region of 10,000 spectators, which very nearly brought the event to a halt. As a result in 2020 spectators will be brought to two specific venues only - Badminton House where the 1986 Lombard RAC Rally stage will be recreated - plus the Kemble Rally Festival which will run all day with eight stages run in all, at the Cotswold Airport. Here we will have catering, a shopping marquee and displays of competition cars, plus a large screen relaying film from other venues. Whilst the entrants are away from Kemble, other cars will also be demonstrated.
On Saturday evening the Rally Dinner will take place in the Georgian surroundings of the Assembly Rooms in Bath, with many period drivers attending.
If you are interested in being involved in the whole event, displaying at Kemble or attending the dinner, please get in touch for more information.
Attached Thumbnails
LOZ_6797.jpg   LOZ_6800.jpg   LOZ_6834.jpg  

LOZ_7084.jpg  
Old 17 Apr 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3971418)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
'will take place' ?
that's not a bet I'd take on !
Old 18 Apr 2020, 09:05 (Ref:3971508)   #3
Tim Nash
Rookie

Tim Nash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David

We are working on the basis that it will take place, six months ahead seems to be past the dates generally discussed as being when things will return to some sort of order. Obviously we have contingencies in place - alternative dates agreed with venues for instance. We film the event for a DVD, so if necessary we can live stream it if spectators aren't allowed on site. Certainly if it were a summer date it would be different. but we feel an early autumn date should be OK - we all have to have hope!!
Old 10 May 2020, 20:21 (Ref:3975428)   #4
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is an interesting concept but...

"As no timing is involved, competition licences and up to date equipment is not required."

Really?

It did strike me that if you wrap a car round a tree it still hurts whether you are being timed or not. And if you put people in a rally car on a special stage they aren't going to cruise round...
Old 11 May 2020, 06:35 (Ref:3975464)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
....but I'm sure they are careful enough of their expensive toys not to break them. It's no more dangerous than a circuit track day, when no equipment beyond a crash hat is required.

It sounds like a great event and as I am local ish to Bath, Badminton and Kemble I will do my best to see some of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3975474)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
....but I'm sure they are careful enough of their expensive toys not to break them.
Have you met a rally driver?

Quote:
It's no more dangerous than a circuit track day, when no equipment beyond a crash hat is required.
Circuits don't have trees you can hit.

Quote:
It sounds like a great event and as I am local ish to Bath, Badminton and Kemble I will do my best to see some of it. Thanks for the heads up.
Agreed that it does sound good (both participating and watching). It'll be interesting to see the variety of cars that turn up - there could be some interesting cars making an appearance (some that may notbe used in anger any more).
Old 6 Sep 2021, 20:43 (Ref:4072392)   #7
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to necro an old thread, maybe the mods could rename this one to 2021 .

Is this event going ahead on October 22-23? https://lombardrallybath.co.uk/

If so, I'd love to know if spectators will have access to other stages besides those at Puxton Park on Friday evening and Great Tew Estate on Saturday? The website alludes to spectator areas at the Cotswolds stages but no more details are listed.

Thanks!

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 6 Sep 2021 at 21:03.