Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Jul 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3987274)   #176
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is grotesque to put something on a race car that is purely for show and does not improve its performance.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3987278)   #177
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve just seen them: https://twitter.com/nascaronfox/stat...578091010?s=21

My previous post understated the situation.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3987282)   #178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve just seen them: https://twitter.com/nascaronfox/stat...578091010?s=21

My previous post understated the situation.
https://twitter.com/_JacobSandoval/s...57319809335297

Old 10 Jul 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3987287)   #179
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ha! Yes, it’s a cartoon.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 20:30 (Ref:3987483)   #180
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Good grief. Can someone please shoot those that thought this was a good idea? I thought France The Idiot was nowhere near the controls any more!
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3987696)   #181
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I mean, I think it's kinda dumb, but it's not like this hasn't been done independently in other series...still it's another gimmick.

Old 12 Jul 2020, 22:48 (Ref:3987789)   #182
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I understand it in sportscars at night events for team id in pitlane. And it's much easier for me trackside. But that's a dark track. Don't think they're turning the lights off at Bristol for the race.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 01:02 (Ref:3987803)   #183
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A great few corners by Custer to steal the win. Wow.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:55 (Ref:3987848)   #184
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great finish at Kentucky, very nice driving by Custer. Nice to see a rookie pick up the win!

--

As for the all-star race at Bristol, I don't mind the underglow one bit. It's just a show race, after all. I kinda hope we see a lot of bent cars as well - I want to see frayed tempers going for that cash, darnit!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 15:17 (Ref:3987967)   #185
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh I think it will be like old Bristol and no car escapes unscathed. I can remember Earnhardt dumping Labonte into 3 and getting stuck pushing him across the line for the win for the #5. The fall race Earnhardt dumped him in 1 so he'd be out of the way. Can still see that smashed in front, hood blocking the window in victory lane.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3988272)   #186
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It is grotesque to put something on a race car that is purely for show and does not improve its performance.
The BTCC used to put small metal chips on the underbody, so sparks flew everywhere during night races.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3988273)   #187
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
About the car numbers, they should be next to the front wheel, not the right wheel.

Old 14 Jul 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3988276)   #188
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Don't think they're turning the lights off at Bristol for the race.
I think they should. I just might watch!
Old 16 Jul 2020, 06:29 (Ref:3988644)   #189
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
As for the all-star race at Bristol, I don't mind the underglow one bit. It's just a show race, after all. I kinda hope we see a lot of bent cars as well - I want to see frayed tempers going for that cash, darnit!
Whelp, having checked some highlights I note that the underglow was used less than I thought it would be (only used at the rear of the car). Silly and gimmicky, sure, but I didn't mind it - at least in the All-Star race. Don't see the point of using it in a regular points race though.

As for frayed tempers, it seems there weren't nearly as many as I had hoped. Judging from the highlights at NASCAR.com it unfortunately looked like a pretty tame event. Shame that. I'm just going to blame the reconfigured Bristol, like I always do

(On a side note, Michael McDowell intentionally turning Bubba Wallace in the Open race was just dumb retaliation for nothing. Wallace moving McDowell out of the way earlier in the lap was done pretty gracefully and without major risk, in my opinion.)
Old 17 Jul 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3989070)   #190
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
About the car numbers, they should be next to the front wheel, not the right wheel.

I agree, the Aussie car somehow looks right and the NASCAR number placement wrong. We get used to seeing what we see, so I reckon it would feel normal/ right after a few races. If sponsors are happier as it provides better visibility then it's good for the sport, and anything good for the sport is fine by me.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 18:46 (Ref:3989574)   #191
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
It's been (almost) 10 years since the gorgeous Dodge Challenger debuted in the Nationwide.

Old 19 Jul 2020, 21:44 (Ref:3989605)   #192
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
All it takes is a measly red flag to make the spectators forget everything about social distancing...

"Ma! Look Ma! That's Kevin Harvick! Yes, right there! In the #4 car! He's so close I can throw my Mountain Dew directly into the car! Quick, let me take a selfie!"
Old 23 Jul 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3990481)   #193
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Travis Pastrana is back! He will drive the #40 Niece Motorsports Chevrolet at the Trucks Saturday race.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 10:17 (Ref:3990546)   #194
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I find it quite sad tbh, there was so much moaning about Quinn Houff not being good enough after his crash last Sunday at Texas and people demanding he be demoted/banned from the cup series but theres celebration about Pastrana coming into the truck series this weekend despite him competing in 3 races in 6 years.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3990583)   #195
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, I looked but couldn't find it; I thought there was some shenanigans with Travis' previous departure from the series. Regardless, to your point, tux, this has been an issue for the series, especially the lower ones, where money can trump talent. I think of Buckshot Jones and John Wes Townly; two drivers from my immediate area back in the 90s and early 00s. They had plenty of 'daddy' money and used it to race and crash. A lot.

All that said, Travis has more talent than the two others I mentioned put together and could actually be good for the series in promotion. After a few races of poor performance, that'll wear off, me thinks.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3990646)   #196
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Houff made one mistake; heck anyone can make a mistake. Yes, he's not the fastest but he's also in a pretty low budget team and doesn't have much experience.

I personally think Blaney and his overly aggressive (to me anyway) moves are the most dangerous of all current Cup drivers. The ten car wreck last week was caused by him nearly getting into Joey Logano. Ryan Newman's terrible wreck was Blaney's doing. Kid's a dufus.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 21:57 (Ref:3991744)   #197
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was looking forward to the Daytona road course race in a few weeks but now they’re adding an extra chicane between pit entry and turn 4 😢
Old 31 Jul 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3991859)   #198
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yup, it looks terrible too. Claims to slow the cars before Turn 1 is needed. Think it's more we can't be seen being so much slower than the sportscars here. And no double dipping, only one race allowed over the weekend per driver.

https://racer.com/2020/07/30/nascar-...a-road-course/
Old 31 Jul 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3991879)   #199
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I'd rather see no infield and just two chicanes.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 00:36 (Ref:3991986)   #200
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Earl Bamber gets his wish. From S365:

The Porsche factory driver will make his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in next month’s Daytona Road Course race in a Richard Childress Racing-run Chevrolet backed by KCMG. “I’ve dreamed about competing in NASCAR my entire life, so I am so thankful to Richard Childress, KCMG and everyone who has played a role in creating this opportunity for me,” he said.