Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Oct 2020, 02:59 (Ref:4010050)   #126
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Chamber of Commerce weather for Petit. Joeb, bring your winter clothes
I already dug out my stocking cap and long underwear.

Seriously though I'm super excited to get there.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 10:10 (Ref:4010103)   #127
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least you can enjoy the hot sun. Should be a great race. Petit Le Mans usually delivers
Old 12 Oct 2020, 21:04 (Ref:4010224)   #128
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I already dug out my stocking cap and long underwear.

Seriously though I'm super excited to get there.
Yeah, that's gonna be cold on Fri and Saturday mornings!
Old 13 Oct 2020, 02:24 (Ref:4010265)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I actually started moving some things around to start packing. Long day in the field and I'm tired and sore, so Vodka and Braves it is.

So fellas, if this one goes into 5 or 6 games and game times are at night, you know what we're listening to in T4. And English Tony may be a bigger fan than me and JH.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 07:17 (Ref:4010298)   #130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You must be packing a lot then. Hope you enjoy that vodka and braves after all that.

Sounds you won't be short of things to do at the circuit. Hope you all enjoy it, Petit Le Mans has always been a great spectacle
Old 13 Oct 2020, 12:20 (Ref:4010369)   #131
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I actually started moving some things around to start packing. Long day in the field and I'm tired and sore, so Vodka and Braves it is.

So fellas, if this one goes into 5 or 6 games and game times are at night, you know what we're listening to in T4. And English Tony may be a bigger fan than me and JH.
Did Tony's name change? do we have to call him English Tony now?
Old 13 Oct 2020, 13:31 (Ref:4010379)   #132
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You must be packing a lot then. Hope you enjoy that vodka and braves after all that.

Sounds you won't be short of things to do at the circuit. Hope you all enjoy it, Petit Le Mans has always been a great spectacle
I probably pack in the least of the crew, aside joeb, but it's really just ensuring proper things are still in the proper tubs and cleaning what's been sitting in the shed since last year, since this will be my first and only trip to the track this year.

Quote:
Did Tony's name change? do we have to call him English Tony now?
Yes. Just don't say anything to him being an Everton fan. He may come at you w/ a knife.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4010403)   #133
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Up with Everton
Old 13 Oct 2020, 15:48 (Ref:4010410)   #134
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

He usually shows up in a cloud of dust with a van filled with whatever he found in the yard and a bike on Thursday just before in big cars come out.

Some of us show up with canopies, coolers, a kitchen, flag poles and today plenty of books for the 26 hour wait until anything comes on track. But it does mean trackside seating and leisurely setup. And talking sht about track management changing the rules again because they can. And since I've done enough for now it's beer thirty at 1145.

They told me I could camp with them only if I could support myself and not make them provide for me. I may have gone a bit overboard.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 16:05 (Ref:4010418)   #135
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh and be prepared, the fire ants have regrouped and are taking over
Old 13 Oct 2020, 18:26 (Ref:4010456)   #136
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Oh and be prepared, the fire ants have regrouped and are taking over
I'll bring some Amdro.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 18:41 (Ref:4010460)   #137
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'll bring some Amdro.
Yup, that'll move them to the next site over.

I'll bring some too
Old 13 Oct 2020, 19:01 (Ref:4010466)   #138
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
We're actually good, the neighbors and Dale, not so much
Old 14 Oct 2020, 12:14 (Ref:4010603)   #139
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Two haircuts down, I'm ready to hit the road!
Old 14 Oct 2020, 12:35 (Ref:4010611)   #140
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I have a habit of arrive at the track and haircut. Last 3 years, every event
Old 16 Oct 2020, 01:11 (Ref:4010911)   #141
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
It is dark between 1 and 2.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4011058)   #142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Night at the "turn 8" bridge. Sorry I'm late.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 01:40 (Ref:4011092)   #143
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Friday night "practice" at turn 2-3
Old 18 Oct 2020, 15:46 (Ref:4011365)   #144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So great to see everyone and so nice to have something feel "normal" for a few days. Once I'm done with this haircut, I'll have to sort out whatever got haphazardly thrown into the van.

And I think I've said it in the other thread but the place was pretty packed. It will be interesting if they release an official figure.
Old 18 Oct 2020, 19:23 (Ref:4011401)   #145
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, definitely as busy along the roads and fences as ever, even LMP1 days. May not have been as many campers but visitors for the day seemed high. If that was 50% of the historic sales numbers then the top number didn't have everyone attend who bought one.
Old 18 Oct 2020, 22:22 (Ref:4011421)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I made it home on only one stop, pretty uneventful drive thankfully.

Was fun to see everyone and forget about everything waiting fore at home!
Old 18 Oct 2020, 22:47 (Ref:4011426)   #147
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, 200 emails on my iPad. Using it to watch Wheeler Dealers instead since it can wait until tomorrow. It's still a track day so no work.
Old 19 Oct 2020, 14:34 (Ref:4011514)   #148
S griffin
Veteran

Must be very popular then to have all those emails, all of them business? At least you have a TV show to help pass the time, so enjoy. At least you have had a good time at the track, so you probably have been refreshed by the experience in time for work
Old 19 Oct 2020, 15:39 (Ref:4011521)   #149
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another great PLM weekend.
I set up my tent in our usual spot as did 2 others. They didn't say anything to us. I'm assuming because it was WAY less tent action than normal.
We did bring 18 ez ups so everyone that comes over to our area could be in the shade and not worry about being packed on top of each other.
Attached Thumbnails
20201015_213739.jpg  
Old 19 Oct 2020, 18:04 (Ref:4011536)   #150
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Another great PLM weekend.
I set up my tent in our usual spot as did 2 others. They didn't say anything to us. I'm assuming because it was WAY less tent action than normal.
We did bring 18 ez ups so everyone that comes over to our area could be in the shade and not worry about being packed on top of each other.
I didn't think there would be much in the enforcement of rules over the weekend. It was interesting to walk around the circuit on Saturday. There was some open space in areas, less campers for sure, but lots of people overall.

We did see a golf cart that said "Camping Host" driving around but they didn't seem to be stopping to talk or check passes. The trash pick up people were nice and brought a can for us and was there almost hourly to change it.