Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Aug 2003, 12:49 (Ref:680457)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anglesey BRSCC Aug 9/10th

We've done the Legends at the seaside, so bring on the Monoposto's and XR's and FF's!!

Anyone here going back to the coast for the weekend? Don't forget the FREE BBQ on Saturday night!

Mark
Old 5 Aug 2003, 14:30 (Ref:680537)   #2
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there...honest
Old 5 Aug 2003, 16:10 (Ref:680599)   #3
RobertNickson
Rookie

RobertNickson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian,

You missed an excellent weekend. I only went for the Sunday but saw some of the best racing (not just from the Legends)I have seen during my limited time as a marshal. Certainly going next year.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 17:56 (Ref:680678)   #4
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there.

Hopefully it will be another good weekend by the sea, with nice weather, good company and all being well good races - what more could anyone want?
Old 5 Aug 2003, 18:50 (Ref:680719)   #5
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertNickson
Ian,

You missed an excellent weekend. I only went for the Sunday but saw some of the best racing (not just from the Legends)I have seen during my limited time as a marshal. Certainly going next year.
Yeah!! You had lots of fun with those poor defenceless cones (OUCH!!).

Quote:
Originally posted by SJC-214

I will be there.

Hopefully it will be another good weekend by the sea, with nice weather, good company and all being well good races - what more could anyone want?
We won't!! We're off to Oulton - see you on the 16th.

Old 7 Aug 2003, 14:23 (Ref:682033)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just been informed by the BRSCC that if you are marshalling at Anglesey this weekend, you should have received an invite for the BBQ through the post. This is to enable the Monoposto Racing Club to determine how many of us will want feeding!!
If you haven't had the invite, and you're a bona-fide marshal, you need to contact Tom Dooley at the BRSCC NW - PM me if you need contact details!

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 7 Aug 2003 at 14:24.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 08:39 (Ref:684790)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Following last weekend's BARC meeting at Anglesey, the BRSCC had a very tough act to follow!
However, in my opinion the meeting was every bit as good as the previous weekends' racing.
I think the organisation was excellent and the racing was "Interesting" (Can we have our cones back?)
Old 11 Aug 2003, 11:13 (Ref:684881)   #8
jamo
Rookie

Wales
Stoke on Trent
jamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Interesting' but dusty, I think !!
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:13 (Ref:684936)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Injured Drivers

Does anyone know how Formula Ford drivers Mike Mullins (also BMMC Flaggie) and Bruce Evans are follwing their respective "Offs" at Ty Croes?

Mike managed to cartwheel the number 26 car at the first corner on Saturday, whilst "Brucie" had a huge impact with the tyres at the same corner on Sunday.

Mark
Old 11 Aug 2003, 13:11 (Ref:685011)   #10
S_Morrell
Rookie

S_Morrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It took me a while to recognise Mike after we removed his helmet. He was covered in muck as he had been 'agricultural' for a while and even left us a nice pile of dirt and grass to clean out of our new rescue unit.
I spoke to Mike in the evening. I think the best way I can describe him was "shaken, not stirred" )

Bruce did indeed have a huge impact at the race start and we were on the scene in seconds (we were chasing the race start). First, I want to thank and congratulate the marshals at the scene for their prompt and effective action. This was a significant shunt by any stretch of the imagination - well done and thanks...
Bruce was taken to hospital for observation - I think he will be fine but its not appropriate to discuss here.

Cheers
Si
Old 11 Aug 2003, 13:17 (Ref:685017)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by S_Morrell
...I want to thank and congratulate the marshals at the scene for their prompt and effective action - well done and thanks...
The Observer at Post 1 is still only a trainee and to have to deal with one major incident is enough for one weekend, but to have two, really tested his mettal!
I would like to think that if he needed a signature towards his grading, then he managed to obtain it from either the C of C or the Chief Obs.
Well done Mr H and your team and to the crew on the (Now mucky) rescue unit.

Mark
Old 11 Aug 2003, 17:21 (Ref:685226)   #12
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I hope I get this right as it's the first time I've replied to a topic!

It was my biggest accident by a very long way and I don't want to repeat it in a hurry!! Upside down at that speed isn't recommended!! It helps that I don't think it was my fault.

I'm fine, just a bit shaken - thanks for the thoughts.

I did go and speak to the marshals on the post to thank them. They were great and I told them so. Many thanks. The rescue team were equally as good. Thanks as well. I promise you that you appreciate them at a time like that!

I heard Bruce was okay but not swearing so he must be a bit knocked about!

I hope to be out again but am a bit nervous about it. The car will take time and money to repair so I don't know when it will be. I will be at Oulton watching this Saturday so hopefully see some of you there?
Old 11 Aug 2003, 17:33 (Ref:685236)   #13
SJC-214
Racer

I'm very glad to hear that you are well Mike. I was on post 2 at the weekend and both yours and Brucie accident looked very big.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 17:34 (Ref:685242)   #14
SJC-214
Racer

I would also like to thank both the BRSCC, the Monopostos and all the other competitors for making the weekend a very good and very enjoyable weekend
Old 12 Aug 2003, 07:38 (Ref:685838)   #15
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems Bruce has started to swear ,so they have released him from hospital.
Just wait till he sees his car!!

Glad he's O.K. though.....Mike too!
Thanks for the comments
Ian
Old 12 Aug 2003, 08:20 (Ref:685871)   #16
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Glad to hear you're OK Mike!
However we thought you might have have been able to do a spot of flagging for us on the Sunday!!

Mark
Old 12 Aug 2003, 11:14 (Ref:686051)   #17
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Amusing things heard on radio

At Angelsey, all posts use radio's to communicate with Race Control. For some strange reason, the whole relaxed atmosphere of being beside the seaside makes for some interesting and amusing radio "Traffic".......

"Post 1 are you receiving?"............
Silence!
"Post 1 are you receiving?"............
More Silence
"POST ONE, RADIO CHECK...OVER"
Reply....."Sorry my dear, I swallowed a fly"

Or
"Control from Assembly - all cars are ready for the next race, except for those two cars who were not coming anyway - they are not here!"

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 12 Aug 2003 at 11:17.
Old 12 Aug 2003, 12:09 (Ref:686112)   #18
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, thanks again for the comments.

I promise I was "flagging" on Sunday!

Also, I agree with Si that the trainee observer deserved his signatures as I saw Bruce's accident as well but - so do the rest of his team who wouldn't get one either without an X. I've done "dummy" driver training for marshals and rescue units and know that they were all excellent.