Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Mar 2001, 01:37 (Ref:67306)   #1
Guinness
Rookie

Guinness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbie here!
Just wanted to sign in and say hello to everyone.
I guess I should inform you all of who I support...
I am a JV fan mostly due to geography as I am Canadian. But the driver I hold dear to my heart is Senna.
As we get to know one another better I have some "keepsakes" of Senna I may share with you fans.

Not sure what kind of response I will get out of this post so I will wish you all enjoyment in watching the upcoming season (JV's first win for BAR?).

Old 1 Mar 2001, 02:38 (Ref:67311)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guiness,

Excellent nick name! Welcome to the forum for formula fanatics. As a new member it's your shout! I concur with the Jacques statement.
Old 1 Mar 2001, 02:47 (Ref:67314)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the Forum, Guiness!!! An old sot who occaissionally still frequents this place, Invader, has penned several paens to your malty brew.
I'm sure you will quickly become a favorite of his.

I'm looking forward to the Senna "keepsakes"; he was a great driver and the one who reignited my dormant passion for the sport. I hope you choose to rejoin us often. We're a prety nutty group, especially AMoffat who for some reason has decided to call himself Muffy.
Old 1 Mar 2001, 12:53 (Ref:67367)   #4
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Guinness, you came to the right place, here you will find a good space to pod\st and relax. I think everybody who likes F1, and racing in general, must be a Senna's fan, so good luck at 10/10's.
Old 1 Mar 2001, 16:56 (Ref:67394)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ALERT!!! - Blatant Advertising Opportunity!!!!

Welcome to the forum Guinness. You might like to share your Senna "keepsakes" and other historic racing info with us in the Historics forum.
Old 1 Mar 2001, 17:52 (Ref:67414)   #6
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome, Guinness, from a fellow Canadian, JV fan (naturally),and even bigger Gilles and Senna fan! Can't wait to hear about your keepsakes, and lets hope for JV's first win in the BAR this year, like maybe Sunday? (or Saturday nite, here on the west coast).
Old 1 Mar 2001, 20:12 (Ref:67444)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to 10 Tenths, Guinness. Hope to see you around during the season.
Old 1 Mar 2001, 22:52 (Ref:67475)   #8
Guinness
Rookie

Guinness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the kind welcome. Muffy eh? Not sure I want to know how AMoffat came up with that...
My Senna bits? Well I have been spoiled, very spoiled by my girlfriend... She has purchased odds and sods of Senna's for me over a nine year period. So I have amassed almost a small bedroom full of memorabilia!

One of my favorites is one of the first she gave to me...
She had (as she would say) "through my contacts" gotten a
tape of that horrid day in May 1994.The recording includes Friday practice, Qualifying and the race. Eveything is there to see. Rubin's crash, Rolands and of course Senna's. What is special about the tape (actually 2)is that there is about
1.5 hrs of news coverage concerning his death. Broadcasts from Germany, Brazil, Scottland and England are included as well as a very well produced special on Senna by Murray Walker and guests. Mansel speaks about Senna - and what moves you is the deep respect and admiration Nigel held for Senna. A very special piece of my collection given by a very special girl.
Old 1 Mar 2001, 23:13 (Ref:67477)   #9
Racer X
Rookie

Racer X should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Guinness. Your name will be quite popular around here.