Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Nov 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3164013)   #2426
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Stefan Johansson: Gold -> Silver
Could we start to see more from Mr. Johansson!? (I know he's starting to get old)
Old 8 Nov 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3164017)   #2427
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Could we start to see more from Mr. Johansson!? (I know he's starting to get old)
That depends on how well he's recovering from his broken leg.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3164064)   #2428
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That depends on how well he's recovering from his broken leg.
He does interviews on his website, on all topics motorsport. He doesn't hold back his feelings either, quite entertaining.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3164204)   #2429
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bernie's considering bringing the French GP back next year, on the same weekend as Le Mans.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...eturn-in-2013/
Old 8 Nov 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3164218)   #2430
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Bernie's considering bringing the French GP back next year, on the same weekend as Le Mans.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...eturn-in-2013/
Read it on Endurance-Info too.
Jean Todt should soon man up and go tell Bernie a thing or too!
Old 8 Nov 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3164222)   #2431
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I cannot see Jean Todt allowing the clash of a French GP and LeMans, even if Bernie wants the 23rd of June.

One thing about Todt since he has taken over at the FIA is that he has tried to improve other forms of motorsport not only F1. I doubt we would have a WEC if Max was still around.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3164433)   #2432
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
... I doubt we would have a WEC if Max was still around.
Correct - this is my feeling also ...
Old 9 Nov 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3164528)   #2433
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I cannot see Jean Todt allowing the clash of a French GP and LeMans, even if Bernie wants the 23rd of June.

One thing about Todt since he has taken over at the FIA is that he has tried to improve other forms of motorsport not only F1. I doubt we would have a WEC if Max was still around.
There had to be some sort of reconciliation between the ACO and the FIA and that was never on the cards while Max Mosley was in charge.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3164577)   #2434
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt we would have a WEC if Max was still around.
There is a name from the past that I don't thank you for reminding me of.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3164774)   #2435
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Question is: will the 24H be brought back to its original date - June 15/16? I reckon there´s a good chance...
Old 10 Nov 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3164865)   #2436
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Question is: will the 24H be brought back to its original date - June 15/16? I reckon there´s a good chance...
They need to consider VERY carefully before doing so. It would be an exceptionally bad piece of PR. The inconvenience (and financial implications) to their paying public will be considerable.

A swift change of dates after the provisional dates are announced is one thing, but tens of thousands of racegoers will have now made their plans. Holiday dates booked off at work, ferries (many being non-refundable), flights (as per ferries), hotels, campsites, race tickets, not to mention the time and effort spent making these arrangements.

I, for one, will be EXTREMELY hacked off if they do decide to switch dates.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3164878)   #2437
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see how they can switch now to be honest. Especially with tickets going on sale in the last few days. It's not as if the Magny Cours race has been made anywhere near official yet.

They might have to just take this one on the chin. It's already set quite a dangerous precedent moving around like it has. Ideally they could try and gain some assurances going forward but not really sure how they'd do that.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3165448)   #2438
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The ACO should just run on the dates they currently have, and let BERNIE worry about whether anyone will notice HIS circus down the road... I for one won't.
Rubbish cars, on a rubbish circuit, in the middle of nowhere. At some buttock clenching price...
Old 12 Nov 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3165466)   #2439
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the drivers classifications list, I just noticed that Plowman is not listed...?

http://www.endurance-info.com/2012_W...Categories.pdf

Old 12 Nov 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3165470)   #2440
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doesn't Plowey have to apply to be on there?

The more I look at that list the more it annoys me...
Old 13 Nov 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3165781)   #2441
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
They need to consider VERY carefully before doing so. It would be an exceptionally bad piece of PR. The inconvenience (and financial implications) to their paying public will be considerable.

A swift change of dates after the provisional dates are announced is one thing, but tens of thousands of racegoers will have now made their plans. Holiday dates booked off at work, ferries (many being non-refundable), flights (as per ferries), hotels, campsites, race tickets, not to mention the time and effort spent making these arrangements.

I, for one, will be EXTREMELY hacked off if they do decide to switch dates.
Agreed - a change in date now would imo have more affect on attendance than a clash with F1
Old 13 Nov 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3165837)   #2442
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Doesn't Plowey have to apply to be on there?

The more I look at that list the more it annoys me...
Is this list now absolutely set in stone or is there scope for a common sense revision to it?

So - let's enter realm of fantasy - and say Fernando Alonso decides he's had enough of all this Formula 1 lark and would quite like to run in a Norma at Le Mans - is this going to be a non-starter due to him not being on the list?
Old 13 Nov 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3165844)   #2443
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Is this list now absolutely set in stone or is there scope for a common sense revision to it?

So - let's enter realm of fantasy - and say Fernando Alonso decides he's had enough of all this Formula 1 lark and would quite like to run in a Norma at Le Mans - is this going to be a non-starter due to him not being on the list?
I think there's plenty of scope for it to get revised in terms of new drivers on a race-by-race basis. I remember Liuzzi cropping up on there sometime in the run-up to Le Mans and that being a dead giveaway he was looking at sportscars.

As for revisions to the decisions - I'm not sure. It would appear that Ricardo Gonzalez is going to appeal his promotion to Gold as it impacts quite severely on his opportunities. Maybe others will do the same but I certainly feel like there needs to be something done.

One idea I have is similar to what we have in cycling where, when a young rider moves up into the pro ranks they are deemed a 'neo-pro' for two years. They have to be taken in on a two-year contract to provide a bit of security early in their careers.

What I would propose for the classifications is have a guaranteed two-year freeze on young drivers coming through. Don't have a young driver like Alex Brundle try to make his name one year and then penalise him the next due to some decent results and flashes of pace.

After two years then revisit things. Maybe they won't need to move up. Maybe they will be promoted up into a bigger team and naturally make the progression that way. A guy like Lucas Ordonez has had the chance to establish himself over two seasons now and would have a fighting chance of a drive even without his backing.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3165998)   #2444
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There is an appeals process - several appeals are likely from this list
Old 14 Nov 2012, 03:06 (Ref:3166125)   #2445
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
this may have been asked already, but whats the deal with 12 hours sebring next year? and most importantly will audi and Toyota run it?
Old 14 Nov 2012, 03:39 (Ref:3166130)   #2446
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks like Audi yes (maybe only one car) and Toyota , no. Otherwise it will be whatever ALMS (and a few ELMS/WEC) teams decide to show up.

Hopefully everyone who can will get old cars out of mothballs for one final run, but it might end up being two P1s (Muscle Milk and Rebellion) four P2s, half-a-dozen PCs and the usual great GTE field sans BMW and Flying Lizards (ouch!) and oh, yeah, GTC.

It also might be the last real Sebring in human history, so go there.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 03:43 (Ref:3166131)   #2447
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
There is an appeals process - several appeals are likely from this list
No surprises to hear of that happening. Its good that there is an avenue of appeal, of course you will have disagreement not only by the fans and teams but by the drivers themselves.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3166138)   #2448
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
It looks like Audi yes (maybe only one car) and Toyota , no. Otherwise it will be whatever ALMS (and a few ELMS/WEC) teams decide to show up.

Hopefully everyone who can will get old cars out of mothballs for one final run, but it might end up being two P1s (Muscle Milk and Rebellion) four P2s, half-a-dozen PCs and the usual great GTE field sans BMW and Flying Lizards (ouch!) and oh, yeah, GTC.

It also might be the last real Sebring in human history, so go there.
5-6 LMP1 and 7-10 LMP2 is what most folks who should know are saying.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3166223)   #2449
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
The ACO should just run on the dates they currently have, and let BERNIE worry about whether anyone will notice HIS circus down the road... I for one won't.
Rubbish cars, on a rubbish circuit, in the middle of nowhere. At some buttock clenching price...
I'd agree with that. It's not as if Bernie is being sincere about re-establishing the French GP either. It's merely filler because the New Jersey GP's been been shelved for a year.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3166385)   #2450
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Not sure if this is common knowledge but Graham Goodwin just mentioned on RLM that Michelin is re-entering LMP2 in an official capacity for next year.