Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 28 Aug 2001, 23:14 (Ref:137341)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
love bristol - especially at night....

went out the other night and taped the race, video ran out on lap 425 - not happy jan!!!!!.......so tony stewart won, heard that kevin harvick was right up there on tony's tail, with the superstar in 3rd place.....

bristol is absolutely awesome, i would guess that the atmosphere here would be better than that of daytona or indianapolis - has anyone here ever been to bristol?
Old 29 Aug 2001, 01:43 (Ref:137408)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I only saw a little bit of it..but bristol looks great doesnt it...just like a astrodome type of thingy..as you say gomick the atmosphere must be incredible..would be awesome to go to this race ..lots of close racing and quite a bit of push and shove...good stuff.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 07:58 (Ref:137516)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a friend who has season tickets to Bristol and he tells me that it is very loud and the grandstand literally shakes when the cars are racing on the track. So far, I haven't twisted his arm enough for him to sell me his tickets for the night race yet. This is the toughest race ticket in North America to get from what I hear.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 29 Aug 2001 at 07:59.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 13:34 (Ref:137725)   #4
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love it too, but I just can see the reviews, since I live in south america. Bristol is what Nascar is all about, bumping, accidents, racing until the last lap for a victory. Oh I just wish to have a ticket to see a race at Bristol .
Old 29 Aug 2001, 21:09 (Ref:138029)   #5
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I count myself as one of the lucky few who have been. (Although with upwards of 140,000 seats, the lucky few are now more.) It is an amazing experience. Nighttime in the Tennessee hills - 32,000+ hp - 140,000+ fans - 1/2mi oval with 36deg banking - it makes for a fun night out! If you've ever been to a night race - anywhere - you will have some idea of what makes it special. However it is just these things - and the 16sec lap times - that people who don't like Nascar point to. It just comes down to personal preference again.

It is very loud - a scanner and headphones are almost a must. I don't think that there's a seat where you can't see the entire track, so if you're paying attention (and doing that for 4 hours will test you!) you won't miss any of the action. It was 2 years ago that I was there. (That was the year that Dale Sr bumped Terry on the last lap to take the win.) It was an experience that I will not forget in a hurry.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 22:41 (Ref:138139)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Emfa
It was 2 years ago that I was there. (That was the year that Dale Sr bumped Terry on the last lap to take the win.) It was an experience that I will not forget in a hurry.
Emfa, that particular race was one of the most talked about stock car races of all time. Since Earnhardt is no longer with us, you should be considered lucky that you got to see the intimidator being himself. After the race I got on thatsracin.com bulletin board and you could post a topic there, blink a couple of times and it would be on the second page--no kidding. That is how contoversial that race was, the bulletin boards were literally hopping! I never seen anything like it in all my life.