Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1942981)   #1
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're correct.

Mariantic says that CET Solaroli wont be at Lime Rock. Here we go again...
Old 21 Jun 2007, 14:33 (Ref:1943419)   #2
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A photo of CET Spyder, posted by a Floridan Porsche owner to Pelican Parts forums. PINK!
Old 21 Jun 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1943424)   #3
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Red, I'd say....not the best livery I've ever seen...
Old 21 Jun 2007, 14:58 (Ref:1943435)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
vorsprung, can you show where that was originally linked? Was there any discussion relating to it? When was it posted?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Jun 2007, 15:14 (Ref:1943449)   #5
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
vorsprung, can you show where that was originally linked? Was there any discussion relating to it? When was it posted?
Posted yesterday, no discussion, except "New local Racer!"

MORE random pics, page 725 (some pictures in that thread are borderline NSFW)
Old 21 Jun 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1943464)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, vorsprung.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Jun 2007, 19:12 (Ref:1943600)   #7
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We might see that car on a grid, or we might not. If we do, it may not be for long, and it may not be with the rumored (but delayed) big name drivers.

The conclusion of this article, is...
Quote:
"We’ll be pleasantly surprised to see CET Racing on a grid anywhere, anytime."
Old 21 Jun 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1943640)   #8
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And why, pray tell, did this whole thing suddenly collapse? I find it hard to believe Porsche would sell two RS Spyders to someone without some belief that it'd actually happen.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1943646)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
I'm not so sure it has collapsed, yet. Those cars were not cheap, and Porsche doesn't loan this sort of thing out.

Still, Porsche went to some effort to ensure they were ready to supply engineering support.

-Bill James
Old 21 Jun 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1943682)   #10
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murphy seems to be smokin the good stuff lately, He should write for L#sr.net instead, the rafanelli rumours, CEt is now dying, flip flop goes the pendulum of momentum.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1943689)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is anything ever straight forward in the ALMS, or are people looking for problems were there aren't any?
Old 21 Jun 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1943706)   #12
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by almzkid
Murphy seems to be smokin the good stuff lately, He should write for L#sr.net instead, the rafanelli rumours, CEt is now dying, flip flop goes the pendulum of momentum.
Murphy reports rumors - you never noticed that?

He doesn't pretend to be a news blog, does he? If you want news, then go ahead and wait for AutoWeak...no wait...their news is wrong sometimes, too, isn't it?

As I recall LMSR.net called its reports news...Murphy doesn't do that. If you want news, go to dailysportscar or The Paddock.net. If you want opinion, features and photos go to sportscarpros.com, or to Last Turn Clubhouse. They are all Murphy favorites.

By the way, Murphy had CET right...what he reported was absolutely right, and has since been confirmed by the principals, and (for the drivers) every other outlet around. You heard it on the Le Mans broadcast, right?

By the way, nothing in that LTC report says the deal is "dying." It is an investigative report on company history that pre-dates the whole CET Racing/Spyder deal. The fact is that CET is not independent, it is owned by Infinity Networks, and Infinity Networks is selling for 14 cents a share...about $13 million total value. Seen any adiabatic engines out there lately? Heard about any big contracts that would yield $50 million to go racing with?

To add to this story, CET was not at Road Atlanta today, even though they were expected...that part of the story has been updated

What makes you think Rafanelli won't be back?
Old 21 Jun 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1943714)   #13
TWK
Veteran

Evidently "due diligence" for Porsche didn't include Infinity Networks, John W. Bush, or Don Miller, or any of a number of Nevada Corporations with no reported revenue. (Nor does Infinity Networks have any revenue we've been able to find...aside from proceeds from what appear to be occasional "pumping" of share prices...perhaps the SEC should be taking a look?)

Perhaps Porsche felt all that stuff (and that nonsensical adiabatic engine baloney) was unimportant because dear old Al had plenty of independent wealth? Hope so. I was one who was rather looking forward to a plethora of Porsches.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 05:14 (Ref:1943908)   #14
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
Perhaps Porsche felt all that stuff (and that nonsensical adiabatic engine baloney) was unimportant because dear old Al had plenty of independent wealth? Hope so. I was one who was rather looking forward to a plethora of Porsches.
Why? Because a Porsche parade is what the ALMS needs in the LMP2 class? At least Porsche is winning in one class.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 06:54 (Ref:1943943)   #15
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
Why? Because a Porsche parade is what the ALMS needs in the LMP2 class? At least Porsche is winning in one class.
No, because we're finally getting - with both Porsche and Acura - an LMP2 class that's worth watching, with quality cars, teams, and drivers. Two more, especially as described in Mr. Solaroli's pronouncements, can be nothing but good. More Porsches don't bother me because I have little doubt that Acura - and perhaps others - will rise to the challenge.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:47 (Ref:1944240)   #16
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Solaroli deal did fall through, I think there is still a pretty good chance we would see the 2 Spyders on the grid later this year, as there seem to be a large number of teams looking into the cars (Conzus).
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:23 (Ref:1944372)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I heard a figure of 4 million euro with Porsche support for 1 RS Spyder per season from some German journalists at Le Mans .
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1944389)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
We might see that car on a grid, or we might not. If we do, it may not be for long, and it may not be with the rumored (but delayed) big name drivers.

The conclusion of this article, is...
All this scurrilous rhetoric may or may not have anything to do with the team racing. Can anyone point me to the statement from CET/Solaroli that says they will not be at Lime Rock.

L.P.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1944639)   #19
TWK
Veteran

You can call it scurroulous rhetoric if you like, but that's not the term I would use for reporting what is on the public record.

Why the heck would someone make a statement that they're not going to show up? Not usually. If there is some material error or misrepresentation in the article, perhaps they should comment on that.

Last edited by TWK; 22 Jun 2007 at 22:51.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 01:42 (Ref:1945219)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When a story (report) is produced I would hope it is factual. As I am assuming it was here, since I did not check all the sources. Referencing Infinite Networks Corporation's business practices and then putting forth/implying that they are Al Solaroli's with no evidence to that fact, then yes I consider it scurrilous rhetoric!! According to the report, Al Solaroli was bought out and then made President of the new 'CET Technologies a wholly owned subsidiary of Infinite Networks Corporation' in Jan./Feb. with no explanation of his actual role, if any, other than in name. Where are the facts that connect Al Solaroli to Infinite Networks Corporation at a level to dictate business practices to his corporate bosses?
Also where are the facts that make Infinite Networks Corporation a partner of any degree in the CET Racing/Solaroli Motorsports race team? Where are the lines (facts) to connect the dots? How much is Al worth since the buy-out? By straight extrapulation from current stock value vs. value when the buy-out occured INNX was worth 133,500,000. how much of that did Al get?

L.P.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 04:40 (Ref:1945265)   #21
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How little you know...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1945585)   #22
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
How little you know...
You are exactly right! Because there are no facts produced to say that there is a connection! I am more than willing to be educated on the facts that pertain to this story, but refuse to color someone in that light when to this point it is just hearsay as there has not been anything produced to prove that! Am I saying it is not a possibility? No! Am I saying its not a probability? To that I do not have the answer and the story/article/report supplied no facts to prove it! So unless you are willing to step up and provide those facts this little quip is rather obtuse.

L.P.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1945618)   #23
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Google...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1945744)   #24
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Google...
Sorry, not my job to investigate and find the facts to verify the "investigative report" at LTC! It is the "reporters" responsibility to have the substantiating facts to prove the implications. Otherwise it is just scurrilous rhetoric.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 24 Jun 2007 at 21:24.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 17:00 (Ref:1946493)   #25
TWK
Veteran

The response to much of this is in Part 2

As to relevance to the thread, it is "ALMS 2007 Post Le Mans," isn't it? So whether a team that was announced with great excitement and fanfare shows up - or not - and why, would seem to be "spot on" topic.

Apologies for the link, but part 2 of this is 2100 words, and reproduction here won't serve any purpose (except to clog up the thread).
Closed Thread