Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who's going to win Le Mans?
Bentley (Kristensen/Capello/Smith) 18 29.51%
Bentley (Herbert/Brabham/Blundell) 18 29.51%
Audi Sport UK 10 16.39%
Champion Racing 7 11.48%
Audi Sport Team Goh 2 3.28%
JML Team Panoz 0 0%
Jim Matthews Racing 2 3.28%
Other 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Feb 2003, 11:59 (Ref:517076)   #101
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Absolutely true in my opinion. What better example can there be than Derek Bell?

Derek Who? :confused:

The best example of someone not really making it in F1 but achieving fantastic results in Le Mans is Jacky Ickx IMO.
Not of recent years, but still...
Old 25 Feb 2003, 12:46 (Ref:517111)   #102
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone who wants to buy a Rothmans Porsche 956?
It's a bargain for only 950.000,00 Euro's!

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/Fahrz...&languageID=GB
Old 25 Feb 2003, 13:16 (Ref:517153)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Derek Who? :confused:

The best example of someone not really making it in F1 but achieving fantastic results in Le Mans is Jacky Ickx IMO.
Not of recent years, but still...
Philistine.

(Agreed with you about Ickx though - the record speaks for itself).
Old 25 Feb 2003, 19:36 (Ref:517505)   #104
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bentley Beermon
I desperatley would like to see Johnny Herbert win in the Bentley. However this could be the year of the LMP 675 nameley the MG with Andie Wallace it's got to be worth a bet, if MG sort out the reliability it could walk it.
Now there is a difficult one, Johnny who I have been of for many years or Andy who is my favourite sports car driver, not sure where to put my money. It should be interesting, lets see what happens at Sebring first.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 20:01 (Ref:517535)   #105
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Torn between the two I agree
Old 26 Feb 2003, 08:34 (Ref:518047)   #106
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've got to look at the odds. The only thing the Bentley hasn't beaten are FACTORY R8s. Eh? There you go. As for the GTS discussion, look at PLM '01. The Vette finished just behind the Caddy's and three R8s. All of these were very reliable prototypes, and only one is truly still up and running. While I must say, outright victory is quite far fetched, I totally believe the Vette or the 550 are OVERALL podium contenders at any given race, endurance or sprint. The car that combines Vette reliability with 550 speed is the GT that can conquer La Sarthe. Especially now, with the lack of factory prototype teams.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 26 Feb 2003, 13:07 (Ref:518269)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, can't agree Chevyguy.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 13:19 (Ref:518282)   #108
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lads, I know God, like a sponsor, loves an optimist, but take a look at last years figures. Bentleys fastest lap was 3'39, Ferrari 550 3'57, Saleen 4'02. Thats nearly 2 and a half hours difference over race distance!!! Like I said earlier, a few kilos here and there isn't going to make a difference.
H
Old 26 Feb 2003, 13:32 (Ref:518297)   #109
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't rule out an outright win for GTS. However only with monumental attrition, and Porsche 911 like reliabilty could it happen. Only 675 has the pace to push the 900's. Now that Dyson is no longer waisting time in Grand Am, my moneys on them for the upset victory.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 13:38 (Ref:518306)   #110
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chevyguy
Especially now, with the lack of factory prototype teams.
Mmm... watch the 30 last years results : one victory for the 'non LM prototype', in 1979. I the GTs, but they can't seriously win at LM, except if there's an enormous wreck at the first curve... not completely impossible, BTW... but very very few chances...
Old 26 Feb 2003, 13:42 (Ref:518312)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I know who is going to win at Le Mans.

All of those who are lucky enough to be there, that's who!

We're the real winners.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 14:01 (Ref:518335)   #112
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Aysie, isn't that what sport's all about!
Old 26 Feb 2003, 19:05 (Ref:518547)   #113
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I know who is going to win at Le Mans.

All of those who are lucky enough to be there, that's who!

We're the real winners.
I'll second that