Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4067758)   #251
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coffee and breakfast made. Did I miss much?

We could play who’s drinking the coolest coffee, but it would be a short game.
Attached Thumbnails
29F68622-E093-4D7B-BBAD-8D79E8780BCE.jpeg  
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4067760)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Those are smart!
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4067761)   #253
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

impressif
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4067763)   #254
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they’re going to run out of fresh scenery to throw IDECs at! ….do Oreca run a loyalty card scheme?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4067764)   #255
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Man this session has been useless.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4067766)   #256
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fritz (****) van Eerd has spun the Jumbo at Dunlop…
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4067770)   #257
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Thoughts so far:
- Agreed, those coffee tins are pretty sweet. I feel like after they're empty I would need to go buy power steering fluid and acetone and other garage fluids just to have reason to store them.
- I feel like I've seen more blankets being used when a car comes back from a shunt. Toyota I get, but these are P2 cars. Maybe teams are nervous to show that they are actually running an Oreca?
- Also noticed night vision being used to locate incidents during night practice. Don't remember that from previous years unless I just missed it
- Racing Team Netherlands having a rough practice session
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4067771)   #258
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fritz seems to enjoy beaches.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4067773)   #259
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Some of the am drivers seem to be easily distracted as far as braking points are concerned today….
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4067774)   #260
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Fritz seems to enjoy beaches.
To be fair, in Indianapolis he went off in avoidance of a blue Porsche that was about to plough through the corner and likely into his side.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4067775)   #261
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
#7 Toyota with a problem?

Edit - running again.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4067776)   #262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
To be fair, in Indianapolis he went off in avoidance of a blue Porsche that was about to plough through the corner and likely into his side.
I’m not so sure the danger was quite as imminent as he thought….

Edit - they’ve just shown it again, the Porsche was a long way away….

Last edited by Aysedasi; 19 Aug 2021 at 13:47.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4067777)   #263
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did Toyota Nr. 7 do, stopping after Arnage??

The way he is going now, is it possible, that he did a intentional ctrl-alt-del??
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4067778)   #264
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Toyotats03OUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well better now then during the race (7 Toyota )
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4067780)   #265
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Particularly the last lap of the race
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4067781)   #266
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I’m not so sure the danger was quite as imminent as he thought….
Better safe than sorry. That could easily have been session ending.

In his place I'd also assume that Porsche's not stopping before it crosses the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
- I feel like I've seen more blankets being used when a car comes back from a shunt. Toyota I get, but these are P2 cars. Maybe teams are nervous to show that they are actually running an Oreca?
That was bizarre. Also yesterday a P2 mechanic put his hand and eventually bullied a cameraman away from the car that was being repaired ON THE PITLANE, not even in the garage. How is that even allowed?!
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4067782)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm, more of the fabled Toyota braking issues?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4067783)   #268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Better safe than sorry. That could easily have been session ending.

In his place I'd also assume that Porsche's not stopping before it crosses the road.

That was bizarre. Also yesterday a P2 mechanic put his hand and eventually bullied a cameraman away from the car that was being repaired ON THE PITLANE, not even in the garage. How is that even allowed?!

As I say, think the danger wasn’t as great as he perceived it.

I saw that incident in the pit lane yesterday too and thought it was a bit off….
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4067784)   #269
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Thoughts so far:
- Agreed, those coffee tins are pretty sweet. I feel like after they're empty I would need to go buy power steering fluid and acetone and other garage fluids just to have reason to store them.
I haven’t worked out what to do with them. I keep some fluids in the car, but not sure.
Quote:
yes, odd behaviour.

Quote:
- Also noticed night vision being used to locate incidents during night practice. Don't remember that from previous years unless I just missed it
[/Quote]
Might just be that they are showing on telly? I don’t know.
Quote:
- Racing Team Netherlands having a rough practice session
they need a little pause and then go again.

My son’s opinion on Glick so far. They are either really good or really bad.

Toyota into Arnage. And another at Mulsanne. Funny use of the roundabout.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4067786)   #270
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Just trying a new line at Mulsanne slingshot out of the roundabout.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4067787)   #271
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
I saw that incident in the pit lane yesterday too and thought it was a bit off….
Didn't ACO introduce some sort of regulation about this during the Audi vs. Peugeot era about blocking the camera view?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4067788)   #272
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:

I don t think so. Both of them are pushing the cars over the limit.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4067789)   #273
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Toyotats03OUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anybody notice that apart from the breaking issues that Toyota had earlier during the year, the main issue that they have had during the years is that the car just stops working ( electric or something that it isn’t structural ) it happened at Monza recently other then that Toyota driver don’t make much mistakes.

I know that it has to do with the current tech system ( hybrid) but I don’t record Porsche or Audi having these kinds of issues with their cars.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4067790)   #274
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotats03OUS View Post
Well better now then during the race (7 Toyota )
Definitely.

Still my opinion is that Toyota runs like Clockwork. The guys are pushing the cars now to the limit. Both of them.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4067791)   #275
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Just trying a new line at Mulsanne
Note all the British commentators unanimously proclaimed that Toyota went THE WRONG WAY around the roundabout... forgetting they were in France!