Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2020, 16:23 (Ref:3994181)   #126
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
That double points finish puts RP back in front of Renault in the WCC again, so no doubt Cyril will launch another appeal.

Both Williams last, so perhaps Claire's time is better spent 'driving the team forward' than participating in more action against RP - who prior to this year have done a consistently better job on less resources than Williams and the same engine - despite her claims that their own poor performance is down to budget. It isn't.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3994187)   #127
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Both Williams last, so perhaps Claire's time is better spent 'driving the team forward' than participating in more action against RP
These actions are not mutually exclusive.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 19:38 (Ref:3994250)   #128
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
The Tracing Points did well today but didn't seem to have quite the same pace they'd shown in Q.

In the warmer weather they just didn't have that same edge - strange that, doesn't seem to impact any other team in pit lane - oh hang on......
Old 9 Aug 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3994267)   #129
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
pleased for racing point to get some good points today, let us hope the deduction of points gets reversed on appeal
Old 9 Aug 2020, 20:05 (Ref:3994273)   #130
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The Tracing Points
It's getting old ... and rather childish
Old 9 Aug 2020, 20:16 (Ref:3994280)   #131
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Just a thought..
Perez and Vettel in the Team for 2021.
Strolls Dad will "put" him somewhere else..
Just a thought...
Old 9 Aug 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3994283)   #132
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Just a thought..
Just a thought...
I don't think that is going to happen. Stroll isn't doing that bad a job currently.
At the moment, he has the same amount of points (28) as Perez (22) and Hulkenberg (6) combined.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3994293)   #133
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
In your opinion - which you're entitled to.
Thanks for your input but I'll continue to follow my own path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Just a thought..
Just a thought...
If Seb re-discovers his mojo that would be quite a team. Stroll Jnr is doing well but Perez for mine has more "edge" at times and is genuinely exciting.

Can't see it happening though, blood is thicker than water.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 21:19 (Ref:3994294)   #134
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
$troll. amirite?
Old 9 Aug 2020, 21:27 (Ref:3994295)   #135
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think it is out of fashion now as I just don't seem to see it anymore, but decades ago you had a militant group of haters who would consistently spell Microsoft as "Micro$oft" and Windows as "Windowz".

It was funny one or twice. But then they kept it up. So I decided they can't argue a point without repetitive childish digs, so I just stopped listening to what they say.

Richard
Old 9 Aug 2020, 21:34 (Ref:3994297)   #136
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
$troll. amirite?
See it's funny if used sparingly.

Richard
Old 9 Aug 2020, 22:00 (Ref:3994304)   #137
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
pleased for racing point to get some good points today, let us hope the deduction of points gets reversed on appeal
If that was to happen the extra 15 points added back in would have them up to 3rd in the Constructors Championship, ahead of Ferrari!
Old 9 Aug 2020, 22:08 (Ref:3994306)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s funny they have leapfrogged Renault despite the points penalty

Anyway they have been reprimanded by the stewards for using the brake pads again, despite the fact they were given permission to keep using them! Madness!
Old 9 Aug 2020, 22:12 (Ref:3994310)   #139
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't think that is going to happen. Stroll isn't doing that bad a job currently.
At the moment, he has the same amount of points (28) as Perez (22) and Hulkenberg (6) combined.
Which gives Stroll the worst points per race figure of the three.
Stroll 28 from 5 races = 5.6
Hulk, 6 from 1 race =6
Perez, 22 from 3 races = 7.33

But I agree Stroll wont be moving out.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 05:55 (Ref:3994359)   #140
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
In your opinion - which you're entitled to.
Thanks for your input but I'll continue to follow my own path.

If Seb re-discovers his mojo that would be quite a team. Stroll Jnr is doing well but Perez for mine has more "edge" at times and is genuinely exciting.

Can't see it happening though, blood is thicker than water.
I think Vettel is quickley putting himself in the 'to much trouble to bother with' category. Of course he is a 4 x WDC, but even the most recent one was 7 years ago and despite those credentials he can sometimes (and increasingly) drive like someone in their first FFord race with errors, poor decisions and questionable mental approach on occassions.

I initially thought Vettel and AM, great fit, but now I'm not so sure.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 06:03 (Ref:3994361)   #141
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
If that was to happen the extra 15 points added back in would have them up to 3rd in the Constructors Championship, ahead of Ferrari!
Which is where they should be
Old 10 Aug 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3994403)   #142
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think Vettel is quickley putting himself in the 'to much trouble to bother with' category. Of course he is a 4 x WDC, but even the most recent one was 7 years ago and despite those credentials he can sometimes (and increasingly) drive like someone in their first FFord race with errors, poor decisions and questionable mental approach on occassions.

I initially thought Vettel and AM, great fit, but now I'm not so sure.
Couldn't agree more. At best lacklustre, at worst making mistakes like a novice pay driver and being made to look stupid by his team mate. Why would you? Just because he's a former WDC? And presumably he would expect to be paid a pretty penny too..... Just plain stupid.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3994423)   #143
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I agree entirely - I would not touch him with a barge pole if I were a team manager. His reputation is getting tarnished every race or two, which is sad to see from a multiple WDC.

However, it may be that the series of errors are as a result of his head not being in the right place at Ferrari. Racing Point might think that if they give him a fresh start and a lot of love that he might rediscover his mojo, in a team where expectations are lower compared with Ferrari where he has the expectations of the whole of Italy seemingly weighing heavily on his shoulders.

I'm no fan of his at all. But I would hate to think that when he retires that the first thing people will think of will be his series of disasters instead of his dominant WDCs and many race wins.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 10:34 (Ref:3994425)   #144
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I agree entirely - I would not touch him with a barge pole if I were a team manager. His reputation is getting tarnished every race or two, which is sad to see from a multiple WDC.

However, it may be that the series of errors are as a result of his head not being in the right place at Ferrari. Racing Point might think that if they give him a fresh start and a lot of love that he might rediscover his mojo, in a team where expectations are lower compared with Ferrari where he has the expectations of the whole of Italy seemingly weighing heavily on his shoulders.

I'm no fan of his at all. But I would hate to think that when he retires that the first thing people will think of will be his series of disasters instead of his dominant WDCs and many race wins.
Another thing to add in is that many of his RBR wins were dominant pole to flag victories. He is not good wheel to wheel, which is where RP/AM will be battling, which also counts against him.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Aug 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3994501)   #145
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Couldn't agree more. At best lacklustre, at worst making mistakes like a novice pay driver and being made to look stupid by his team mate. Why would you? Just because he's a former WDC? And presumably he would expect to be paid a pretty penny too..... Just plain stupid.
Perhaps the real reason for signing Vettel is Laurence thinking his son will look so good matching a 4x WDC rather than getting whupped by a very crafty Mexican or quick German journeyman?
Old 10 Aug 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3994541)   #146
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it would have been very interesting to see how Perez got on trying to stretch his tires in either of these British GPs. for the past several years these sorts of alternative strategies has been FI's/RP's bread and butter.

even if we put SV's ever growing lists of own goals aside and say he finds his racecraft again in a new team without pressure etc etc...even at his best SV feels like the wrong driver, wrong style for this team.

i have to admit though, that makes me want to see him in this team that much more. people confounding expectation almost seems like exactly what FI/RP are meant to be there for.

it is just such a shame this chance has to come at the expense of Perez.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 15:01 (Ref:3994542)   #147
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Perhaps the real reason for signing Vettel is Laurence thinking his son will look so good matching a 4x WDC rather than getting whupped by a very crafty Mexican or quick German journeyman?

feel like there may be truth in that!
Old 10 Aug 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3994546)   #148
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
it would have been very interesting to see how Perez got on trying to stretch his tires in either of these British GPs. for the past several years these sorts of alternative strategies has been FI's/RP's bread and butter.

even if we put SV's ever growing lists of own goals aside and say he finds his racecraft again in a new team without pressure etc etc...even at his best SV feels like the wrong driver, wrong style for this team.

i have to admit though, that makes me want to see him in this team that much more. people confounding expectation almost seems like exactly what FI/RP are meant to be there for.

it is just such a shame this chance has to come at the expense of Perez.
I don't think SV ever had much 'race craft' in the traditional sense of the word - he's not an out and out racer like Hamilton or Verstappen or even Ricciardo. He was a great driver for a certain type of car/engine combo that he absolutely mastered and made best use of and has traded on that since. He was good in the wet - great first GP win in the TR.

For whatever reason, as soon as he gets other cars round him, he seems to get the red mist or lacks the last mm of judgement.

Every driver's career comes to an end, Damon Hill went on a year too long IMO.

Perhaps sometimes drivers coming to the end convince themselves that in a better car/team they will suddenly recapture their old form.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3994557)   #149
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
I don't think SV ever had much 'race craft' in the traditional sense of the word - he's not an out and out racer like Hamilton or Verstappen or even Ricciardo. He was a great driver for a certain type of car/engine combo that he absolutely mastered and made best use of and has traded on that since. He was good in the wet - great first GP win in the TR.
after a first lap spin in Brazil in 2012 he still managed to hold on mid pack for the title.

i suppose that since i can really only think of one time where he successfully fought mid pack speaks more to your point then mine though.

although, i think he did fairly well after his spin yesterday to get back to where he was before the spin before his first stop i think but he did throw away any credit for that by subsequently throwing his team under the bus.

one gets the feeling that the atmosphere is increasingly getting toxic at Ferrari. maybe even amplified by life in the 'bubble'?

Quote:
For whatever reason, as soon as he gets other cars round him, he seems to get the red mist or lacks the last mm of judgement.
indeed, there are lots of example of that. and a few of him binning it with no one around unfortunately. it really has been a few seasons like this now.

Quote:
Every driver's career comes to an end, Damon Hill went on a year too long IMO.

Perhaps sometimes drivers coming to the end convince themselves that in a better car/team they will suddenly recapture their old form.
despite evidence to the contrary, i am still holding out hope that there is still a quality campaign left in him maybe even a Fisi at Spa type moment.

as a sports fan this improbable possibility intrigues me but no doubt just wishful thinking on my part.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3994605)   #150
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Which gives Stroll the worst points per race figure of the three.
Stroll 28 from 5 races = 5.6
Hulk, 6 from 1 race =6
Perez, 22 from 3 races = 7.33

But I agree Stroll wont be moving out.
That's 2 races for Hulk, he was entered in both. Broken car doesn't mean he didn't run and qualify and the car was entered in the GP. So Hulk actually had the worst number at 3 per entry.