Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 28 Nov 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3337860)   #1
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna Lotus 1/18th model

Hi, If this is not OK please delete.

My neighbour has been trying to raise some money after having some rough family trauma and has asked me for advice on the value of a model he has. It is a 1/18th JPS lotus 97/8T minichamps model with box. To me it looks in good condition and I would love it but, other half said no !

Can anyone give a best guess on what it is worth, well known auction sites range quite a lot.

Thanks
Old 15 Dec 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3344365)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are Buy it Now's on Ebay at the moment for between £150 and £200. But I also see that one failed to sell at £89.77.
Old 15 Dec 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3344401)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing I would suggest is go the "Advanced Search" page and do a search for "Completed Auctions", which is a check box lower down the page. That will give you an idea of what things have actually sold for in recent times.

I did a search and from what I saw was these models fetch about $150-$200 which I think is a great price. I remember a few years ago these Senna 1/18 cars struggled to fetch $60 as Minichamps made too many of them at the time for the market. I should have bought a truckload of these and stashed them away.

Typically if I sell anything on ebay what I do is list my starting price at the lowest price I am willing to sell for and I figure whatever I get over that is gravy. Good luck to your friend.