Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 May 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2455330)   #501
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Erhm,sorry to have to slap your whrist here mate,but the Gillet actually is the carboncopy of the Spyker.
Nowadays the Gillet runs the same ex-Audi V8 Spyker used to run.
Really a shame there now running this flatplane crank.

But as you so rightly point out,the new Aston Vantage indeed is an absolute worthy replacement for the old crossplane Spyker unit.
Well when I heard the Gillet it must have been sick then. Which explains why I've only seen one race for two laps. And then retire with an engine failiure.

Ok, the Spyker sounds like a sick Gillet Vertigo.
Old 4 May 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2455370)   #502
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Well when I heard the Gillet it must have been sick then. Which explains why I've only seen one race for two laps. And then retire with an engine failiure.

Ok, the Spyker sounds like a sick Gillet Vertigo.
Ha ha..

Last years Spa 1000km it(the Gillet) sounded just fine! Indeed a reminder of how good the old Spyker unit used to sound.
Too bad it kept having all kinds of faillure's. So what you saw was expectable...
Old 4 May 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2455393)   #503
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ha ha..

Last years Spa 1000km it(the Gillet) sounded just fine! Indeed a reminder of how good the old Spyker unit used to sound.
Too bad it kept having all kinds of faillure's. So what you saw was expectable...
No, just did my research and this was 2007 when it had an Alfa Romeo V6 in it.
Old 4 May 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2455439)   #504
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No, just did my research and this was 2007 when it had an Alfa Romeo V6 in it.
Ah,indeed that didn't sound too healthy. A Very dry and raspy sound...
Old 4 May 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2455470)   #505
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob Brannon's recently written a good article on Spyker racing.
Old 4 May 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2455482)   #506
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can I find it?
Old 4 May 2009, 23:13 (Ref:2455508)   #507
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I go slightly off topic for a moment - is anyone racing the Gillet Veritgo anywhere in 2009???

Spyker article here
Old 5 May 2009, 05:31 (Ref:2455586)   #508
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post

Spyker article here
...ulp... 'Former F1 champion Derek Hill'.... shome mishtake shurely... (did he mean son of Phil Hill..?)
Old 6 May 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2456463)   #509
Stephan2738
Racer

Stephan2738 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
Is Jarek Janis recovered? Or not?
He's not on the list anymore: http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_....php?circuit=4 . So I guess he is not (fully) recovered yet.
Old 6 May 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2456554)   #510
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
...ulp... 'Former F1 champion Derek Hill'.... shome mishtake shurely... (did he mean son of Phil Hill..?)
I'm sure he did.
Old 7 May 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2456901)   #511
BobbyStarEyes
Rookie

BobbyStarEyes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
My mistake. Damon Hill is the former F1 champ I was thinking of. Derek Hill (both start with a "D") is Phil Hill's son and was the Spyker driver. I simply had a brain fade. Good catch!
Old 7 May 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2457518)   #512
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
According to planetlemans,Spyker is well prepaired for Spa and is boasting a new high downforce/low drag(how do they do that?) wing and finally the long awaited roof induced airbox. Great!

I really wish for them guys to do well. The driver line up sure won't be the weak point!
Old 7 May 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2457520)   #513
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
According to planetlemans,Spyker is well prepaired for Spa and is boasting a new high downforce/low drag(how do they do that?) wing and finally the long awaited roof induced airbox. Great!

I really wish for them guys to do well. The driver line up sure won't be the weak point!
If you think about how much factory support is invested into the Porsches, Ferraris and to a certain extent the Astons, it makes you realise what a fantastic job they do.

I hope they get one across the finish line this year, that would be something special.

And if they got a GT2 podium, I think all Le Mans fans will have a fit!
Old 7 May 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2457543)   #514
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:

And if they got a GT2 podium, I think all Le Mans fans will have a fit!
Uh ow,that'd mean I'd have no voice left the next morning 'cause of cheering my longs out at the podium ceremony!
Old 8 May 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2457922)   #515
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
@GTfour, do you know for sure it is a roof induced airbox? When I read the pressrelease I only see this:

Quote:
an optimised new air-box enabling the engine to deliver more torque
Oh and the reason why Jarek Janis won't race is:

Quote:
Jarek Janis receives medications to recover from an inflammation of the jaw and was advised by his doctors not to drive
So this has nothing to do with his 'old' injury?
Old 8 May 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2458011)   #516
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
You cought me there AX. It's a well educated guess of mine about the airbox. Surely,the most logical way to improve the airbox is to abandon that strangeling contraption they had up untill now by allowing the air the shortest route i.e. via the roofscoop.

I'm willing to bet you €20,- I'm right.
Old 8 May 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2458015)   #517
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
So you are pretty sure I do hope you are correct!
Old 8 May 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2458017)   #518
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Will you be able to go and see them for yourself this Sunday AX?
Old 8 May 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2458073)   #519
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Nope, won't be there. Didn't follow the practive very closely, but it looks like they did very well? No times in the first part of the session? And one of the fastests in the second wet part?
Old 8 May 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2458084)   #520
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Spyker is 7th in the 1st free practice session. Peter Dumbreck set the team's quickest time in wet conditions.
Source: Spyker Squadron's Twitter
Old 8 May 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2458145)   #521
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Third quickest time in the wet for Spyker today and fastest GT2 trap speed.
Source: Squadron Twitter
Old 9 May 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2458407)   #522
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You cought me there AX. It's a well educated guess of mine about the airbox. Surely,the most logical way to improve the airbox is to abandon that strangeling contraption they had up untill now by allowing the air the shortest route i.e. via the roofscoop.

I'm willing to bet you €20,- I'm right.
No you are not You owe met 20,- now. They did however make some changes for the airflow delivered by the roofscoop.

It looks like we will have a dry second free practice session, not sure if qualifying will be dry though.
Old 9 May 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2458475)   #523
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Too bad the saturday practice didn't go so well...

Quote:
Disappointing session. One of the other GT2 cars pushed Tom off the track. As a result he hit the wall and returned for repairs.
Let's hope everything will be ok again for the qualification.
Old 10 May 2009, 06:13 (Ref:2458893)   #524
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
Too bad the saturday practice didn't go so well...

Let's hope everything will be ok again for the qualification.
Well we had a session of only 9 minutes...because of a code red and Peter did just one timed lap. There is no warming-up either this morning because of the fog.

We have put a new video with Tom and Peter online at Vimeo:
Old 10 May 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2458949)   #525
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Oh ..... Brilliant video , thanks very much Vandijk .

Best of luck for today . Hope Tom is right and we get to see ye on the podium !!!

Question ..... we ye have team gear at Le Mans ? I would like some and a small t-shirt for my daughter ?

Thanks .