Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 5 Jun 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2891822)   #76
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A circuit displayed in line drawing format only as it's full of layering issues that I can't be bothered sorting out to then add colours.

Featured is the wider main straight. from the pit entry the pitlane is pushed further back giving a wider S/F and T1. It returns to the standard width at the pit exit.

Track length is 3.45 miles and runs clockwise
Attached Thumbnails
June 1.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 5 Jun 2011 at 23:46.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2893025)   #77
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it a lot!
That T7 makes for quite a challenge! Nice use of the "C" concept, I'm a believer in that format!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2899729)   #78
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful.
First glance reminded me of Croft in terms of its (very) general shape. But its got everything - overtaking spots, high speed corners, and quite gradual hairpins which I'm a big fan of. I can also see a couple of spots ideal for spectators.

Great job! Thumbs up from over here!
Old 16 Jun 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2900201)   #79
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Next circuit, a full colour one should be up over the weekend.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 16:03 (Ref:2900995)   #80
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
And the weekend starts on Fridays

Here it is, my next creation, it's ended up looking like a stylised fist or something, but I hadn't anything in mind at the time.

A clockwise circuit of 5240m that's 3.275 miles (the difference in the chicane is only 20 metres.

The back straight which includes the kink is just on 1km.

As usual comment criticism and possible edits are welcome
Attached Thumbnails
june 1 Top.jpg   june 1 T1.jpg   june 1 back straight.jpg  

june 1 view from Horse shoe.jpg   june 1 Chicane.jpg   june 1 last corner.jpg  

Old 18 Jun 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2901511)   #81
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im really liking this one. Lots of high speed, multi-apex corners combined with a few overtaking opportunities at T3,4 and 6. You've also got a nice atmosphere there with the stands being close to the track and the stadium-like stand at T6.
Old 9 Jul 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2924326)   #82
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
My Next design was intended to be on site before the end of June, but better late than never.

This anticlockwise circuit is 6.289 kms or 3.931 miles
It's created from an 3.723km (2.327) mile Home circuit, linked to a 2.706km (1.691) loop circuit that is used for racing school and separate track day events. - the independent access to the loop is not shown.
Attached Thumbnails
June 3 Top View.jpg   June 3 t2.jpg   June 3 Club.jpg  

June 3 loop.jpg   June 3 loop2.jpg   June 3 final corners.jpg  

Old 31 Jul 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2934225)   #83
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
A Clockwise circuit this time. Intended as FIA Grade 2 so No F1 cars here.

2.825 miles or 4.520 Kms if you prefer.

Comments, Criticisms and possible edits welcome as always.
Attached Thumbnails
July 3 Top.jpg   July 3 T123.jpg   July 3 T5.jpg  

July 3 T9.jpg   July 3 Final Section.jpg  
Old 1 Aug 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2934272)   #84
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
king of motorcycle circuits! love it in a 600cc
Old 14 Aug 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2939646)   #85
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Having watched the Global RallyX on ESPN UK nd the X-Games as well, I thought it was time I had another crack at a rallyX circuit...US Style complete with Jump/joker lap.

The Lap is 2.4km or 1.5 miles, with the start sprint being 400m in length, initially on tarmac before going onto gravel.
I've managed to include a parallel section with the finish line is just after the re-join. This should give a head to head finish that Global Rally X seem to like but in a safer way.
The track width is 14 metres except approaching the split where it opens out to 30 metres and at the rejoin where it narrows from 30m back down to 14m.

As it turns out the laps are the same length but obviously the Jump lap will be a quicker drive. The Jump is 20m across the 14m wide track...20m is approx 70ft which is the size of the Jump used by the Global RallyX.
Also shown in the lighter colour is the abort route should someone have a mechanical between the split and the Jump.
I admit I probably have the angles of the ramps totally wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
August 2 Top.jpg   August 2 Split.jpg   August 2 parallel section.jpg  

August 2 Finish.jpg  
Old 2 Sep 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2950074)   #86
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
A Twin Circuit this time

North is 2.59 miles
Anticlockwise

South is 1.41 Miles
Clockwise

GP Circuit is 4.08 Miles
Anti Clockwise
Attached Thumbnails
August 1 Top.jpg   August 1 North.jpg   August 1 South.jpg  

August 1 Numbered GP.jpg  
Old 4 Sep 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2950714)   #87
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks like a lot of fun to drive. 2 suggestions: The graveltrap at turn 5 looks a bit to small, with the high speed approach. It is also quite a quik turn.
The braking for turn 8 must be very difficult to get right, having just more or less driven over a crest. However, the turn would be even more difficult to get right if the entry was also at the downhill-slope.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2950860)   #88
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
T5 Would be pretty quick though not as tight as if first appears. from the tun in point there is a tarmac "junction" and the width of the track before reaching the gravel in a reduced traction situation. Also as the turn in is early the loosing during the corner means that anyone entering the gravel will be going across/through at an angle making the distance longer as well.

I've zoomed in on T6, showing the racing line and distances off from it. The Distances are of the lines, so there is a few more metres as well.

The down hill itself is only around 60m, with a further 30m before the the turn in, so the braking point would actually be just on the cresting onto the down slope.
Attached Thumbnails
August 1 T5 close up.jpg  
Old 7 Sep 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2952445)   #89
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Here is my next one, it's not fully developed but I've already moved on to the next one.

The GP Circuit using the Chicane on the straight is 5.979 kms or 3.73 miles (the chicane only adds 22 metres to the length

The National Circuit (using the chicane) is 4.139 kms or 2.58 miles

The School Circuit is 1.940kms or 1.21 miles which for reference to a real world circuit is about the same as Brands Hatch Indy.

All circuits run anticlockwise, with the National and School circuits able to be used at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
September 1 Top Dimensions.jpg   September 1 East and West Dims.jpg  
Old 7 Sep 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2952451)   #90
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This circuit appears to have some nice fast bends and curves, It should be a driver challenge if there is some elevation change as well.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2952464)   #91
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
I like this track but i think its going in the wrong direction. I think the fast corners would be a lot more challenging with the long straight before them especially on the un-chicaned straight. The only problems would be if there wasnt enough space for run-off and it could harm overtaking oppertunities, however slipstreaming battles may start due to the amount of high speed straights and curves.
Old 10 Sep 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2953449)   #92
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
I like this track but i think its going in the wrong direction. I think the fast corners would be a lot more challenging with the long straight before them especially on the un-chicaned straight. The only problems would be if there wasnt enough space for run-off and it could harm overtaking oppertunities, however slipstreaming battles may start due to the amount of high speed straights and curves.
Thats an interesting comment from Speeding Tortoise because on my first look at the GP track I would have thought it was designed as a clockwise track, not an anticlockwise one, The long straight followed by a really fast corner is a little like Ricard, and Signes is a real racers corner. As a clockwise track I quite like it.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2956495)   #93
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Here is my next one, it's not fully developed but I've already moved on to the next one.

The GP Circuit using the Chicane on the straight is 5.979 kms or 3.73 miles (the chicane only adds 22 metres to the length

The National Circuit (using the chicane) is 4.139 kms or 2.58 miles

The School Circuit is 1.940kms or 1.21 miles which for reference to a real world circuit is about the same as Brands Hatch Indy.

All circuits run anticlockwise, with the National and School circuits able to be used at the same time.
SBF, if I were still building the schedule for a (ficticious) international formula racing series of my own, I'd surely would ask the circuit owners if they would be interested in having us for an event on the GP circuit. But I'd insist on skipping the chicane on the backstraight. I believe this is one of your best circuits so far. Thanks for posting.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2958512)   #94
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Anyone posting on here been around long enough to remember this one of mine from the day before sketchup ?

Well I decided it was worth redeveloping the circuit for modern usage.
Surprisingly the original size guestimates have worked out pretty close.
First image is the full view

It now comes in a range of layouts based around the single Pit complex

The track sizes for the layouts shown below are:

Short: 2.764 km ... 1.73 miles (chicane adds 48metres ...0.03 miles)
Intermediate A: 3.733km ... 2.33 miles (chicane adds 48metres ...0.03 miles)
Intermediate B: 4.700km ... 2.94 miles (chicane adds 48metres ...0.03 miles - long hairpin adds 581m ...0.36 miles)
Perimeter: 4.972km ... 3.11 miles (chicane adds 48metres ...0.03 miles - long hairpin adds 581m ... 0.36 miles)
GP Circuit includes Chicane: 5.717km ... 3.57 miles (long hairpin adds 581m ... 0.36 miles)

Note the Long Hairpin is rarely used due to the lack of run off. Negotiations are under way to purchase more land, in order to extend the run off
Attached Thumbnails
September 2 Top View.jpg   September 2 Short.jpg   September 2 Inter A.jpg  

September 2 Inner Short.jpg   September 2 Peri.jpg   September 2 GP Circuit.jpg  

Old 20 Sep 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2958528)   #95
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
This is the type of track i love. Fast, flowing curves leading onto a long straight followed by a fast, brave corner. T10 to the long hairpin sum it up brilliantly. T1 reminds me of the last turn at Tsukuba but bigger and faster. The only problem with it is, as you pointed out, the run off at the long hairpin and without the extra run to T3 it makes T3 that little bit harder to overtake into, but despite this, this has to be one of my favourites from you. Very well done.
Old 21 Sep 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2959060)   #96
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Here are the dimensions on the circuit for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
September 2 Dimensions.jpg  
Old 30 Sep 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2962774)   #97
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I had intended to put in more circuit surrounds and pit building etc, but I wanted a third circuit in before the end of September.

So Here it is.

A Clockwise circuit of 5.903 kms - 3.69 miles

The stadium section is designed to break up what is otherwise a pretty quick lap.
Attached Thumbnails
September 3 Top View.jpg   September 3 Dimensions.jpg  
Old 30 Sep 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2962922)   #98
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
Again another great one from you. Slightly faster than some of your recent tracks. The northern loop reminds me of Zandvoort and it think the stadium section would create a good chance for overtaking.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 00:38 (Ref:2970798)   #99
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
October sees another design from me

This time it's 5.345kms long that's 3.34 miles (a topical real world comparison Korea F1 Circuit is 300m longer than this design)

It runs Anticlockwise and should be a challenge to set up for with long "straights" but some very slow corners in the technical section.

As ususal comments criticism and possible edits are welcome.

A topical real world comparison Korea F1 Circuit is 300m longer than this design and also runs anticlockwise
Attached Thumbnails
October 1 Top View.jpg   October 1 Dimensions.jpg   October 1 first corners.jpg  

October 1 Technical section.jpg   October 1 long hairpin.jpg   October 1 final corners.jpg  

Old 18 Oct 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2973352)   #100
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Wild Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like an interesting circuit. What program do you use to make the tracks?