Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2015, 04:17 (Ref:3545075)   #626
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

on my way, see you at the meet, probably sooner
Old 5 Jun 2015, 05:13 (Ref:3545077)   #627
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
it starts getting very exciting when people start posting that they are off, safe journey you two and see you in the home of motor racing
Old 5 Jun 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3545148)   #628
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got my pass-out!

Having missed the main race since 2009 (although been to every LM Classic since) I've hired staff to run the shop (thanks Fiona) got some last-minute tickets (thanks Mal) got an Arnage camping ticket (thanks Stijn on Club Arnage) and got the spousal blessing (thanks Suz) and I'm coming to Le Mans!

Ferry booked for Tuesday night, beam converters ready to attach to the Benz and barbeque ready for the first merguez of the year - I am ready. The race may no longer run without me.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 14:20 (Ref:3545200)   #629
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent news Tim, we'll expect to see you at the meet!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3545210)   #630
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just 14 hours till my second Le Mans adventure begins! Car and Bags packed! Guides printed! Tickets waiting for us! Time for Le Mans 2015!!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3545228)   #631
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i hate thiese few days when everyone starts leaving for the trip and i still have over 3 days until i leave
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3545231)   #632
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i hate thiese few days when everyone starts leaving for the trip and i still have over 3 days until i leave
Spare a thought for me - I have 6!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3545232)   #633
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There is an obvious answer Simon......
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:45 (Ref:3545233)   #634
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
By the way VIP ACO email recieved today. Any of these areas any good and what is the "bracelet" they refer to?

The ACO will offer this year ,three exclusive areas to its members with an exceptional view of the race:

The Chapel Member’s Enclosure will have a bar, snack area, terrace and a private, exceptional view of the Dunlop Bridge.

The “Raccordement” Member’s Enclosure will open on Wednesday and will provide a restaurant and a large terrace with privileged view of the Raccordement corner

Access to the Grandstand 17’s ground floor and first floor, with bar and snack area. (Access to seats will only be possible upon presentation of your grandstand ticket purchased beforehand)

You will be able to withdraw your bracelet in each of these areas upon presentation of your valid membership card.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3545243)   #635
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd have preferred them to have spent their time more profitably by getting my new membership card to me in time. Still no sign of it - I only paid 37 days ago......
Old 5 Jun 2015, 16:48 (Ref:3545256)   #636
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Gavin, the bracelet they refer to is a wrist band, when you report to one of the area's they scan your membership card and issue one bracelet per card it is then secured to your wrist so that you can not remove it. The viewing area's are good especially if the weather is bad and the food at the ACO stand is good and cheaper than normsl stands
Old 5 Jun 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3545298)   #637
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
By the way VIP ACO email recieved today. Any of these areas any good and what is the "bracelet" they refer to?

The ACO will offer this year ,three exclusive areas to its members with an exceptional view of the race:

The Chapel Member’s Enclosure will have a bar, snack area, terrace and a private, exceptional view of the Dunlop Bridge.

The “Raccordement” Member’s Enclosure will open on Wednesday and will provide a restaurant and a large terrace with privileged view of the Raccordement corner

Access to the Grandstand 17’s ground floor and first floor, with bar and snack area. (Access to seats will only be possible upon presentation of your grandstand ticket purchased beforehand)

You will be able to withdraw your bracelet in each of these areas upon presentation of your valid membership card.

They offer the same than last year. Nothing extraordinary.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3545300)   #638
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As long as they let me in on last year's card, I'm good.....
Old 6 Jun 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3545427)   #639
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
" If you have not received your membership card on time for the race, you may collect a temporary card at our Information Point at the North Entrance."
Old 6 Jun 2015, 07:15 (Ref:3545428)   #640
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, where did you spot that Vince? It clearly suggests that either they've had a massive influx of applications or they just haven't been getting them done fast enough... Just need to check where the North entrance is......
Old 6 Jun 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3545432)   #641
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
North entrance is Museum entrance.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3545435)   #642
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, that's good, thanks very much Christopher.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 08:24 (Ref:3545439)   #643
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
It said so in the mail I received from the aco about these vip places.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3545461)   #644
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Quote:
Gavin, the bracelet they refer to is a wrist band, when you report to one of the area's they scan your membership card and issue one bracelet per card it is then secured to your wrist so that you can not remove it. The viewing area's are good especially if the weather is bad and the food at the ACO stand is good and cheaper than normsl stands
I hate those bands - and unless they are all-inclusive I can't see me wearing it for long.
So 15 Euros each for my other 3 companions? Can I get one of them in instead of my spouse etc?
Old 6 Jun 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3545466)   #645
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's no big deal wearing them, you forget you are after a few hours.

I wonder what luminous colour they'll be this year? IIRC, the guest bands were bright pink last year......
Old 6 Jun 2015, 10:13 (Ref:3545478)   #646
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well it's that time.... The time for my final pre-France post on Tenths. I'll be leaving for Pompey in about half an hour. Just have a couple of 'pre-flight' checks to do now. Unless I get on with Tapatalk, I won't be around probably until Sunday evening. Good luck and safe journeys to all those who are lucky enough to be making them.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 10:42 (Ref:3545489)   #647
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd have preferred them to have spent their time more profitably by getting my new membership card to me in time. Still no sign of it - I only paid 37 days ago......

Extra last post - 5 minutes before I leave. Guess what's just arrived...... ?

Talk about cutting it fine!
Old 6 Jun 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3545492)   #648
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Extra last post - 5 minutes before I leave. Guess what's just arrived...... ?

Talk about cutting it fine!
Arriving Just-in-Time!
Seems to me that ACO has been reading up on optimisation

Safe travels Ayse!
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3545526)   #649
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Cheers, on the boat with James now waiting to shove off.... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433597464.357475.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	45220
Old 6 Jun 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3545537)   #650
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Have a safe journey Andrew, say hello to James and see you in a few days