Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:31 (Ref:874713)   #76
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can remember seeing the car at Silverstone for the 500km in 2000 when it qualified on pole and at the start as it came round to the end of the warm up lap and the race began, it looked amazing! That car, with that colour scheme, leading a field of sports cars across the start line at accelerating speed, fantastic!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 16 Feb 2004, 22:18 (Ref:876275)   #77
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Yes, that's really too bad ! Any hope to see this beauty - IMHO - back in a more suitable livery ?

I'll NEVER forget the two (yes, two) Lolas in the pits at LM, a week before the race, all alone, in the silence, at noon (was it monday ? Or the week before the LM week ? I can't remember), and one guy going out of the pit to start one of the engines... i was alone in the grandstands, facing the pits, and that SOUND ! Funnt how memories come...
Im not sure that I like the sound of the cars on the front straight . The sound seems to echo off the grandstands and seems tinny to me . Its much better down by the first chicane at night . Seeing these beasts under braking , engine popping and brakes and exhaust glowing in the dark with the odd sheet of flame lighting up the woods on both sides of the road ..... sheer bliss . I want my ash's scattered around the first chicane

Last edited by The Badger; 16 Feb 2004 at 22:19.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 15:34 (Ref:877084)   #78
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not for a hell of a long time though, Badger! If you mean the bit just after the Dunlop bridge as the cars get set for Tertre Rouge? If so save a nearby spot for me too!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 06:09 (Ref:877978)   #79
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Im not sure that I like the sound of the cars on the front straight . The sound seems to echo off the grandstands and seems tinny to me . Its much better down by the first chicane at night .
Agree. I was just mentionning that day two weeks before the race, the track was closed, that's why the car was stucked in the pits...

My favourite places for the sound : Tertre Rouge and Arnage area : we're so close !
Old 18 Feb 2004, 18:16 (Ref:878520)   #80
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the short straight between the esse de la forêt and the virage du Tertre Rouge. Very close to the track and there is nearly nobody. The sound is amplified because of the concrete walls but you can feel the acoustic makes vibrate yourself !
Old 19 Feb 2004, 01:24 (Ref:878929)   #81
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
All in all , Ive never felt more at home on any other other forum . Its a nice comfy place to be ..... Aysedasi ..... Take my hat off to you and to all the folks who make this a homely forum to be with .

Thank you
Old 19 Feb 2004, 01:26 (Ref:878931)   #82
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
I like the short straight between the esse de la forêt and the virage du Tertre Rouge. Very close to the track and there is nearly nobody. The sound is amplified because of the concrete walls but you can feel the acoustic makes vibrate yourself !
Vibrate yourself !!!!!

I once got caught between two trees on the inside of the esse's as the Mazda 787B blew past , that did tweak my ear . I do miss that !
Old 19 Feb 2004, 01:49 (Ref:878938)   #83
The Badger
Veteran

The run from the Esse's to Tetre Rouge is just the biz . You can see them getting light just exiting the Esse's and blast into Tetre Rouge . I reckon that the outside is better cuz you can see more than on the inside . I love that corner and am a little worried about a vicious rumour that they will make some changes to it and ruin it . What can they do ..... they cant extend it because of the public road on the other side of the wall , but to shorten it would decrease the angle of the corner and in theory make it faster !
I hate this **** of changing tracks . That is the challange of the driver and leave it at that in my opinion . There has been a few accidents there but nothing that was so terrible and that couldnt have happened at other corners .
When they planted the chicanes on the Mulsanne , for me that was terrible . The only person that made anything from that was Pescarolo cuz he bottled the earth from the hump and has it for sale on his website for 10 euros a bottle , clever man , he should present a bottle of it to a Mr.Balaste !!! Klaus Ledwig and Jean Louis Schlesser agreed with the change , but then again , both of them never liked LeMans ! Wallace said it was bad cuz he used to left foot his accelerator and give his right foot a rest for 3 miles . Plus it adds to the chance of
mechanical failure cuz of gearbox ware and doesnt do the brakes much good either . There is still accidents there ! Most of the drivers complain of one of the chicanes being way too bumpy on the exit . But , thats their job too

Last edited by The Badger; 19 Feb 2004 at 01:52.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 06:28 (Ref:879021)   #84
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
If you appreciate the Tertre Rouge area, notice that there's a good view from the brand new provisional GS stucked between the last trees at the La Chapelle (or La Forêt) esses : you are able to follow the cars from Dunlop uphill to the Tertre Rouge curve : I followed nice battles here last year !

As last year, I think I'll make myself a gift an pay me a ticket for this one at the last moment, even if I know that I won't use it a lot (too many places to go !).

Don't be to worried about this part of the track, it shouldn't change too much as there's not a lot of possibility of changes. Expect maybe a wider graveltrap at Tertre Rouge and a curve starting earlier (so a shorter straight between La Chapelle and Tertre Rouge itself), and maybe a faster curve to enter the Hunaudières.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 09:00 (Ref:879098)   #85
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The section between the esses and Terte Rouge is my favorite viewing spot too.

Not only are you close enough to see the driver working hard, you can feel the draught and smell the hot brakes and turbos as it goes by in a blast of sound and energy.

Once on the Hunaudieres, you can hear the revs pick up and then hold the same pitch until the first chicane.

The best time to be there, early sunday morning, grab a coffee and enjoy for a couple of hours until it gets busy.

On towards Hunaudieres 95
Old 19 Feb 2004, 11:32 (Ref:879222)   #86
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I kinda like standing on the Dunlop bridge when the 'vettes pass under it. That's real rock and roll! If only they could put a window in the bridge wall...
Old 19 Feb 2004, 12:08 (Ref:879262)   #87
BillandLara
Racer

Oh yessss! A window in the Bridge, you would never get across it we would all be standing on it to watch the race for twenty four hours, I "bags" the bit dead in the middle...
Old 19 Feb 2004, 15:55 (Ref:879445)   #88
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
The best time to be there, early sunday morning, grab a coffee and enjoy for a couple of hours until it gets busy.
And during PQs too, in the morning !!! No crowd, good pics !

Last edited by Fab; 19 Feb 2004 at 15:57.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:14 (Ref:881338)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
All in all , Ive never felt more at home on any other other forum . Its a nice comfy place to be ..... Aysedasi ..... Take my hat off to you and to all the folks who make this a homely forum to be with .

Thank you

Thank you Badger. But its the people who come here and post their comments, views, criticisms, thoughts, conraversial or otherwise that make this forum as good as it is. Real motor racing fans......
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:24 (Ref:881345)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by BillandLara
Oh yessss! A window in the Bridge, you would never get across it we would all be standing on it to watch the race for twenty four hours, I "bags" the bit dead in the middle...

Ah, wouldn't that be great? I remember the bridge over the track up at Druids at Brands Hatch. Used to have a few small holes in it - big enough to get the end of my zoom lens in - lovely! Actually, the end of the Dunlop Bridge nearest the outside is good for this as well - one of those few places where you can get the end of your lens up to and through the fencing.....

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...page2/9620.jpg
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:44 (Ref:881351)   #91
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice shot! Love the way the effect of the head lights have come out!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 21 Feb 2004, 20:20 (Ref:881515)   #92
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Hey ! That's a great shot allright ! Some more to come with the numerical device this year, Ayse !
Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:56 (Ref:881573)   #93
BillandLara
Racer

Knockout photo Ayse, I might just stick that in my album if you will permit...
Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:31 (Ref:881636)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Cheers - feel free

Actually, the lights were filtered for a change - you can get that effect for free during the night.....