Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 16 Dec 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1792101)   #1
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team Canada - Who Should Drive?

I liked the title of 'outflats' thread on GB's drivers so much http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90838, I thought I'd borrow it because I have the same question on the Canadians.

I haven't seen all of the races yet - SPEEDTV has us only to Round 2 so far - but judging by live timing and the odd highlight (and the results), it seems Hinchcliffe is getting more out of the car to this early point in the season. Maybe Sean's still getting warmed-up. Frankly though, I'm hoping to see Hinchcliffe back in the car for the next round, he's been running nearer the front.
Old 16 Dec 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1792148)   #2
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aw heck, let's put the Thrill from West Hill in. That would sure stir things up.
Old 16 Dec 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1792258)   #3
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we have two of the best drivers in the series, and Sean did such a good job last year.
But I tend to agree with L2LO, that Hinchcliffe seems to have that little bit extra and shoud be back in the car for Taupo
Old 17 Dec 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1792842)   #4
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the plan is though Red Bull that McIntosh drive again. Dunno where I got that. Has there been any announcements by the team? While Hinchcliffe was impressive, I didn't follow A1GP last year so I probably haven't seen Sean at his best yet.

Boy, teammate comparisons are a lot easier when the team's got more than one car on the track. Is the data they've collected enough to make that call?
Old 17 Dec 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1793053)   #5
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put Paul Tracy in the car, we need some entertainment in this series!, id love to see paul come and drive for canada, it would be great
Old 18 Dec 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1793522)   #6
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yep, Paul would certainly make it interesting. They'd be asking him to pretty much donate his time I would think and his existing deal probably precludes it so they'd have to get over that somehow.

But I can just see him throwing that car around. In all that traffic and all the grunt work in the steering. The first couple of races'd be a charm huh?
Old 19 Dec 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1794626)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have liked what Hinchcliffe has done and would like to see him in the car for the rest of the year.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1794718)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Likewise DRT. I didn't see the Sentul race last year, but understand that Sean had an exceptional outing in the feature race, so he deserved another run at that circuit, but Hinchcliffe IMO has been the more impressive of the two. Not sure how Sean would take to a back-up role. Unless they're going for pure entertainment value and short of injury or illness, I don't think we need to bring-in a third driver at this point in the season.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1795134)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think McIntosh should be given another couple of outings to see how he performs, he was doing well last time out at Indonesia before the car let go on him. Yes Hinchcliffe seems good too but McIntosh is no slouch, after all he finished 6th overall in the points standings in the World series by Renault in his debut year. Just give him a few more outings to get back on top of things and the results will come again.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1797858)   #10
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran20
Put Paul Tracy in the car, we need some entertainment in this series!, id love to see paul come and drive for canada, it would be great
I'd agree,by his fantastic behaviour in the 06 Champ Car season, yeah, he's just was A1GP needs!

as if!
Old 29 Dec 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1801458)   #11
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was a while ago now, but i remember that the commentators sayiong something about paul tracy driving for canada, my last post was a joke in way and so sorry to upset you stradlin , but maybe not after all. i think its probably all passed over now though.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1801493)   #12
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I first suggested Paul and it was very much as a s--- disturber. It did stir things up on this thread though.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1801824)   #13
Simon Speichert
Rookie

Simon Speichert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hinchcliffe seems to have carried over his enthusiasm from a competitive year in Atlantics to A1. McIntosh had an unfortunate result in Indonesia after racing hard to remain near the top of the field. I am all for keeping Hinch in the car as the experience should hopefully land him in a Champ Car sometime soon!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 04:55 (Ref:1804465)   #14
Peno
Racer

Peno should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that McIntosh hasn't been up to form and that when Canada had Hinch driving they were constantly challenging for victories.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1805065)   #15
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a neutral non-canadian I don't suppose you much care what I think. BUT what the hell! I have to say that I am surprised by the posts about Shaun McIntosh being dropped. I think he has shown real potential. I am not saying that he is the finished article, but he has shown some real glimpses of style.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 13:36 (Ref:1814207)   #16
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Course we want to hear what you think ISPL, thanks for chipping in. Again, I haven't followed Sean much, this season's A1GP only, but I just haven't seen the sparkle that so many others talk about, including yourself it seems. I'm sure there's a lot more there and I just haven't seen it yet.

With just the single car and two drivers, don't know how the team makes those decisions. Is there contractually a number 1 driver? I have no idea.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1843801)   #17
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Kevin Lacroix to Team Canada starting in Durban. Good on ya' Kevin.