Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 27 Feb 2002, 20:02 (Ref:223920)   #1
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV

According to Motorsport News, this French channel will start broadcasting on Sky Digital (channel 429) from 28 February.

Anyone know more - like will it have French or English commentary? How long has the channel been broadcasting in Eurpe?

Their schedules only seem to be available for the next three days, but in among a lot of rubbish they've listed a few things of interest; V8 Supercar review of 2001 (already got the video, but does this mean they cover the series regularly?), DTM review, Chamonix 24 hours, Daytona Busch race and IROC.
Old 27 Feb 2002, 21:06 (Ref:223975)   #2
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um... I look forward to having a gander @ that tomorrow...
Old 1 Mar 2002, 07:25 (Ref:224967)   #3
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmm, I saw it last night. It has mostly French commentary, with English dubbed over on most programmes. Looks quite good though.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 07:59 (Ref:224975)   #4
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It had a familiar look about it - is this the company that used to produce the "Motors" programme for Eurosport? A good test will be to see what sort of job they make of showing the Daytona Busch race tonight (will it be the same edit that Channel 5 had?)
Old 1 Mar 2002, 09:21 (Ref:224993)   #5
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Motors TV is really great - Did u see their F1 preview programme? I reckon thats the best preview of this season I've seen. They did a great job!

Old 1 Mar 2002, 10:07 (Ref:225012)   #6
whitlock
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lancs, uk
whitlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The channel seems quite good. It showed some good highlights of the 2001 Austalian V8 supercar series this morning.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 12:48 (Ref:225099)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks, quite good from what I have heard about it, will they be showing any live motor sport?
Champ Car?
Old 1 Mar 2002, 17:59 (Ref:225240)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
At first glance I thought it looked , but it's improving - and looking through my Sky guide I see DTM, V8 Supercars, and more

Could be quite good.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 20:10 (Ref:225343)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will they be getting full English commentary?
Old 1 Mar 2002, 20:16 (Ref:225350)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I'll tell you when I know - at the minute it's Carlton Kirby - the worst commentator ever (at least JAmes Allen can pronounce the drivers names) - on quite a number of things; but as regards the rest I wouldn't be surprised if they use the commentary from the prodiction. I'll tell you after tonights NASCAR
Old 1 Mar 2002, 20:57 (Ref:225368)   #11
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Carlton Kirby's not brilliant, but Tony Delahunty's worse.

Managed once to mispronounce the majority of the names on a ChampCar grid.

Motors does look suspiciously as though it's the ex-Eurosport Moteur Productions, who used to do the race magazine shows. The editing and graphics look very familiar.

All in all, an unexpected bonus, although I'm not expecting miracles. Just as long as there's not too much Swiss Formula 3 Hillclimbing, and we have more shows like the Ice Racing that was on this afternoon. It never hurts to see a Toyota Yaris being bashed....
Old 2 Mar 2002, 01:16 (Ref:225560)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will tyr and see the Daytona Busch racre tomorrow and the IRSI France, which will lead me to IRSI Canada.
Old 2 Mar 2002, 16:54 (Ref:225933)   #13
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
I like Tony - he's got great enthusiasm. The problem with Carlton is his tone, and he managed to mispronounce all bar Jamie Davies of a F3 grid:
Quote:
Nar-ay-an Car-ti-kay-un
Add to the that the fact the other sport he (I assume used to) commentate on on Eurosprot - Water Polo. If anyone can link the two, please let me know. MArtin Haven commentates on very similar sport (motorsport & Bobsleigh etc).

I managed to watch the Busch race - and it had full NBC commentary - just like Eurosport with the Einston Cup. However, as it's shorter it makes much more sense!
Old 21 Mar 2002, 12:00 (Ref:240781)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been watching Motor TV now for a couple of weeks now and I have notice they do not have very many programs and they must have shown the program about Ligier at least 15 times ! ! !

Come guys can we have new programs please
Old 31 Mar 2002, 11:07 (Ref:247942)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Most of the programs are copied off Eurosport. The IRSI was shown on Eurosport first, as was CART. The Busch series is shown on Channel 5 before its on Motors TV.

Oh btw! Motors TV has changed channel, its now 416.

Last edited by Speedworx; 31 Mar 2002 at 11:08.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 14:22 (Ref:253464)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed the Australian V8s. Great fun...
Old 6 Apr 2002, 14:31 (Ref:253476)   #17
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Channel 5 is my station for Australian V8's.

I only watched the 2001 review on Motors TV.

I might watch the ASCAR preview tho.
Old 7 Apr 2002, 17:47 (Ref:254267)   #18
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
I've got the ASA series recorded ready to watch. But there are a lot of repeats - too many to be honest. Not that I don't like it!