Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 1 Aug 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1978547)   #26
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I never heard anyone say it was a self proclaimed name.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1978549)   #27
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He does,'t learn very fast, does he?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 01:02 (Ref:1978710)   #28
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In retrospect she should have stayed in Atlantic for another year.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1978899)   #29
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
I never heard anyone say it was a self proclaimed name.

Oh yes. Just one part of Dan and his manager's over the top, totally unrealistic hype from a few years ago when his arrogant publicity p****d off an awful lot of people. It's even the address for his poorly maintained website. www.speedydan.com
Old 2 Aug 2007, 10:06 (Ref:1978932)   #30
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Katherine is yet to show how good she can be - her deals with PKV and Dale Coyne happened late so she is always playing catch-up and I don't think she has enough experience to get her car right set-up wise. I think she would be better off as a third driver in a team - then perhaps she can learn from them instead of at DCR, which isn't the most successful of Champ Car teams.

As for Clarke, well he's quick but more often than not in the wall. I don't think he's progressed enough from last year and although he was good last year, he did have a potentially race winning car underneath him and Robert Doornbos, Simon Pagenaud and Neel Jani are proving exactly what rookies can do in Champ Car now...
Old 2 Aug 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1979310)   #31
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces
Legge's an ok driver
Yes she is, I am sure that she could make me look like I was driving a Lada badly.

But "ok" would be good enough for the second seat in a GT race, not a top flight single seater championship.

People whine about "pay drivers", but drivers who masquerade as pro's are even worse IMO.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1992361)   #32
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
Have to say that Dan looked very good in the last race for his second place. I would love him to prove me wrong....but it takes more than one swallow to make a summer.

The TV crew were mocking him slightly because he wears baseball hats with DAN CLARKE written on them.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 21:13 (Ref:1993133)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it's outrageous to wear a cap with your name on it isn't it. No drivers do that!

Dan put in a stellar race last time out have to say. Although he still looked like an accident waiting to happen, but that's Dan.

More!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 18:00 (Ref:1993888)   #34
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Dan put in a stellar race last time out have to say. Although he still looked like an accident waiting to happen, but that's Dan.
I thought it was Billy Bragg?
Old 30 Aug 2007, 17:01 (Ref:2000199)   #35
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
Poor old Dan....he goes from the best finish of his CC career to being banned from the Belgium race. Lets hope Dan can win at Assen....if not, he can hang out at the whacky baccy bars in Amsterdam!!!!!

KL has shown no reason to keep her, she adds nothing to the series....time to move on Kathy!