Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3579276)   #276
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Challenging conditions, yes, but we'd had a nice little run of green there without anyone throwing it at the scenery before they threw the yellow/red. I guess if everyone, including the people who lose championships if it stops, think it should be stopped then that's it. Otherwise, maybe it is premature to call it now?
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:38 (Ref:3579277)   #277
BrentJackson
Racer

Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like Barfield is not calling the race just yet, which I'm happy to hear.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3579278)   #278
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Challenging conditions, yes, but we'd had a nice little run of green there without anyone throwing it at the scenery before they threw the yellow/red. I guess if everyone, including the people who lose championships if it stops, think it should be stopped then that's it. Otherwise, maybe it is premature to call it now?
I expect them to really try to live up to their ten hours, i.e., try and deliver another 90+ minutes (edit: "at the very least") of racing to the fans who made it out to the track.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3579279)   #279
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Beaux Barfield just say they're thinking about an hour? The stream froze on me just as Hindy was asking. If so, see you all in about 60 I guess...
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3579280)   #280
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, BB estimated that the large cell coming might have cleared out in an hour based on how quickly the weather had been moving through when he had been observing it over the course of the day.

Hopefully they can get it running in an hour or so, I'd like to see some more racing before it gets too late on this side of the pond.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3579282)   #281
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that gives a bit of time to watch the end of the Rugby and the WRC highlights before (hopefully) we go back to green.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3579284)   #282
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Well that gives a bit of time to watch the end of the Rugby and the WRC highlights before (hopefully) we go back to green.
.... probably best not to do that, unless you're in the mood for drowning your sorrows.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:52 (Ref:3579287)   #283
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's really coming down again, but has come and gone in spurts. Maybe we'll see if we can get by this next wave and try again. I'd like them to do what they can to get some more racing in as its been a long battle to stay warm and dry for 2 days. Lots of us can't leave til tomorrow so entertain us if it's safe!
Old 3 Oct 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3579288)   #284
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The whole dynamic of GTLM getting involved in the overall battle is what made this race. Between 2:00 and 4:00 pm today it made this actually one of the most exciting races of the whole year. The interclass dynamic is awesome folks. Why the hell should we try to separate the speed gaps between the categories.

Keep P and LMPC where they are at all. You got GTLM getting a boost and GT3 coming in. That would be great stuff.

Over time I've made lots of comments supporting this argument and I was proven right today.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:23 (Ref:3579296)   #285
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just heard they are going to get going again in 15 mins?

Still very moist.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:26 (Ref:3579299)   #286
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The whole dynamic of GTLM getting involved in the overall battle is what made this race. Between 2:00 and 4:00 pm today it made this actually one of the most exciting races of the whole year. The interclass dynamic is awesome folks. Why the hell should we try to separate the speed gaps between the categories.

Keep P and LMPC where they are at all. You got GTLM getting a boost and GT3 coming in. That would be great stuff.

Over time I've made lots of comments supporting this argument and I was proven right today.
Commenters on some of the other sites are tuning in too because of the GT cars leading the race. Ha! It does have the feel of when the original GT1 cars were competitive with LMP/WSC cars. It does seem strange how the two Corvette DP's passed the 911 when it became too wet??? Hmph.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:26 (Ref:3579300)   #287
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks wetter than before and now the cars and drivers are cold. I suspect there will be a yellow by the end of the first green lap.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3579302)   #288
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
An example of how to do brilliant PR work in a racing paddock during this red flag: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvKpNwAEqbJE
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3579303)   #289
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well that particular person has previous for being an excellent communicator who knows how to engage with the fans and make them feel valued
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3579306)   #290
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Well that particular person has previous for being an excellent communicator who knows how to engage with the fans and make them feel valued
Yes indeed. So glad that she's always on top form.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3579307)   #291
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still pouring with rain, i applaud the effort to try and get some more running though.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3579309)   #292
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's to a clean restart, on with the race gents, let's do battle!
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3579310)   #293
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
I think what I applaud, more than anything, is that BB has been lapping in that 998 (in a suit?!) so frequently to check things himself. I'm sure it's a bit of fun for him but he is really getting involved in assessing what the track is like to drive. I don't agree with everything he (or any race director) does, but I am really appreciating his commitment to making this a proper race.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3579312)   #294
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I think what I applaud, more than anything, is that BB has been lapping in that 998 (in a suit?!) so frequently to check things himself. I'm sure it's a bit of fun for him but he is really getting involved in assessing what the track is like to drive. I don't agree with everything he (or any race director) does, but I am really appreciating his commitment to making this a proper race.
BB can get more applause if he allows GTLM to pit on the same lap as the DP cars in future FCY's
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3579314)   #295
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fingers crossed!
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3579315)   #296
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did everyone say was the fairest way about pitting?

Ban pitting on yellow?
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3579316)   #297
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
BB can get more applause if he allows GTLM to pit on the same lap as the DP cars in future FCY's
In this instance I definitely agree with you. I am not sure how important it is in a normal dry race but they deserve a fair shot at overall honours here.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3579317)   #298
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Im pleasantly surprised by how few LMPC cars have caused yellows given the conditions.

As soon as i say that #54 crashes, yellow flag.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3579318)   #299
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Looks like Nick Tandy is picking up exactly where he left off.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3579319)   #300
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tandy - best GT driver in the world right now? Who just happened to win Le Mans outright. Ridiculous talent