Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Sep 2002, 13:39 (Ref:389786)   #1
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos from Le Mans Classic

Well we all had a great time and I for one took far too many photos. I've posted some of them at...

http://www.pbase.com/smarjoram/root&page=2

Hope you like them - Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
dscn8654ss.jpg  
Old 27 Sep 2002, 14:15 (Ref:389814)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stefan, I've just spent half an hour captivated by your gallery. Those images are simply exquisite.

Especially the GTO in the moonlight. Any chance of commissioning a large-size print of that? It deserves to be on peoples' walls. Exceptional picture.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 14:21 (Ref:389826)   #3
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you liked them - there were plenty of good subjects to take photos of.

I've got a posh printer here at work and some lovely proofing paper too - I'll try printing one out. If it's any good you can have one. Maybe I should do a limited run.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 14:22 (Ref:389828)   #4
the18racer
Rookie

the18racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pics, Stefan. Would you happen to have any of yours truly in the no. 14 D-Type at night, or in the no. 15 Lotus?
Old 27 Sep 2002, 14:31 (Ref:389839)   #5
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant Stefan. Wonderful quality and a joy to look at.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 14:49 (Ref:389861)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what are they shot on stefan...is it chrome?
Old 27 Sep 2002, 15:06 (Ref:389876)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A beautiful collection of pics, Stefan, particularly the night shots. You have an artist's eye, I think. Even one or two taken standing next to yours truly, I suspect?
Old 27 Sep 2002, 15:08 (Ref:389880)   #8
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More pictures : http://j.chabbert.free.fr/lemans_clas2/page_04.htm
Old 27 Sep 2002, 16:33 (Ref:389967)   #9
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
Thanks for all the compliments. I took them on my nikon digital camera (coolpix990). You can get some nice images out of it but you can't blow them up too large - especially the night ones - they tend to get a nasty video style noise.

Can't seem to find any of 14 and 15. I went to the paddock several times but there was never anyone there - obviously too busy celebrating your qualifying performance I did get one of Stoffer's brothers car - was he driving at the time?
Attached Thumbnails
dscn8634s.jpg  
Old 27 Sep 2002, 16:54 (Ref:389986)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, if there's a bandwagon to jump on......

My shots aren't as beautifully artistic as Stefans, but if anyone wants to take a look, I've got my first gallery up. Usual place or click on my "house"! (I'm not supposed to advertise my site!!).
Old 27 Sep 2002, 16:55 (Ref:389989)   #11
the18racer
Rookie

I'm not sure whether that's Whizzo or Willie in the car there. My little Eleven did go well, didn't it? That qualifying lap was my first flyer- I just followed Julian Bronson because he seemed to know which way the circuit went.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 17:00 (Ref:389992)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by the18racer
I'm not sure whether that's Whizzo or Willie in the car there. My little Eleven did go well, didn't it? That qualifying lap was my first flyer- I just followed Julian Bronson because he seemed to know which way the circuit went.

Definitely Willie. It's in the race (the first race for Plateau 3) and poor Whizzo didn't get a run "in anger", so to speak.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 17:07 (Ref:389997)   #13
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good stuff stefan. we tried digital for the first time this year and the best results came at night...don't ask me why.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 17:08 (Ref:389998)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK. Let's put one poor guy out of his misery.

Guess who?
Attached Thumbnails
18-d.jpg  
Old 27 Sep 2002, 17:14 (Ref:390004)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Guys, I'm happy that I posted before you, now my pics are good for the garbage...

Stefan and Ayse, absoloutely wonderful pictures... this event was really special... even more special than the "june race", I guess... we waited for it so much... and there was so much to see !!!

Can't wait for the next...

If I was in UK, I'll arange a meeting somewhere... to feat the event !
Old 27 Sep 2002, 17:43 (Ref:390033)   #16
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb pictures all of them, thanks very much for sharing.
Old 28 Sep 2002, 08:30 (Ref:390404)   #17
the18racer
Rookie

Nice one, Ayse. I was beginning to think that I'd dreamed the whole thing....
Old 28 Sep 2002, 09:01 (Ref:390417)   #18
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
18 racer,good morning!You might have noticed that there is a nice shot of Andrew in the D type on Monsieur Chabbert's site on page 2. I haven't got time to search thoroughly - family rules apply today - but the site is quite big and there may be other shots of interest to you. Not quite up to Stephan's standard though!
Old 28 Sep 2002, 10:21 (Ref:390453)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Ayse, wonderful stuff, great job !

Love the shots from the side of the track... I'm afraid I won't take any one day... when I'm rich, I'll aford the pitwalk for the june race...
Old 28 Sep 2002, 10:58 (Ref:390474)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Ayse, wonderful stuff, great job !

Love the shots from the side of the track... I'm afraid I won't take any one day... when I'm rich, I'll aford the pitwalk for the june race...
Merci bien, mon ami.

More to come later this weekend, perhaps.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 03:23 (Ref:390854)   #21
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stefan,Josvandeperre and Aysedasi thanks for being "our" roving photographers at the LeMans classic. All the photos are excellant and THANKS for sharing them with us.
Good work.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 08:57 (Ref:390947)   #22
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please note I take NO credit for any photos - the website I posted belongs to a frenchman via the local 911 club and was pointed out on the excellent 917 forum site
Old 30 Sep 2002, 05:01 (Ref:391764)   #23
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Josvandeperre
You linked the site to this forum. Thanks.