Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 11 Mar 2002, 01:13 (Ref:232543)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantasy Champ Car Grid Points: Monterrey

STANDINGS AFTER MONTERREY:

1. ILP Racing 46
2. DBR Racing 41
-- Team Vince 41
-- Team G Strings & Tassles 41
-- Samba Boyz 41
-- Mon-Toyota Racing 41
-- EMS Racing 41
-- Crusta Racing 41
3. Team Hertford 32
-- Team Domaza 32
-- Last Minute Racing 32
-- Firestorm Racing 32
4. Team of Audacious Brazilians 27
5. Senna12 Racing 26
-- Madcow Racing 26
6. Omar's Doomed Warriors 24
7. Team GoFaster 21
-- Team Aggression Maximisation 21
-- Seven Grain Motorsports 21
-- Mud Hut Racing 21
8. Karma Racing 20
-- EuroJADS Racing 20
9. Crooks Motorsport 19
10. Team Tanalized Timber 18
11. Team Hustler Magazine 16
--- PaulWontCrash 16
--- Hesketh Racing 16
12. Team Wrex 15
--- Team Bastrad Racing 15
--- Team BAM Sports 15
--- Revcounter Racing 15
--- Maple City Racing 15
13. Team Phishheads 10
14. Pineapple Racing 4
13. Dawn Racing -8

============

Adrian Fernandez earned 2 points for both Pole Positions.
Jimmy Vasser was the first man out.

Dawn Racing earnes the Wooden Spoon for having all its drivers crash, and one of them being the first man out, but escaped ignominity by having only two of the three actually hit one another!

Spreadsheets available upon request. Any questions?

* Crooks Motorsport edited by Crash Test

Last edited by Crash Test; 12 Mar 2002 at 02:06.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 08:11 (Ref:232640)   #2
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im 9th!!!!!yay

sorry liz but my team is Crooks Motorsport, not Crooks Racing

cheers

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 11 Mar 2002, 08:32 (Ref:232648)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DBR Team Int.

PRESS RELEASE
11/3/02

Cristiano take first time victory for DBR Team Int.

Cristiano da Matta put in a brilliant driving display in the James B. Beam Reynard-Honda to take a sensational first time victory for DBR Team Int. at the Mexican GP of Monterrey on Sunday. Cristiano took home 20 points for the win and one point for leading the most laps, and after victories at the season ending Australian and California races in 2001, now has three wins in a row, and 5 career victories.

The team are also proud of the efforts of the teams other two drivers, Patrick Carpentier and Oriol Servia, who finished 7th (PC) and 10th (OS) respectively, making this a great day for the team.

Sumjurc Ramdmicar
Press Officer
Old 11 Mar 2002, 09:53 (Ref:232700)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hesketh Racing - Press Release

Hesketh Racing are proud to announce that they have signed a third driver for the remainder of the season.

Patrick Carpentier has joined the team on a whim because "I felt as though I needed to join a team with such a vast and rich history in motorracing".

Pedro Lamy
Press Officer
Old 11 Mar 2002, 10:47 (Ref:232725)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
********************PRESS RELEASE************************
Team G-strings and Tassles

Equal second. Its party time tonight

Edwardo Bullpitto

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 11 Mar 2002, 12:00 (Ref:232749)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PAULWONTCRASH Press release

16 points is rather pathetic, but considering we forgot to pump the tires up, and fill the car with gas prior to the race, it is a good result.

This press release has been printed on 100% recycled toilet paper
Old 11 Mar 2002, 12:54 (Ref:232779)   #7
StuiE
Veteran

Crooks Motorsport press release should be out tomorrow cos Stu hasnt seen the race yet and it is shown tonight

05 - Peter Brock
Old 11 Mar 2002, 16:08 (Ref:232873)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
****SAMBA BOYZ PRESS RELEASE****

Team owner paulzinho is pleased with the solid start shown by 2 of his drivers but as yet is unaware of the third having not seen the race. There will be plenty of Sambaing in the pit garage with pit babes Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd.

Samba Boyz are refusing to comment on allegations that we are unhappy with our supply of Honda engines.

Carlos
Press Officer
Old 11 Mar 2002, 16:16 (Ref:232879)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Crooks Motorsport -- I've altered it on the original list and it will be correct next race. [I tried editing and it says my 10 minutes are up.]
Old 11 Mar 2002, 17:31 (Ref:232919)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Well, it seems that MAPLE CITY RACING's lead in the championship standings was short-lived, afterall. Adrian's two points were quickly negated when Vasser went out on the first lap of the race! The team is currently investigating whether or not he may have broken our "3-beer limit" rule. But we are very pleased with our front-row start, and Dario's podium.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 19:52 (Ref:233011)   #11
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woohoo, just off the bottom

I only like it if I'm on top, or on the very bottom
Old 11 Mar 2002, 20:18 (Ref:233045)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firestorm racing are pleased to be equal third after the first race.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 00:40 (Ref:233228)   #13
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PINEAPPLE RACING DISLIKE MEXICO!

Pineapple Racing had a bad start to the 2002 CART series in Monterrey, Mexico, with drivers Oriol Servia and Tony Kanaan having very tough days at the office.

Oriol Servia, who started 11th, drove a hard race for 10th place, and 3 points. Servia had very good car speed, but unfortunately had problems with traffic throughout the race.

"I've had it with idiots! We had one of the fastest cars out there, but there were idiots out there who drove like idiots! I've never been so frustrated in my life! Where's that Takagi idiot!?" And with this, the Catalonian left in search of the Walker Racing "driver".

Tony Kanaan, made a good start to the race, moving from 13th to 9th by the end of the first lap. Unfortunately, during the early stages of the race, Tony suffered discomfort with the positioning of his nose inside his helmet. His car was also misfiring, and Tony was required to make a long pitstop to remedy these problems.

"When I place my helmet on my head, it is quite a delicate operation, otherwise my nose will not fit inside the helmet. Unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush this afternoon, due to a late fluid evacuation and obviously didn't get it right, because it hurt like a hard kick in the groin .... except in the face," Kanaan explained.

Due to the combined nasal and electronics stop, the Brazilian lost 2 laps to the leaders. However, he was still able to complete fast lap times. On lap 77, while attempting to pass Takagi at turn 1, the two made contact, finishing Kanaan's race.

"What is it with that idiot? I was so much faster than him and sat behind him for a good 20 laps. And he was just so slow. I had a chance to pass him at turn 1, and he closed the door. I wasn't racing him, I was 2 laps down for ****'s sake! Why he didn't just let me through is like something off the X-Files! Where is that Takagi idiot!?" And with this, Kanaan joined his teammate in search of their old pal Tora.

Pineapple Racing were very disappointed to be leaving Monterrey in 2nd last place, but look forward to the next race at Long Beach in 5 weeks time.

P. Dribbler
Chief Media Liason Officer
Pineapple Racing
Old 12 Mar 2002, 05:39 (Ref:233315)   #14
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
senna12 racing

The team is actually pleasantly surprised with it's current placing after round 1. Expectations had sunk when seeing Paul at the back of the grid, and after Townsend Bell decided to spear Kenny on lap 1. And if Paul's contrary fuel strategy had worked out, more points could have been had. The performance of alleged reserve driver Alex Tagliani was duly noted, the young Canadian staking an early claim to a quick substitution this season
So overall, kudos to everyone, and on to Long Beach...

Last edited by senna12; 12 Mar 2002 at 05:42.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 17:00 (Ref:233645)   #15
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*****TEAM VINCE NEWS*****

Boss Vince Invincible is absoloutly over the moon with the impressive start to the season after the first round at Monterrey, the family run team who entered at the last minute finished joint 2nd in the standins after round 1 in Mexico.

Invincible stated "I can't believe it!"

So as Team Vince prepare to cross the border back to the land of the free, they hope to repeat their solid start at Long Beach in California.

Roll on Long Beach!

[Team Vince news, for immeadiate release 12-03-02]
Old 12 Mar 2002, 18:31 (Ref:233701)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MON-TOYOTA RACING PRESS RELEASE

There was heavy cheap-cider-induced partying in the Mon-Toyota camp on Sunday night, as Cristiano Da Matta stormed to a sensational victory on the team's debut. Da Matta saud "This is a great result, I am very happy, I think we can be a force in the championship for this year". The overjoyed team boss Mart Martin said "I'm delighted for the entire team, this result shows the potency of our package, and our efforts should continue like this for the duration of the season"

Numebr 2 driver Scott Dixon also ahd a successful afternoon, finishing in sixth place. The New Zealander said "what kind of name is PWR anyway? Poor Wind Resistance more like!"
Old 12 Mar 2002, 19:57 (Ref:233778)   #17
Craginn
Rookie

Craginn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Liz where is Fry Cook Motorsports!!??
We announced our participation on Feb. 10 and announed our lineup 1 day later.

Adrian Fernandez
Townsend Bell

I know our team didnt do well,but thats no reason to not include us

Joey Apontes
Team Manager
Old 13 Mar 2002, 05:12 (Ref:234006)   #18
Napier
Rookie

Napier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eeeeerm is this the right place or do I hear a little bitternes in places.
Of course I dont expect any replies to this but if anyone feels like a get together at the Long Beach GP. Could be a good day.
Attached Thumbnails
gp11.jpg  
Old 13 Mar 2002, 09:17 (Ref:234076)   #19
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
REVCOUNTER RACING : DRIVERS - SCOTT DIXON & JIMMY VASSER

silly mistake townshend bell - good start scotty dixon, badluck jimmy
Old 13 Mar 2002, 10:16 (Ref:234102)   #20
StuiE
Veteran

The long awaited Crooks Motorsport Press Release is here (I know u luv it )
Attached Thumbnails
press release, cart fantasy racing, monterrey.jpg  

Last edited by StuiE; 13 Mar 2002 at 10:20.

05 - Peter Brock
Old 13 Mar 2002, 12:25 (Ref:234175)   #21
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

"ILP Racing update"

After claiming the lead after the first round of the CART championship in Monterray, team owner Colpitts said "It was a great drive by both drivers. The team did a great job setting up the cars and everyone deserves a round of applause for their efforts."

How on earth did I win that? Not bad for the rookie!
Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:05 (Ref:234204)   #22
StuiE
Veteran

Crooks Motorsport press release
re released!
Attached Thumbnails
press release, cart fantasy racing, monterrey.jpg  

05 - Peter Brock
Old 18 Mar 2002, 16:59 (Ref:238504)   #23
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
euroJADS Racing news

Our team manager was absent from Monterrey. Having finally seen the 'wonderful one hour highlights package' offered to viewers in this part of the world, here are his comments on his drivers.

Dario - "The lad done well. I'm over the moon."
Kenny - "We was robbed mate, robbed in broad daylight. I'm sick as a parrot."
Oriol - "Dunno what t' say. What 'appened to 'im? One minute he's in fifth, and then after the adverts he's, like, nowhere t' be seen. Did that Derek Bell or whatever 'is name is 'ave a go at Oriol 'n'all?"
Old 18 Mar 2002, 20:26 (Ref:238673)   #24
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Our team managerhas been unable to view the race and is not very happy about it. In fact he's not very happy at all.

Carlos

Press Officer
Old 20 Mar 2002, 04:05 (Ref:239877)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Fry Cook, you are 14th with 2 points. Sorry I accidentally left you off the list! That of course makes Dawn Racing No. 16, which may be adding insult to injury I guess ...