Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3997322)   #151
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
God the BTCC facebook page is even more toxic than usual after that race. Apparently Hamilton has crashed in every single race this season....
Yeah, that one wasn't Nic or Brown's fault. But still, HARD have been involved in so many incidents this year, and with a fair few car issues. Would be very surprised if they weren't stripped of a couple TBLs this winter...
Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3997323)   #152
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Well Oliphant got screwed over there, assuming they were planning to swap the positions back 😂
It looks like Oliphant had a problem with his car. BMW's don't normally have indicators!
Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3997325)   #153
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah, that one wasn't Nic or Brown's fault. But still, HARD have been involved in so many incidents this year, and with a fair few car issues. Would be very surprised if they weren't stripped of a couple TBLs this winter...
I didn't realise part of the TBL criteria was based on avoiding accidents?

In seriousness, fielding 4 cars that typically run in the lower half of the field means that your team is likely to be involved in more incidents than others.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3997326)   #154
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great to see Morgan get his first win. Hopefully he can keep up the form at Croft next week.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3997327)   #155
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I didn't realise part of the TBL criteria was based on avoiding accidents?

In seriousness, fielding 4 cars that typically run in the lower half of the field means that your team is likely to be involved in more incidents than others.
I'm sure there's a judgement on having a competitive entry, certainly there are teams in recent years to lose TBLs for that reason.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:49 (Ref:3997328)   #156
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with 1/3 of season done

Turks 123
Sutton 109
Butcher 92
Cammish 91
Tingram 89
Oliphant 84
Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:53 (Ref:3997329)   #157
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Great to see Morgan get his first win. Hopefully he can keep up the form at Croft next week.
If he turns up at Croft he'll find little contest...

Quote:
I'm sure there's a judgement on having a competitive entry, certainly there are teams in recent years to lose TBLs for that reason.
I wasn't aware of that - which teams?
Old 23 Aug 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3997331)   #158
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
God the BTCC facebook page is even more toxic than usual after that race. Apparently Hamilton has crashed in every single race this season....
To crash in every race you have to at least be there ....
Old 23 Aug 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3997332)   #159
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
with 1/3 of season done

Turks 123
Sutton 109
Butcher 92
Cammish 91
Tingram 89
Oliphant 84
Turkington 144
Sutton 122
Butcher 100
Oliphant 99
Cammish 92
Old 23 Aug 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3997333)   #160
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Turkington 141
Sutton 122
Butcher 100
Oliphant 99
Cammish 92
Tingram 89
fixed that for you

we can safely say this is game over for any BTC Racing title challange
Old 23 Aug 2020, 18:25 (Ref:3997341)   #161
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
we can safely say this is game over for any BTC Racing title challange
All efforts are focused on the Jack Sears....
Old 23 Aug 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3997404)   #162
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sure about that? It's generally only for financial reasons that TBLs change hands
Old 24 Aug 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3997553)   #163
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a great day of racing. Drivers drove well despite the conditions

Cook drove brilliantly, but it seems BTC Racing can't catch a break atm. Even his recovery drive is race two was ended by a collison with his team mate. Still Butcher will be happy to get some luck after what happened at Brands.

Sutton once again proved really good in wet conditions and is still Colin's main challenger. Turkington once again picks up points and good team work by WSR in race 3. Oliphant is looking very good at the moment, which can only help the team get the points they need for the manufacturers title

Shame what happened to Neal on his milestone weekend. He outqualified Cammish fair and square and was left with only a few points due to various things going wrong. Cammish has really dropped back in the championship, he really seemed to be hung out to dry on the first lap of race 3

Glad Morgan won, he's been flying a bit under the radar this season and has been quietly picking up points. Shame the race ended early so we couldn't see if he could have held on, but he deserved the win

Glad Hill got a podium, finally the team get a result. Bobby Thompson made a good recovery from last on the grid in R1, but what a shame he really threw away the R3 pole. Jelley really seemed off the pace this weekend, which is a mystery after he won here last season. Shame about the R3 accident, just glad everyone is ok, unfortunate though that Nic will have to miss Oulton, but with back to back events it's a good job it's only one missing the next event. Bushell was a bit of a disappointment, let's see what he can do at Knockhill
Old 24 Aug 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3997579)   #164
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What a great day of racing. Drivers drove well despite the conditions

Cook drove brilliantly, but it seems BTC Racing can't catch a break atm. Even his recovery drive is race two was ended by a collison with his team mate. Still Butcher will be happy to get some luck after what happened at Brands.

Sutton once again proved really good in wet conditions and is still Colin's main challenger. Turkington once again picks up points and good team work by WSR in race 3. Oliphant is looking very good at the moment, which can only help the team get the points they need for the manufacturers title

Shame what happened to Neal on his milestone weekend. He outqualified Cammish fair and square and was left with only a few points due to various things going wrong. Cammish has really dropped back in the championship, he really seemed to be hung out to dry on the first lap of race 3

Glad Morgan won, he's been flying a bit under the radar this season and has been quietly picking up points. Shame the race ended early so we couldn't see if he could have held on, but he deserved the win

Glad Hill got a podium, finally the team get a result. Bobby Thompson made a good recovery from last on the grid in R1, but what a shame he really threw away the R3 pole. Jelley really seemed off the pace this weekend, which is a mystery after he won here last season. Shame about the R3 accident, just glad everyone is ok, unfortunate though that Nic will have to miss Oulton, but with back to back events it's a good job it's only one missing the next event. Bushell was a bit of a disappointment, let's see what he can do at Knockhill
Why will Hamilton miss Knockhill?
I thought HARD have 4 CC's?
Old 24 Aug 2020, 10:17 (Ref:3997583)   #165
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Because he said in an interview that he will due to too much damage. And Idk if they still have a 4th VW, but if they do, it wouldn’t surprise me given the time constraints that they wouldn’t be able to get it ready in time
Old 24 Aug 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3997591)   #166
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
I thought HARD have 4 CC's?
RML 131 004/14 was used by Goff last season, but is reported as having extensive damage from R29 of last season. There is no indication that this was repaired - with Goff moving to the car that Crees was running in 2020.

Quote:
Because he said in an interview that he will due to too much damage. And Idk if they still have a 4th VW, but if they do, it wouldn’t surprise me given the time constraints that they wouldn’t be able to get it ready in time
The team have indicated that they are optimistic that he will be able to run at Knockhill. It's not a certain that he will be missing yet. His comments were probably tinged with the disappointment of having crashed out, and won't have been made with the full details of the extent of the damage being known.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3997601)   #167
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
4th VW was repaired, however that doesn't mean that it is currently in a usable state. There's a chance it hasn't been touched since they realised Boardley was buying the BMW and that it wouldn't be required. If it's still fully stripped then that's a good few days work to re-assemble even if they were back at team HQ. Trying to do that from the back of the truck is a lot more difficult.

If Hamiton's car is bent then it will need to be stripped before sending to Willie Poole to straighten, and then re-assembled. Again, that's a lot of work to do in 5 days even if they were in their own workshop.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3997604)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

Exactly, I’m sure they will give it a good go to make sure it is ready for Knockhill, but they are up against it timewise and it will probably require a lot of man power. I think we shouldn’t get our hopes up, that’s probably why Nic said he wouldn’t race at Knockhill
Old 24 Aug 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3997614)   #169
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Official line from HARD at 1000hrs today was that they are working on getting all 3 CCs out at Knockhill, but it is a race against the clock.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 13:50 (Ref:3997639)   #170
porsche962fan
Veteran

WSR on the other hand have 1 complete car ready to go, (ex AJ) so they don't need to worry about a major accident

any status on Jelley's 125 ? cos it looked to have some severe damage too
Old 24 Aug 2020, 15:17 (Ref:3997655)   #171
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Exactly, I’m sure they will give it a good go to make sure it is ready for Knockhill, but they are up against it timewise and it will probably require a lot of man power. I think we shouldn’t get our hopes up, that’s probably why Nic said he wouldn’t race at Knockhill
In his interview yesterday at the end of ITV4's coverage he said he may not be racing at Knockhill, it wasn't a definite no.

Team Hard could do with some different cars anyway, if only there was a team with some spare cars.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3997665)   #172
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I if only there was a team with some spare cars.
Motorbase still has those old Foci ?
Old 24 Aug 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3997666)   #173
S griffin
Veteran

The problem is though, I think drivers are only allowed of change of car model per season
Old 24 Aug 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3997673)   #174
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
The problem is though, I think drivers are only allowed of change of car model per season
If that is the case, I would expect it to be under normal conditions, but allowances are already being made as current conditions are no longer normal. Moffat after all switched from the Merc to the Infiniti just last year.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3997707)   #175
S griffin
Veteran

But Moffat changed just once. I think you are no longer eligible for points if you change again