Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2004, 04:02 (Ref:980725)   #1
Pierre
Rookie

Pierre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault,,,,,Their really is no stopping them now......

Renault,, where to now, aren't they on a streak of brilliance , especially in their pitstops....Come on, show your true capabilities on and off the circuit.........YES I AM VERY BIASED ON THIS ONE....
Old 24 May 2004, 06:01 (Ref:980787)   #2
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha
Well honestly they have a ways to go but i must admit they are going surprisingly well on a variety of circuits.
According to their tech director they have a tricky to set up car compared to last years (poss. reason for alonso's relative pace compared to trulli?)

I get the vague imression that they allready are getting the best ,or very nearly so,out of the car.
Where last years' had a slow engine and awsome handling,this one is more normal.....another way of looking at that is to say that they'll have to make improvements to ALL aspects of the car to imrove much further.
I wish them the best-it good to see them do well
Old 24 May 2004, 07:16 (Ref:980828)   #3
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno. I have to say I am very impressed with Renault´s showing this weekend. Of course Monaco was already said to be suiting the Renaults, but doing a 13.985 in qualifying on a relatively heavy fuelload is somewhat amazing. Having said that, narrow, twisty tracks seem to suit the Renaults anyway. Let´s not forget that Alonso washed away the field -including lapping one M. Schumacher- at Hungary last year, whereas on other tracks the Renaults look more mediocre. On that respect I see more potential in the B*A*R´s who do seem to be able to put something together on any track. Like Ferrari, but than not as quick on racepace.
Old 24 May 2004, 08:39 (Ref:980906)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They've been brilliant at certain races this season but seem to lack consistency in being at the right end of the field, i believe that Renault have to back it up this weekend to convince me that they're a force to be reckoned with.
Old 24 May 2004, 10:20 (Ref:980997)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a ridiculous post. This is the first time they've had both cars running ahead of Rubens, let alone Michael. Although they've got a brilliant car, and the two things which were expected to cost them (the loss of Mike Gascoyne and the loss of Launch Control) haven't hindered them, tehy're still a distant 2nd at best. Monaco isn't an accurate performance measure anyway.
Old 24 May 2004, 10:27 (Ref:981006)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i agree (renault about to challenge) .... i think we will see both renault & honda return to there powers of the late 80's & early 90's - which will be refreshing
Old 24 May 2004, 10:38 (Ref:981026)   #7
Pierre
Rookie

As i said i am very on this one.
Old 24 May 2004, 10:52 (Ref:981050)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pierre, you can be rihtly proud of Renault's achievements - thay've made steady progress in recent seasons, and at the moment, with two drivers going well, they're a well deserved second in the manufacturers' table. Trulli strikes me as a confidence driver - can't remember who it was, but one of the 'old guard' said if Jarno wins one GP he'll win 10.
So well done Renault and well done Jarno!

I have to admit a vested interest in some ways - you see I'm a great sympathiser with Ferrari's eternal search for a star Italian driver... maybe somewhat late in his career Trulli is emerging as a possibility?
Old 24 May 2004, 11:04 (Ref:981065)   #9
Pierre
Rookie

The reason i am so biased is because i DRIVE A NEW 2002 RENAULT and they are trying re establish them selves after a 30 year absense,, and hopefully this may help them along this track....
Old 24 May 2004, 11:08 (Ref:981071)   #10
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pierre, that shows an even greater love for Renault F1 than I thought - if I drove a Renault everyday I'm pretty sure it'd put me off them for life...!
Old 25 May 2004, 02:23 (Ref:982098)   #11
Pierre
Rookie

well as the motorist down under is fed and sold a lot of rubbish from this side of the world it is now a relief to be able to afford to purchase and drive EUROPEAN cars be RENAULT or other brands from up there....
Old 25 May 2004, 03:17 (Ref:982131)   #12
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of good performances does not a Championship make.
Old 25 May 2004, 16:51 (Ref:982743)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least Renault are making progress....initially they dissapointed me (bar Australia) but they seem to be moving forward race by race. A bit late for a championship charge? Maybe, but some said that about Williams after Monaco last year!
Old 25 May 2004, 16:59 (Ref:982752)   #14
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But while Williams was struggling last year, they kept saying 'we will be challenging Ferrari when we get the car sorted', and they did. Renault (and BAR) are saying 'we will be fighting for P2', stating (publicly, at any rate) that they cannot catch Ferrari this year, but they hope to solidify second in the WCC and go after them next year...
Old 25 May 2004, 17:33 (Ref:982793)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, but Williams also had the threat of BMW leaving them so they had to make positive noises.
Old 25 May 2004, 18:37 (Ref:982848)   #16
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Renault. It was a dominant performance. Monaco is a slightly different track to any other on the calendar, so I'd like to see their performances at all the other tracks in order to proclaim their brilliance.

They're looking good so far, though.