Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 2004, 00:47 (Ref:936164)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lowndes to WPS?

Noise around and about suggests that Mr C.Lowndes has been in dialog with Mr C.Gore of Wright Patton Shakespeare Financial Planning fame in recent times about a move to that team in the immediate future.

It seems there is noise about a possible merger of this operation with another one (read: takeover ) also residing somewhere in the proximity of say, oh I dont know, say Stayplton, for a 2 car WPS-sponsored effort in 2005.

Interesting times, but would Craig make the move?
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 11 Apr 2004, 01:15 (Ref:936170)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting to say the least , I dunno if it would be a good move or a bad move and if WPS can get runs on the board while FPR are struggling then he would have to seriously consider it wouldnt he.

Timne will tell I guess.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 02:36 (Ref:936191)   #3
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume this is the bright yellow team GTR, whos talking of taking over whom, I don't imagine its yellow taking black?
Old 11 Apr 2004, 03:03 (Ref:936193)   #4
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that would be a mistake, I have serious concerns about the long term viability of the WPS team
Old 11 Apr 2004, 03:05 (Ref:936194)   #5
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A DJR and WPS merger/joint venture/sponsor replacement for one of the teams??

Can the Atkinson Gore Group spread it's finances that far? Mind you, a carrot like Craig may well bring more to the table in sponsors as the guy is a magnet.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 03:44 (Ref:936210)   #6
Frosty
Rookie

Frosty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when will craig figure it out? wait till sbr expand to 3 cars next year and go there!!
Old 11 Apr 2004, 04:25 (Ref:936215)   #7
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Frosty
when will craig figure it out? wait till sbr expand to 3 cars next year and go there!!
Got to agree, A move to DJR or WPS would not gain him a faster car...could even be slower..Wait for a Stone Bros car Craig.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 10:33 (Ref:936369)   #8
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Frosty
Frosty is right

the ONLY team worthy of Craig Lowndes enormous talent is Stone Brothers Racing, the only consitent Ford team for the sports best driver!!!

Last edited by Grimace; 11 Apr 2004 at 10:33.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 10:34 (Ref:936371)   #9
Rookie

17187181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR do you mean a 3 or 4 car team as hasnt WPS purchased the PWR level 2 franchise. So a 3 car joint venture in V8 Supercars and a 2 car Konica Minolta team who are the drivers i thought there was a strong rumour lowndes to DJR any way
Old 11 Apr 2004, 21:37 (Ref:936767)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not purchased, rather borrowed the L2 franchise...

And there will be no reason to run a Konica team next season when the BAs are allowed in... and the AUs are superseded virtually overnight
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 11 Apr 2004, 22:47 (Ref:936812)   #11
Rookie

Wont there be excess BAs lying around as im sure that new ones will be built and also isnt the fujitsu deal long tearm also what are the chances of Lowndes popping up there
Old 11 Apr 2004, 23:06 (Ref:936828)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Noise around the traps suggests the Fujitsu deal on its own does not cover the cost of the Konica program.... dont be surprised if that brand becomes more significant on the main series cars in the future...

Theoretically the leightweight parts are outlawed from next season anyway, such that the prodigious power seen in the DJR Konica cars will come back to the field to some extent
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:05 (Ref:936870)   #13
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still believe Lowndes will stay put for 2005 and will not move again untill 2006 if FPR is still below par. Mark my words, FPR is on the way up!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:22 (Ref:936880)   #14
Rookie

I still think if Lowndes moves it will be to DJR maybe he is all DJR need to compete at the front again some one who can get the best out of the car
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:34 (Ref:936892)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well depending on which variation of the story you believe, the discussion has centred on a 2004 move....
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:37 (Ref:936895)   #16
Rookie

So is it Luff or Junior that are going to step aside
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:46 (Ref:936898)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interestingly, I believe a couple of teams have taken approaches from a management team whose client is a "son of a gun"....
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:57 (Ref:936904)   #18
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It might do the career of the son of a gun good to take another drive in another team. He doesn't seem to be going that well where he is and he can drive.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:00 (Ref:936905)   #19
Rookie

So it all starts to fit in a friend overheard someone say to a FPR employee out the back of the pits when are you getting rid of all the merchandise with Lowndes name on it to which he replied with a big smile on his face laughter
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:04 (Ref:936906)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This whole sport is a jigsaw puzzle... sometimes the pieces fit exactly, sometimes they borrow the knockometer to back pieces into place...

About the only thing FPR would need to secure would be someone who could spin as much merchandise movement from such mediocre results as C.Lowndes
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:13 (Ref:936909)   #21
Rookie

GTR 2004 has still got 8 months in it are we talking early or late 2004 and is the talk still around about Crompton doing the endurance races with DJR as another forum is throwing up DJ coming back to drive in the endurance races. I t would be a good combination Lowndes and Crompton
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:17 (Ref:936913)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There was never anything wrong with Lowndes/Seton as a driving combination....
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:27 (Ref:936919)   #23
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR whisper whisper whisper.....word from a QLD team is that merchandise prototypes are already up for.

Would it be Purposeful or Silly.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:37 (Ref:936926)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Purposeful... question of course as to whether CL gets reunited with his old 00 equipment or moves stright into the current red and yellow thing....
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:44 (Ref:936930)   #25
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its only a coat of paint GTR, remember that. how would they fir the word catapillar on as well its a big word
Closed Thread