Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1795480)   #1
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fujitsu V8's and Carrera Cup on TV in 2007

I was wondering whether or not the FV8SS or the Carrera Cup will have a TV package next year, and what channel it will be on. If anyone could help me on this topic, it would be appreciated.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1795485)   #2
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13
I was wondering whether or not the FV8SS or the Carrera Cup will have a TV package next year, and what channel it will be on. If anyone could help me on this topic, it would be appreciated.
Fujitsu V8s are part of the Channel 7 package with the main game so are well looked after. Everybody else has to negotiate themselves. Carrera Cup has new owners so unless something was in place before thee change then there's probably no announcment until the new year, but try cupcar.com.au for more details there.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1795661)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on sunday's Carrera cup telecast on #10 Mark Howard said "see you next time" whether that means anything i don't know.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1795699)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nothing against Mark Howard but that comment doesnt hold much weight.

I am sure CC will figure somewhere in the 7 family.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 02:49 (Ref:1796397)   #5
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
This should aswer your question about if the V8DC will be shown on TV next year.

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content...lecasts/?ind=N
Old 30 Jan 2007, 23:04 (Ref:1829791)   #6
GT3 Cup
Rookie

GT3 Cup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2007 Carrera Cup

Entry list so far;

1 Craig Baird Team VIP VIP Petfoods
3 David Reynolds Sonic Motor Racing Bob Jane T-Marts
4 Jim Richards Jim Richards Racing OAMPS Insurance Brokers/Greenfield Mowers
6 David Russell Boom Logistics Racing Boom Logistics
7 Rodney Jane Sonic Motor Racing Bob Jane T-Marts
8 Jose Fernandez Fernandez Racing Fujitsu
11 Shaun Juniper Juniper Racing Juniper Development Group
12 Marc Cini Hallmarc Racing Hallmarc
15 Dean Fiore Sonic Motor Racing Landscape Development
18 Max Twigg Twigg Racing Tru Loc Flooring/Twigg Waste Management
19 TBC Sherrin Motorsport TBC
21 Bryce Washington Paul Cruickshank Racing ADRAD/Bolle/Opti Linx
22 Michael Trimble Paul Cruickshank Racing Royal Melbourne Hotel/Bolle/Opti Linx
23 Aaron Caratti Paul Cruickshank Racing Firepower/Bolle/Opti Linx
28 Klark Quinn Team VIP VIP Petfoods
29 Tony Quinn Team VIP VIP Petfoods
33 TBC Fitzgerald Racing Acer/Leading Solutions
38 David Wall RDS/Wall Racing RDS
55 Ash Samadi Roock Racing Appartment Hotels/Roock
66 Peter Hill Greg Murphy Racing TBC
69 James Koundouris Supabarn Motorsports Supabarn Supermarkets
TBC TBC Paul Cruickshank Racing TBC
TBC TBC John Kaias TBC
Old 30 Jan 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1829803)   #7
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for this. It certainly answers a couple of questions...like where Jose was going to fit in.

Interesting to see Peter Hill back in the series too. It will be an interesting year under the new series owners
Old 31 Jan 2007, 00:18 (Ref:1829815)   #8
rallyfiend
Rookie

rallyfiend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does this number of cars relate to past years?

Good, bad, same?
Old 31 Jan 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1829817)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
23 cars on the list, only 21 showed last year.

Mr Ellery's name is conspicuous by its absence.
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 31 Jan 2007, 01:17 (Ref:1829836)   #10
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I posted in another thread that Ellery has signed a deal to drive in Carrera Cup this season. The people doing the talking are no longer saying anything. All I know he is driving in the series but where I have no idea. I think I know but guessing and starting rumours is not something I do.
Old 31 Jan 2007, 01:24 (Ref:1829838)   #11
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
I posted in another thread that Ellery has signed a deal to drive in Carrera Cup this season. The people doing the talking are no longer saying anything. All I know he is driving in the series but where I have no idea. I think I know but guessing and starting rumours is not something I do.

It woud seem he could be in any one of the TBC (Ten Big Crashes?? ) cars.......
Old 31 Jan 2007, 05:02 (Ref:1829874)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
few interesting things in that list thanks for that GT3.

i heard that Ellery could be in the PCR entry.
Old 31 Jan 2007, 05:23 (Ref:1829881)   #13
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
I thought teams were limited to 3 cars?
Old 31 Jan 2007, 06:18 (Ref:1829900)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is JR fulltime of 2007?
Old 31 Jan 2007, 06:40 (Ref:1829909)   #15
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Alex Davidson?
Old 31 Jan 2007, 07:49 (Ref:1829930)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Interesting that the PCR cars dont seem to have a major title sponsor across the 3 vehicles.

Is the Washington car a PCR car/licence or the one they have been trying to sell since mid-2006?
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 31 Jan 2007, 08:25 (Ref:1829948)   #17
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Was that before or after you read the list pwr
Old 1 Feb 2007, 02:36 (Ref:1830759)   #18
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alot of racers by the name of t.b.c....lets hope there is a few more entries
Old 1 Feb 2007, 04:48 (Ref:1830786)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Freestone is also missing from the list... did he manage to sell his 997 911CC and franchise?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 05:36 (Ref:1830802)   #20
deano2
Racer

possibly sold to fernandez , kondouris or twigg???
Old 1 Feb 2007, 06:38 (Ref:1830811)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Has Mr Tratt retired also?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 08:52 (Ref:1830857)   #22
deano2
Racer

it would seem so unless he has gone to TBC racing.....although a few rumours going around that several runners from last year wont be backing up.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1830880)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano2
although a few rumours going around that several runners from last year wont be backing up.
Any particular reason for this?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 10:32 (Ref:1830925)   #24
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Is JR fulltime of 2007?
I can't believe this isn't attracting more comment! Didn't he say that 2006 was his last full-time racing season?
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1830933)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The CC cars are obligated to attend every round arent they? So unless Mr Richards has a substitute we are unaware of, I presume he will still drive....

There was a story in the motorsport press some time ago where Mr Richards denied he would be leaving Carrera Cup