Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Aug 2022, 23:54 (Ref:4123914)   #276
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Could be no Aussie on the grid in 23

Still, Danny Ric has expressed interest in Bathurst and Nascar.
Take 12 months and have fun. He can afford it now, thats some golden parachute!
Who knows he might unexpectedly find a new passion more fun than f1

I still dream of DR and Mark Weber sharing a car in Bathurst 12 hour or B1000, and I think promoters and sponsors would queue down the street with bags full of aussie dollaroos. Red bull of course have strong ties to both of them and naming right sponsorship of a front running v8 supercar team, and some other categories.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 00:47 (Ref:4123916)   #277
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Could be no Aussie on the grid in 23

Still, Danny Ric has expressed interest in Bathurst and Nascar.
Take 12 months and have fun. He can afford it now, thats some golden parachute!
Who knows he might unexpectedly find a new passion more fun than f1

I still dream of DR and Mark Weber sharing a car in Bathurst 12 hour or B1000, and I think promoters and sponsors would queue down the street with bags full of aussie dollaroos. Red bull of course have strong ties to both of them and naming right sponsorship of a front running v8 supercar team, and some other categories.
I thought he admitted the other day that it's F1 or nothing?
Old 28 Aug 2022, 01:21 (Ref:4123917)   #278
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He did say something to that effect.

But if he is shuffled out and it is nothing, and he is just kicking round bored at home when he gets a fun (and well paying) offer for a "one off" race. Nascar, bathurst, le mans etc...

Anyhow Im still hopeful we will have 2 aussies on grid in 23. I think last tiime we had that was in 13. nice
Old 28 Aug 2022, 01:33 (Ref:4123919)   #279
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If he wants an F1 drive, what else can he say. He has to appear to be 100% committed to F1.

Richard
Old 28 Aug 2022, 06:59 (Ref:4123928)   #280
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Latest rumours indicate Gasly could drive for Alpine next year, while Alpha Tauri could sign Herta
Old 28 Aug 2022, 08:30 (Ref:4123936)   #281
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Latest rumours indicate Gasly could drive for Alpine next year, while Alpha Tauri could sign Herta
Wow, where did you see that?
I would say there is 1% chance of either of those happening.

Gasly is under contract, Alpine already have a French driver and probably would need to look at someone on a 1yr deal whilst targeting their next lead driver (unless Ocon consistently proves be can be that person)

Franz Tost will only run Marko's junior drivers or ones they know well unless there is a major shift in policy?

Interesting rumours though...
Old 28 Aug 2022, 08:33 (Ref:4123937)   #282
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
If he wants an F1 drive, what else can he say. He has to appear to be 100% committed to F1.

Richard
I think Alpine would be 'diffcult' he'd also find Ocon to be a lot less cooperative than before.

Haas wouldn't want to fork out a big salary for a driver, and already have an experienced driver. Plus Ricc probably wouldn't see tha team as attractive.

He could speak with Porsche oe Audi as a consultant and join them to help prepare for '26 and/or drive their sportscars alongside?
Old 28 Aug 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4123943)   #283
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Haas wouldn't want to fork out a big salary for a driver, and already have an experienced driver. Plus Ricc probably wouldn't see tha team as attractive.
Let’s see if Haas really has signed an Australian title sponsor as the paddock scuttlebutt here suggests.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4123944)   #284
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

Would Herta qualify for a superlicence?
Old 28 Aug 2022, 09:43 (Ref:4123945)   #285
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Not currently but the word used was 2023 ‘role’ as opposed to race drive.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4123978)   #286
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wow, where did you see that?
I would say there is 1% chance of either of those happening.

Gasly is under contract, Alpine already have a French driver and probably would need to look at someone on a 1yr deal whilst targeting their next lead driver (unless Ocon consistently proves be can be that person)

Franz Tost will only run Marko's junior drivers or ones they know well unless there is a major shift in policy?

Interesting rumours though...
Watching Gasly’s interview after qualifying and his answers and facial expressions when asked about this I am guessing he’s off to Alpine.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 12:06 (Ref:4123980)   #287
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post

I don't see why not. He recently had a test with McLaren.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4123983)   #288
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't see why not. He recently had a test with McLaren.
I don’t think he’s even close. And he crashes as often as he finishes in Indycar.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4123988)   #289
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I don’t think he’s even close. And he crashes as often as he finishes in Indycar.

Is that a determining factor?

Drivers need 40 points from the last three years to qualify for a super licence, and Colton Herta currently has 32 super license points, so he would need some extra FP1 outings or receive special dispensation from the FIA to be eligible for an F1 seat. So it looks like he is close.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 16:17 (Ref:4124040)   #290
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is that a determining factor?

Drivers need 40 points from the last three years to qualify for a super licence, and Colton Herta currently has 32 super license points, so he would need some extra FP1 outings or receive special dispensation from the FIA to be eligible for an F1 seat. So it looks like he is close.
How many will drop out end of this year though?
Old 28 Aug 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4124047)   #291
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Let’s see if Haas really has signed an Australian title sponsor as the paddock scuttlebutt here suggests.
what aussie company could afford to or would want to naming rights sponsor f1 team?
Fosters-haas? ( fosters is now owned by Japanese asahi group)
Qantas-haas? (Qantas has just reported its 3rd year of gigantic losses)

Australia only has 3 types of big businesses
1 - local branches of foreign owned companies

2 - resource mining and the like who dont benefit from sponsorship

3 - service companies serving australia only such as telecom/optus so why would they pay huge dollars to have advertising seen by mostly people in other countries who cant buy the product, and banks wouldnt want to look like they have quite that much of mums and dads mortgage and credit card money to play with

so that means its asahi via fosters
or Scomo-haas?
Old 28 Aug 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4124048)   #292
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
How many will drop out end of this year though?

Your guess is as good as mine.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4124063)   #293
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Watching Gasly’s interview after qualifying and his answers and facial expressions when asked about this I am guessing he’s off to Alpine.
Well let's see. I'll find it highly surprising, not to say underwhelming if it does happen!
Old 29 Aug 2022, 07:49 (Ref:4124116)   #294
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wouldn't surprise me tbh. He's stagnating by staying at Alpha Tauri. He doesn't seem to have much chance of going back to RBR, so why not make a switch across?
Old 29 Aug 2022, 09:03 (Ref:4124128)   #295
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

3 - service companies serving australia only such as telecom/optus so why would they pay huge dollars to have advertising seen by mostly people in other countries who cant buy the product, and banks wouldnt want to look like they have quite that much of mums and dads mortgage and credit card money to play with
Mr Ricciardo is Chief of Optimism over at Optus..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Aug 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4124135)   #296
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Ricciardo is Chief of Optimism over at Optus..
He does have a small optus logo on his hat (and maybe his suit
but thats a long way from naming rights of a team Optus F1
besides what sales will they make in azerbajan, belgium france, saudi etc?

they dont have any major local motor sport sponsorships so i cant see f1 naming rights as being seen as great ROI
Old 29 Aug 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4124138)   #297
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
they dont have any major local motor sport sponsorships so i cant see f1 naming rights as being seen as great ROI

I may be completely wrong here, but surely their name is emblazoned on at least one of the leading V8 Supercars? Or is that another company with a similar name?
Old 29 Aug 2022, 21:02 (Ref:4124227)   #298
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I may be completely wrong here, but surely their name is emblazoned on at least one of the leading V8 Supercars? Or is that another company with a similar name?
I sit corrected. I dont watch supercars.
Took a pom to tell me about our own premier series

still its a long way from v8s to f1. and given they only operate in aust, why would they?
Old 29 Aug 2022, 21:17 (Ref:4124229)   #299
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I sit corrected. I dont watch supercars.
Took a pom to tell me about our own premier series

still its a long way from v8s to f1. and given they only operate in aust, why would they?

Now they do, only 3 years ago they also went to NZ!
Old 30 Aug 2022, 01:14 (Ref:4124248)   #300
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Now they do, only 3 years ago they also went to NZ!
Actually Mike they are, now post Covid restrictions, and with travel easier between Aus and NZ, back to racing in NZ, indeed for the next round in less than 2 weeks, and with Pukekohe set to close as a venue due to development plans after this year, Supercars have recently committed to continuing in NZ at an alternative venue.