Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2022, 07:55 (Ref:4124259)   #301
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
good well written and thought out piece on OP in speedcafe

The unanswered question surrounding Pastri

Last edited by bathurst77; 30 Aug 2022 at 08:02.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4124269)   #302
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
And in a move that screams that Alpine couldn't think of anyone else, Ricciardo signs for them for next year. Hardly deserved based on recent form, but I along with most fans quite like Ricciardo, so this is good news in some ways, but only if he rediscovers his mojo.

I presume that this means that Piastri is going to be confirmed at McLaren?
Old 30 Aug 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4124272)   #303
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
And in a move that screams that Alpine couldn't think of anyone else, Ricciardo signs for them for next year. Hardly deserved based on recent form, but I along with most fans quite like Ricciardo, so this is good news in some ways, but only if he rediscovers his mojo.

I presume that this means that Piastri is going to be confirmed at McLaren?
Say what?! For real?

Sauce?
Old 30 Aug 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4124273)   #304
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
And in a move that screams that Alpine couldn't think of anyone else, Ricciardo signs for them for next year.
source please?
Old 30 Aug 2022, 09:55 (Ref:4124274)   #305
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It was on Alpines own Twitter account earlier this morning, but strangely enough seems to have disappeared now. Therefore please accept my apologies if I am spreading fake news!?
Old 30 Aug 2022, 10:20 (Ref:4124278)   #306
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
I was not the only one who saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oudbW9nBY
Old 30 Aug 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4124281)   #307
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I was not the only one who saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oudbW9nBY

Watching that, it was actually on Tik Tok.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4124282)   #308
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's not the official Alpine F1 Twitter account though...

@AlpineFITeamm is not @AlpineF1Team, it's some sort of parody/joke/fictional account (albeit not very good).

As you were!
Old 30 Aug 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4124283)   #309
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Apologies all for spreading fake news.

Anyway, a Nigerian Prince who contacted me by email is sending me a Billion Dollars from my long lost relatives, so perhaps I can set up my own F1 team and employ Ricciardo.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 12:00 (Ref:4124291)   #310
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the same news on Twitter and jumped but looked at other forums with no news as yet. I hope DR end up at Alpine. Seems to be the most competitive of whats available.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4124306)   #311
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see Alpine being Danny's best option atm.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4124320)   #312
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see Alpine being Danny's best option atm.
But not their best option most likely.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4124330)   #313
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like regardless of the CRB outcome, Alpine are moving towards not wanting Piastri in their car...

Several outlets today saying that Alpine are feeling out Gasly, who apparently Red Bull would be prepared to let go for a fee.

Gasly would probably be a nice fit for Alpine, leaves the question of who would fill his seat in Alpha Tauri? Lawson? Herta? Schumacher? Ricciardo?

I dont expect them to go back to Ricciardo, not their style. Lawson or Herta would be my picks.

That of course leaves a HAAS seat free, which would be a fairly lowly seat for Ricciardo to fall into, question would be whether he'd take that or just walk away with his nice big Mclaren pay packet.

Lots of spinning plates here, going to be interesting how it all lands as we are merely speculating for now
Old 30 Aug 2022, 18:04 (Ref:4124333)   #314
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

That of course leaves a HAAS seat free, which would be a fairly lowly seat for Ricciardo to fall into, question would be whether he'd take that or just walk away with his nice big Mclaren pay packet.
Giovinazzi seems to be a favourite for the 2nd Haas seat. Ferrari want him there by all accounts. He has already been confirmed to be doing a couple of FP1 sessions for Haas in the forthcoming races..
Old 30 Aug 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4124337)   #315
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulkenberg in an Alpine ? Could happen
Old 30 Aug 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4124344)   #316
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Hulkenberg in an Alpine ? Could happen
Most anything can happen. But...

I think with the wealth of prospective drivers in the wings, I would expect Hulkenberg would be way down on most lists. High if someone is needed in pinch, but low when signing someone for a full season. I honestly would be shocked if we see Hulkenberg in F1 ever again.

Richard
Old 30 Aug 2022, 20:31 (Ref:4124345)   #317
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

I think with the wealth of prospective drivers in the wings, I would expect Hulkenberg would be way down on most lists. High if someone is needed in pinch, but low when signing someone for a full season. I honestly would be shocked if we see Hulkenberg in F1 ever again.

Richard
I would've said the same about Gio too, but ...
Old 30 Aug 2022, 21:34 (Ref:4124347)   #318
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Richard
Stefan Johansson sort of deal could be an option. 1 year, safe pair of hands. They can then work on securing a longer term driver for '24 onwards.

I don't see the clear overwhelming suitability in Gasly. They already have an experienced, quick, yet to be fully proven Frenchman...
Why but out the contract of a similar level French driver?!

There isn't an academy driver outside F1 that has proven they are ready for an seat.

Zhou might fit the bill for a year or two but hasn't he re-signed with Sauber?
Old 30 Aug 2022, 22:16 (Ref:4124350)   #319
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
and to think a couple of months ago the 23 driver lineup lloook locked solid with few if aany changes from this year, and no seat for OP
Old 31 Aug 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4124373)   #320
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'd blame Seb for that lol
Old 1 Sep 2022, 15:53 (Ref:4124478)   #321
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The CRB thing’s a bit too quiet. Maybe some negotiations going on in the background.
Old 1 Sep 2022, 21:37 (Ref:4124503)   #322
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The CRB thing’s a bit too quiet. Maybe some negotiations going on in the background.
The CRB doesn’t announce its decisions.We will next hear a driver announcement from one of the teams.
Old 1 Sep 2022, 22:52 (Ref:4124507)   #323
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The CRB doesn’t announce its decisions.We will next hear a driver announcement from one of the teams.
I know, surprised no announcements yet.

Maybe they’re waiting for the new Haas sponsor from Australia to be announced.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 06:19 (Ref:4124530)   #324
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I know, surprised no announcements yet.
Rumours are that Alpine are looking at other drivers such as Gasly however there are no rumours McLaren are looking elsewhere for a Ricciardo replacement. That might indicate the CBR's decision.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4124538)   #325
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't they start before the CRB hearing, I remember thinking that they were a pointer to Alpine's expectation that they would lose OP, or at least they would lose the CRB contract arbitration.