Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Mar 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4101543)   #76
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jim says they will build one if someone wants it
Old 8 Mar 2022, 02:02 (Ref:4101558)   #77
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let’s do it.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4101625)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Is there a 3rd car? Other than any shrink wrapped in storage for investment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Jim says they will build one if someone wants it
They have (at least) 3 chassis. This was confirmed in a video of the shop last year. The 3rd car may have never been put together, but they already have the parts for it.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 19:51 (Ref:4101661)   #79
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I meant one ready to go. Guarantee you write them a cheque and the car will be in build QUICKLY. And would love to see it one day, Mr Keating??
Old 9 Mar 2022, 11:29 (Ref:4101750)   #80
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
....The 3rd car may have never been put together, but they already have the parts for it.
Indeed. Although that then begs the question of what the spares situation would be to support the cars once half the parts department has been raided to create the 3rd car.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4101752)   #81
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No third car. Always a long shot in the time available to confirm everything.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-for-2023.html
Old 10 Mar 2022, 12:13 (Ref:4101925)   #82
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
revealed.....disappointed
no peugeot...a boring endless row of ferraris....
I was there even last year...with all teh restrictions....but skipping maybe this year....as there will be not much to see.....
a charade of toyota...

sad news
Old 10 Mar 2022, 12:24 (Ref:4101926)   #83
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Full list + reserves - https://mcusercontent.com/b5f125906f...ars_090322.pdf

A lack of real news or noteworthy stuff but not sure what anyone expected really. It's still going to be a very high quality motor race in three of the classes you'd imagine.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4101927)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
revealed.....disappointed
no peugeot...a boring endless row of ferraris....
I was there even last year...with all teh restrictions....but skipping maybe this year....as there will be not much to see.....
a charade of toyota...

sad news
After missing 20 and 21, wild horses couldn't keep me away.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 12:51 (Ref:4101929)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racing Team Nederland on the reserve list?
Old 10 Mar 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4101930)   #86
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Racing Team Nederland on the reserve list?
I know, i would have thought that and the High Class Racing car would have got in. What do i know.

Old 10 Mar 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4101936)   #87
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I know, i would have thought that and the High Class Racing car would have got in. What do i know.

Though one to swallow for both I'm sure but the surplus of full time ELMS and AsLMS entrants made it almost a given.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4101937)   #88
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post

Don't leave our parish for America would be the big takeaway from that. And if you do, make it a full season programme at least.

Historically you'd like to think they'd get an entry, but purely on this year's programmes alone (cherry picking US events) they don't.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4101938)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Still seems a shame to potentially lose such a strong and popular entry.

I see Algarve Pro made it - with two cars.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4101944)   #90
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Still seems a shame to potentially lose such a strong and popular entry.
I completely agree but I think it's just the precedent more than anything. Everything in P2 that isn't auto-invite is full season ELMS. The ACO will always look after the independent French teams, just as the Tour de France will. It probably also would have been bad optics to remove that second Algarve entry, but I believe they are still full season.

Again in GT-Am you've got some ELMS stalwarts JMW, a movie star + ELMS full season in Proton. Kessel ELMS full season (sounds like they also got flicked for the WEC entry list) and Weathertech who are IMSA full season.

Very little wiggle room this year. I think it's also the most populated LM entry I've seen in a long time in terms of drivers already announced. I think WEC season about to start plays a bit part in that.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4101947)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, that all makes sense....
Old 10 Mar 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4101948)   #92
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
After missing 20 and 21, wild horses couldn't keep me away.

Agreed. Of course I would like Peugeot to be there, and a works Aston GTE Pro entry and more than one non-ORECA (shout out to CD Sport's lonely Ligier), but it's more than just the entry list that gets me there.

And I need to get back into the swing of things before the big one next year.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 15:44 (Ref:4101956)   #93
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even with the cars on the reserve list, this is a strong entry. So many cars in the "am" classes have a legitimate shot.

Speaking of reserve list, with so much uncertainty right now, is it possible we will see some attrition from the entry?
Old 10 Mar 2022, 18:22 (Ref:4101981)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Agreed. Of course I would like Peugeot to be there, and a works Aston GTE Pro entry and more than one non-ORECA (shout out to CD Sport's lonely Ligier), but it's more than just the entry list that gets me there.

And I need to get back into the swing of things before the big one next year.
Absolutely, my thoughts exactly. Those who haven't been perhaps don't appreciate that Le Mans is a lot more than just a motor race......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Even with the cars on the reserve list, this is a strong entry. So many cars in the "am" classes have a legitimate shot.

Speaking of reserve list, with so much uncertainty right now, is it possible we will see some attrition from the entry?
Entirely possible I think Joe.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 18:40 (Ref:4101990)   #95
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It’s amazing really how the world is in the shape it is (Covid, Russia/Ukraine) yet this is probably the highest demand they’ve had for a Le Mans entry in a long time
Old 10 Mar 2022, 19:16 (Ref:4101999)   #96
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
It’s amazing really how the world is in the shape it is (Covid, Russia/Ukraine) yet this is probably the highest demand they’ve had for a Le Mans entry in a long time
Exactly, we have the end of a pandemic, war, famine around the world and people moan about how many Ferraris and LMP2s are on the grid. There will be 62 cars starting, 24 hours of the race, and we cab be there, we need to be grateful for what we have.

See you there

Sean
Old 10 Mar 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4102002)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Exactly, we have the end of a pandemic, war, famine around the world and people moan about how many Ferraris and LMP2s are on the grid. There will be 62 cars starting, 24 hours of the race, and we cab be there, we need to be grateful for what we have.

See you there

Sean
Spot on Sean.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4103806)   #98
Mike E
Veteran

Racing Team Nederland and High Class Racing consider pulling their entries from the reserve list.

Interesting comments from both on the impact on Dutch and Danish interest in the race without them.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...serve-entries/
Old 22 Mar 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4103809)   #99
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a difficult one - ACO has to prioritise WEC/ELMS and Asian Le Mans Series entries and allow top teams from IMSA as well.
Also it is a bit unfair to leave out teams that have been part of ACO racing and have a considerable following because they switched series.
I do not want to be the person/committee that has to make final decisions on this matter
Old 22 Mar 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4103824)   #100
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
It is a difficult one - ACO has to prioritise WEC/ELMS and Asian Le Mans Series entries and allow top teams from IMSA as well.
Also it is a bit unfair to leave out teams that have been part of ACO racing and have a considerable following because they switched series.
I do not want to be the person/committee that has to make final decisions on this matter
Me on the other hand would love to be on it. First thing I would propose, is a transparent ranking system so everyone knows what would required to be considered and how the selections are made.

And on top of that consider having some sort of qualifying session/race for the last remaining 2-4 spots, reserving at least one for a prototype and one for a GT. Again, based on transparent qualifications to determine eligibility. This would give longtime supporting teams and drivers the opportunity to at least compete for an entry.