Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Dec 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4135995)   #76
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is this just a promo, or will the car have Goodyear sponsorship?

https://twitter.com/nascarg56/status...LhnHyLc1w&s=19
Maybe both? Full Goodyear livery for this promo, during LM24 smaller branding on the car.
Old 20 Dec 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4137652)   #77
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lanky Turtle delivers the goods again!

https://youtu.be/AdC1RQ97o88
Old 20 Dec 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4137660)   #78
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Lanky Turtle delivers the goods again!

https://youtu.be/AdC1RQ97o88
This is going to be absolutely epic. Dreaming of a moment where we get this and a Cadillac going along the front straight at the same time.
Old 20 Dec 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4137666)   #79
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to seeing the Hypercars tripping over it round the Porsche Curves...or maybe even being overtaken by it in a straight line?
Old 20 Dec 2022, 14:06 (Ref:4137668)   #80
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
This is going to be absolutely epic. Dreaming of a moment where we get this and a Cadillac going along the front straight at the same time.
IIRC when RLM were based above the ACO tribune and they left the door ajar, the sounds of the cars heading up to Dunlop was spine tingling ... this sounds like it will do the same !
Old 23 Dec 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4137958)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm really impressed with the level of testing they have been putting this through. Great to see how serious they are taking the effort.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4137962)   #82
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I'm really impressed with the level of testing they have been putting this through. Great to see how serious they are taking the effort.
I never had doubts. The personnel involved, the money. This car is Nascar's future-not just technological development but also marketing. In order for Nascar to remain vital they need attention on a world stage. A successful 24 Hours of LeMans (say top 10 finish) would garner loads of press.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4137981)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I never had doubts. The personnel involved, the money. This car is Nascar's future-not just technological development but also marketing. In order for Nascar to remain vital they need attention on a world stage. A successful 24 Hours of LeMans (say top 10 finish) would garner loads of press.
Good points, and it makes me wonder if they have done endurance testing yet? They have been to a variety of tracks but I don't recall hearing about any extended tests.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4138006)   #84
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I have no idea. I guess there has not been any coverage of testing details nor specifications. I'll speculate that the specs might be evolving during testing and nothing has been set in stone. I guess as G56, they can keep changing specs all the way up to LM, as long as the safety structures and systems remain.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4139295)   #85
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Well, here we go with information from Hendrick Motorsport. Jimmie Johnson is doing testing along with Rockenfeller. They have been to VIR and Kershaw, SC (close to me) along with Sebring

https://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...q5RntKyXC562nY
Old 9 Jan 2023, 09:22 (Ref:4139304)   #86
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Jimmy Johnson and Mike Rockenfeller, a great combo. An American racing hero and a well experienced Le Mans veteran
Old 9 Jan 2023, 16:46 (Ref:4139383)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Well, here we go with information from Hendrick Motorsport. Jimmie Johnson is doing testing along with Rockenfeller. They have been to VIR and Kershaw, SC (close to me) along with Sebring

https://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...q5RntKyXC562nY
A surprising amount of info there on the development. Like, they are just now putting carbon brakes on, and there was an issue with the diff so that was changed, and it has slightly confused me:

Quote:
At day’s end, the team changed to a second transmission that had a spool differential in it for use on the second day. Typically, when going around a corner, the wheel on the outside of the corner has to turn faster than the wheel on the inside of the corner. With a spool differential, the wheels were locked together. The car doesn’t want to get around a corner since the inside and outside wheels can’t turn at different speeds.
So they are sticking with a spool differential?

Also on the tire front they are still evaluating options. That was one of the questions I had for the G56 entry. Would they be using the standard Goodyears or bring their own.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4139397)   #88
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know why they wouldn't run a Detroit Locker but the V8 Supercars used to run a locked diff (and may still). I never could wrap my head around why.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4139404)   #89
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
A surprising amount of info there on the development. Like, they are just now putting carbon brakes on, and there was an issue with the diff so that was changed, and it has slightly confused me:

So they are sticking with a spool differential?

Also on the tire front they are still evaluating options. That was one of the questions I had for the G56 entry. Would they be using the standard Goodyears or bring their own.

Can you have 'traction control' with a spool diff?

The tires must be a Nascar spec size, and the weight of this car must be a factor too.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4139405)   #90
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Yes, weight must be a factor on tire selection. I know i'm excited to see some new hypercars on the grid this year, but this entry is really going to turn some heads too!
Old 9 Jan 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4139410)   #91
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
I guess we are going to have to wait for a real technical breakdown of what they are doing with this car. It is nice to have some infornation, but it just whets the appetite.

I'm a greedy B!
Old 9 Jan 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4139415)   #92
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Can you have 'traction control' with a spool diff?

The tires must be a Nascar spec size, and the weight of this car must be a factor too.
Yes, it's very common in drag racing but they will run just one wheel speed sensor off the output shaft.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4139432)   #93
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
I hate the idea that Traction Control is in drag racing...

I'm an unhappy Luddite.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 20:14 (Ref:4139766)   #94
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me who watched that video a page or two back of Sebring testing and felt a little worried? Sure, it looks quite quick in a straight line, and it sounds great, etc., but it looked painfully ponderous through the corners. It's obviously hard to tell without anything else on the track with it as a benchmark, but I'd be quite worried that it would be a slow (and dangerous) mobile chicane. It doesn't look GT pace, let alone prototype pace - but I could be very wrong...?

(And it would be hard to believe that drivers of that quality would knowingly put something out there that wasn't safely fast, admittedly)
Old 11 Jan 2023, 20:53 (Ref:4139769)   #95
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well a spool ain't gonna help it corner but get out of it better. But no left right TC just go or woah only. But I also think it's not gonna make it to the dark at any rate. Doesn't look that slow out of the corners and carries decent speed but the camera guy isn't keeping up. I would be interested in seeing it in the low speed stuff and Esses somewhere. Be nice to see IMSA accept the car a round or 2 as well just for the fun of it like the 911 Hybrid years ago
Old 12 Jan 2023, 03:06 (Ref:4139805)   #96
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That would be great. I don’t remember it being mentioned as an option, but it makes so much sense it hurts. The perfect place to promote it, the fans, a wonderful test.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 03:16 (Ref:4139806)   #97
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I hate the idea that Traction Control is in drag racing...

I'm an unhappy Luddite.
It's not allowed in NHRA or IHRA, this only promods, drag and drive cars, and weekend warriors. It's not as intrusive at the launch as you imagine. It mostly works down the track which doesn't bother me. At the line, it's the same as the top level, you have to guess the first trip down the track, look at the data, and adjust from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Is it just me who watched that video a page or two back of Sebring testing and felt a little worried? Sure, it looks quite quick in a straight line, and it sounds great, etc., but it looked painfully ponderous through the corners. It's obviously hard to tell without anything else on the track with it as a benchmark, but I'd be quite worried that it would be a slow (and dangerous) mobile chicane. It doesn't look GT pace, let alone prototype pace - but I could be very wrong...?

(And it would be hard to believe that drivers of that quality would knowingly put something out there that wasn't safely fast, admittedly)
Stock cars (you didn't say this but for the uninitiated, there is no such thing as a "Nascar") are much quicker than you might think. It's mid-corner speeds will obviously be down a little bit to a GT car but they now have a flat underbody and rear diffusers... think of a "modern" Trans Am car if that translates. I don't feel like it will be a hazard at all. And it has over 900 horsepower and all the torque, so it will pull out of the corner as good as anything. You might even catch a photo of it carrying a tire out of the slower corners.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 03:45 (Ref:4141245)   #98
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drivers for the Cup car should be announced this weekend at Daytona according to S365.

With an endurance test scheduled after Daytona
Old 26 Jan 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4141341)   #99
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be surprised if Jimmie Johnson isn`t in the seat.
Old 27 Jan 2023, 09:53 (Ref:4141380)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Will be surprised if Jimmie Johnson isn`t in the seat.
Same here. He's made enough noises about wanting to be part of it