Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Dec 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4135980)   #101
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Technically Hulkenberg wasn't Vettel's team mate though. He replaced him at a couple of GPs this season just gone though
He was their official reserve and development driver, certainly in 2021 anyway, so I reckon that makes him officially part of the team.

Last year press reports talked of Hulkenberg "joining Aston Martin...." F1....https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...reserve-driver
Old 4 Dec 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4136074)   #102
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
He was their official reserve and development driver, certainly in 2021 anyway, so I reckon that makes him officially part of the team.

Last year press reports talked of Hulkenberg "joining Aston Martin...." F1....https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...reserve-driver
I never knew reserve and development drivers had 'team mates'

Anyway here's one I thought of last night. What do Teo Fabi and Marc Gene have in common?
Old 9 Dec 2022, 12:18 (Ref:4136564)   #103
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Anyway here's one I thought of last night. What do Teo Fabi and Marc Gene have in common?
It looks like you have everyone stumped with this one......
Old 9 Dec 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4136567)   #104
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Both had the shortest name on the grid in every season they competed in Formula 1?
Old 9 Dec 2022, 15:46 (Ref:4136581)   #105
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Something to do with having racing driver brothers?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 06:59 (Ref:4136838)   #106
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What do Teo Fabi and Marc Gene have in common?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Both had the shortest name on the grid in every season they competed in Formula 1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Something to do with having racing driver brothers?
Do we have a correct answer?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4136849)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nope. Both did something without officially doing something
Old 12 Dec 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4136851)   #108
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Is it that both led a race without actually leading a lap so officially haven't led a race?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4136854)   #109
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
They were both registered as entrants in a GP, without actually taking the grid?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 12:14 (Ref:4136868)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Is it that both led a race without actually leading a lap so officially haven't led a race?

Yes, that’s right. Both led a race, but as they weren’t leading when they went over the line, it wasn’t officially recorded. Fabi in the 1986 Austrian Grand Prix and Gene in the 2003 Italian GP
Old 12 Dec 2022, 15:23 (Ref:4136884)   #111
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
OK - if I wait till I get one right to ask a question, we will be here till next Christmas.

You have all seen the video loads of times. Without looking afresh at youtube, which drivers did Ayrton Senna overtake on lap 1 of the 1993 European GP at Donnington.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 15:25 (Ref:4136885)   #112
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that’s right. Both led a race, but as they weren’t leading when they went over the line, it wasn’t officially recorded. Fabi in the 1986 Austrian Grand Prix and Gene in the 2003 Italian GP
Thanks, I would like to ask a weird question:

Firstly, you must think back to being a child colouring in a menu at 'Little Chef,' and trying to colour in every letter which has an enclosed section. For example, you would colour in the enclosed section of an A or a B, but there is no enclosed section to a C so that would be left as it was.

Now imagine on that Little Chef menu there was a list of the names of every F1 driver from history, all capitalised. You had to colour in every letter that was available in the drivers' names. So for LEWIS HAMILTON you would colour the A and the O, and for MAX VERSTAPPEN you would colour the A, R, A, P and P. For some drivers no letters in the surname could be coloured in, including VETTEL, SUTIL and LIUZZI. Also, LITTLE CHEF has no letters that can be coloured.

But there are five drivers in F1 history (those who have started a Grand Prix) for whom not a single letter in their first name or surname could be coloured in (or six including GEKI). The question is, what is the longest name of an F1 driver in history for whom not a single letter in their entire name (not including middle name) can be coloured in. It is a very well-known driver.

The extension is to get the other four. As a clue, one of them is from the 2010s, one is from the 1970s, and two are from the 1950s (one being an Indy 500 driver). This is apart from the aforementioned longest name, the most well-known driver on the list, which you have to get to win the question and ask the next one.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 15:26 (Ref:4136886)   #113
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
OK - if I wait till I get one right to ask a question, we will be here till next Christmas.

You have all seen the video loads of times. Without looking afresh at youtube, which drivers did Ayrton Senna overtake on lap 1 of the 1993 European GP at Donnington.
Michael Schumacher
Karl Wendlinger
Damon Hill
Alain Prost
Old 12 Dec 2022, 15:29 (Ref:4136887)   #114
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Quote:
Michael Schumacher
Karl Wendlinger
Damon Hill
Alain Prost
3 minutes until a correct answer. I thought people might struggle with Wendlinger.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4136889)   #115
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The question is, what is the longest name of an F1 driver in history for whom not a single letter in their entire name (not including middle name) can be coloured in. It is a very well-known driver.

The extension is to get the other four. As a clue, one of them is from the 2010s, one is from the 1970s, and two are from the 1950s (one being an Indy 500 driver). This is apart from the aforementioned longest name, the most well-known driver on the list, which you have to get to win the question and ask the next one.

Gilles Villeneuve
Will Stevens
Ken Miles
Jim McWithey
Willi Heeks
Old 12 Dec 2022, 16:40 (Ref:4136892)   #116
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
3 minutes until a correct answer. I thought people might struggle with Wendlinger.
The move on Wendlinger was around the outside on the Craner Curves, one of the finest overtakes ever in F1. Sorry it was only three minutes, I just happened to be online at the same time writing out my question and it is something I knew.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4136893)   #117
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Gilles Villeneuve
Will Stevens
Ken Miles
Jim McWithey
Willi Heeks
That was very quick, well done.
Gilles Villeneuve was the answer I was looking for, so you are correct and can ask the next one.

Stevens, Heeks and McWithey are three of the other four, but I don’t believe Ken Miles ever raced in Formula 1, and he died in the 1960s anyway so couldn’t be the 1970s driver. That is someone else.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 16:46 (Ref:4136894)   #118
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
That was very quick, well done.
Gilles Villeneuve was the answer I was looking for, so you are correct and can ask the next one.

Stevens, Heeks and McWithey are three of the other four, but I don’t believe Ken Miles ever raced in Formula 1, and he died in the 1960s anyway so couldn’t be the 1970s driver. That is someone else.
Miles is listed as one entry.

I think the other driver you are looking for is Tim Schenken?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4136928)   #119
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

?? I don’t think there’s ever been an F1 venue called “Donnington.”
Old 12 Dec 2022, 21:10 (Ref:4136934)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

You know he means Donington Park. So what if he spelt it with two n’s. No one’s perfect and it at least it has the same pronunciation with two n’s
Old 12 Dec 2022, 21:22 (Ref:4136935)   #121
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
You know he means Donington Park. So what if he spelt it with two n’s. No one’s perfect and it at least it has the same pronunciation with two n’s
Thanks but no, I was actually correctly answering the question.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 06:28 (Ref:4136962)   #122
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Right - if we're done with the pedantry, on to the next question:

Alberto Ascari’s is the largest.
Charles LeClerc's is the most recent.

What do they have?
Old 13 Dec 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4136977)   #123
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
?? I don’t think there’s ever been an F1 venue called “Donnington.”
Wow. Thanks. For. That.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4136978)   #124
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Right - if we're done with the pedantry, on to the next question:

Alberto Ascari’s is the largest.
Charles LeClerc's is the most recent.

What do they have?
Is it something to do with streets being named after them in Romme or Ittaly?
Old 13 Dec 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4136983)   #125
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Is it something to do with streets being named after them in Romme or Ittaly?
- no, that is not the answer (at least not the answer I am looking for).

Max Verstappen had one on 23 May 2021.