Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Feb 2022, 14:53 (Ref:4098838)   #1976
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Doesn't sound great, getting the excuses in early? https://www.racefans.net/2022/02/15/...-for-williams/
Seems like outside speculation vs. excuses coming from inside whispers.

Richard

PS: I like the 2022 livery
Old 16 Feb 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4098934)   #1977
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I cling to hope that Williams can still spring a surprise or two. Would be amazing if they could pull some of that more recent 2014 form out of the bag.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4098944)   #1978
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Certainly last year was an improvement for them, but now they’ve lost their prized asset in Russell. Latifi brings some continuity and hopefully Albon can do better now he’s freed from the Red Bull pressure cooker
Old 17 Feb 2022, 01:52 (Ref:4099029)   #1979
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It looks like they've just used the leftover wrap from last years Alpine

Also a distinct lack of sponsors still.
Perhaps Rokit is their primary sponsor

The reported numbers around the Oracle (US$100m/yr) and Bibit (US$50m/yr) at RBR dwarfs the reported Rokit settlement however....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Feb 2022, 07:03 (Ref:4099037)   #1980
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Williams have enough funding behind them and they can not only continue competing, but hopefully get some more results
Old 17 Feb 2022, 07:17 (Ref:4099041)   #1981
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hopefully.
Old 17 Feb 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4099077)   #1982
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Williams arguably currently participates rather than competes.

Presumably when it becomes Mazepin Grand Prix in 2023 or so.. it might continue to participate..
Old 18 Feb 2022, 23:48 (Ref:4099355)   #1983
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, wouldn’t this team make the perfect foil for an Andretti takeover rather than them lodging a new team entry for 2024 as has been reported?
Old 19 Feb 2022, 00:51 (Ref:4099360)   #1984
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, wouldn’t this team make the perfect foil for an Andretti takeover rather than them lodging a new team entry for 2024 as has been reported?
Only if the investors think they can't get any more for the team later than Andretti can offer now. But I think they actually like the marketing and glad handing they can do, get more investment bringing people to the track to sell more investment and as long as they aren't losing from the initial buy-in they'll hold.
Old 19 Feb 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4099390)   #1985
S griffin
Veteran

Found out yesterday that Latifi and Albon have been team mates before, with DAMS in F2
Old 20 Feb 2022, 05:57 (Ref:4099481)   #1986
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Only if the investors think they can't get any more for the team later than Andretti can offer now. But I think they actually like the marketing and glad handing they can do, get more investment bringing people to the track to sell more investment and as long as they aren't losing from the initial buy-in they'll hold.
It is difficult to consider the cost of operating the team isn’t costing Dorilton something, especially when the commercial input from external sponsors keeps the Williams unfashionably nude of brand names.. again
Old 20 Feb 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4099511)   #1987
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is difficult to consider the cost of operating the team isn’t costing Dorilton something, especially when the commercial input from external sponsors keeps the Williams unfashionably nude of brand names.. again
But is that cost they expect and consider against the future sale price? I don't think they're viewing it as a direct money maker now and in every column.
Old 4 Dec 2022, 09:06 (Ref:4136071)   #1988
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, £26m from ROKiT would help the plan if they ever receive it.....
Old 4 Dec 2022, 09:08 (Ref:4136072)   #1989
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
You have to wonder what the bailliffs would find!
Old 4 Dec 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4136091)   #1990
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This was awarded earlier in the year in a UK Court - presumably they have wriggled so now it has been enforced on USA soil aswell. No chance I reckon. If it does pay up who gets it ? The team or Clare on the basis it was owed from her time ?
Old 4 Dec 2022, 20:01 (Ref:4136097)   #1991
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
This was awarded earlier in the year in a UK Court - presumably they have wriggled so now it has been enforced on USA soil aswell. No chance I reckon. If it does pay up who gets it ? The team or Clare on the basis it was owed from her time ?
The company the contract is with…
Old 4 Dec 2022, 21:34 (Ref:4136105)   #1992
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I would assume that as part of the sale, this was considered an asset and was acquired by Dorilton. The owed money would have been valued in the deal as something less than the stated value due to the need to invest additional money to recoup and risk of it never being collected.

It would be no different than those who buy bad debt. You pay 1/10th the price, the seller gets something, then the buyer spends the time and money to recoup what they can in the hopes it is more than what they spent.

But who knows what deal was reached between the family and Dorilton. The news items say it was "Williams F1" who won, and Williams F1 is owned by Dorilton. So I assume the money goes to the team/Dorilton and not the Williams family.

Richard
Old 5 Dec 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4136126)   #1993
S griffin
Veteran

RoKiT are another Rich Energy. So no surprise they are behind with their payments.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4136129)   #1994
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
RoKiT are another Rich Energy. So no surprise they are behind with their payments.
They're not "behind with their payments" - the contract was terminated due to non-payment years ago now, since when Williams have been pursuing them through the courts.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4136143)   #1995
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
RoKiT are another Rich Energy.
I think (from your perspective) you might see ROKiT differently if you look at the personnel behind the company.

Jonathan Kendrick worked as a tyre engineer for Goodyear and was assigned to support the Williams team in 1978. He was also behind bringing Yokohama tyres to the UK before retiring in 1998. The name ROK stands for 'Return of Kendrick'.

His partner in the brand is John Paul DeJoria, who you might be aware of from Paul Mitchell hair care products and Patron Tequila.

Although I agree - this particular saga does not look good, it is an entirely different situation to Rich Energy / Storey.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 20:46 (Ref:4136200)   #1996
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Although I agree - this particular saga does not look good, it is an entirely different situation to Rich Energy / Storey.
I frankly know little about Rokit. I did see this story posted elsewhere and it is interesting.

https://variety.com/2022/biz/news/ro...es-1235398095/

This quote seems to sum it up..

Quote:
Despite its varied interests, and a complex web of private limited companies to pursue them, financial reports and interviews with former Rokit insiders chronicle a company that has never proven financially sustainable, produced very few actual products, and failed to deliver on many of its business commitments.
It sounds like the leadership might be labelled as "toxic". Shades of Rich Energy?

Quote:
In an email Kendrick sent his staff in late 2018—a copy of which was obtained by Sportico and authenticated by multiple sources—the CEO suggested that he would start making Rokit employees wear badges in the office to denote how useful he perceived them. Those who were the most disappointing would be tagged with the classic four letter f-word, Kendrick wrote, explaining it stood for “Futile Useless C***sucker ******.”
I expect both Rokit and Rich Energy have organizational challenges that are unique to each. But it seems both have a bit of "champagne taste and a beer wallet". Especially when it comes to sporting sponsorship/partnerships. It seems that both leave quite the mess in their wake.

Richard
Old 12 Dec 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4136897)   #1997
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Capito out
Old 12 Dec 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4136905)   #1998
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Capito out
to go to Ferrari?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4136908)   #1999
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
to go to Ferrari?
Seems there has been a serious clear out in the Technical department. First job , get Simon Roberts back the team was on an upward curve under his leadership
Old 12 Dec 2022, 21:58 (Ref:4136938)   #2000
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
to go to Ferrari?
I would think more likely Sauber / Alfa Romeo..... reports are that Vasseur has just purchased a house in Marinello which seems suspiciously like and indication of the way his life might be heading.

Of course 2+2 sometimes becomes 5!. My observation is based on suspicion more than fact.