Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 Dec 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4136345)   #1
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
bidochon should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbidochon should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
who can identify this car

who can identify this car and where , may be Madrid (checkered flag ) driver Armand Philippe
Attached Thumbnails
P4.jpeg   Y Prat.jpg   P3.jpg  

P2.jpg  
Old 8 Dec 2022, 11:05 (Ref:4136425)   #2
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The badge on the front of the 1st single seat picture looks like a Cisitalia one.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4136432)   #3
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
bidochon should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbidochon should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
found it's a Simca Deho : It would seem that the "Spanish" photo shows Philippe at Madrid in a Deho. Whether this was later a Balsa Special I bow to others.
Gigleux Definitively Madrid: official programme had numbered the cars from n°2 to n°62. Philippe is too on the programme in last position with a Simca-Dého but with no number (certainly a late entry). If you look at the picture you can guess the car wear what seems to be n°64 ,which is logical.
John: the Balsas were built by Balsa from BMW parts, the Déhos by Dého from Simca parts; absolutely no links between them. If you look picture 3 and 4 you can see significant differencies: not the same number of louvres on the sides and the rear parts are different.

So as I understand the picture doesn´t show the Balsa, but the Simca Deho instead in 1949, correct? Sorry for my confusion...
Gigleux : Yes correct Marcus.
Old 9 Dec 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4136549)   #4
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Found this picture on a Pirelli site, think this is your car. Unfortunately there is no more information on the site.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  9.0 KB
Old 12 Dec 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4136872)   #5
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris

yes it is many thanks
Old 12 Dec 2022, 16:53 (Ref:4136896)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
It a pleasure to read that some has not been forgotten, like Deho and Marcel Balsa for instance. Balsa had a mechanic qe respectfully called Monsieur Raymond capable of wonders, specially on our 911's.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4136903)   #7
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
may be Raymond Touroul ?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 20:06 (Ref:4136922)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Je vois que j'ai affaire ?* un très grand connaisseur. Pas "le" Raymond Touroul, un des plus rapide avec ce genre de machine dont les moteurs et boîtes étaient effectivement préparés chez Balsa, dans son très petit garage de Maisons Alfort. Le mécano de Balsa nous n'en connaissions pas le nom, mais sa maestria mécanique et son fort caractère appuyé par une pointe d'accent forçait notre respect. Je crois que tout le monde l'appelait Monsieur Raymond. Touroul au volant et Monsieur Raymond aux outils, il était très difficile de battre ce duo! J'en ai souvent fait l'expérience…
Sorry chaps, foreign affair but I know that at least EB and RB can understand this garbage!
Old 13 Dec 2022, 14:37 (Ref:4137016)   #9
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
an other photo with the Madrid car , my father with the cigarette with Armand Philippe the driver
Attached Thumbnails
Philippe A.jpg  
Old 14 Dec 2022, 00:54 (Ref:4137084)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can’t help with any details, but I would like to say that is a great photo.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 07:37 (Ref:4137103)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sure it is, it reminds the good ol'days when a driver could ask for a cigarette during the pitstop (works in Nascar: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._right_in_his/).

Bidochon, you've got a great collection of valuable dedicated pics. Congrats.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4137186)   #12
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
thank you , I have about sixty photos and archival documents of my father , about 10 years ago or more I opened a topic but I think everything has disappeared , maybe I could open a new post to show them to the amateurs if it may interest
Old 14 Dec 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4137187)   #13
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
I just found my post, it was fifteen years ago now but sorry it was not on Tentenths but on the Autosport forum, unfortunately the photos have disappeared https://forums.autosport.com/topic/9...her%20archives
Old 14 Dec 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4137197)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Je ne pense pas que ce soit un problème si vous continuez ici, bidochon. Si cela présente le moindre inconvénient, vous le saurez très vite, nos amis angalis sont cash!

Thanks to your post, EB emailed me a pic showing my facther too. I had a lot of archives but trusted a guy who was supposed to put everything on a digital support. This helped him to complete a book about Gordini and I just hope it will keep him warm in hell. Very hot I mean…
Old 14 Dec 2022, 18:35 (Ref:4137198)   #15
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
what a shame this guy !