Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 7 Dec 2022, 06:39 (Ref:4136316)   #601
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Now that the agents are sending out confirmations of camping tickets has anyone else got tertre rouge? At the moment i am beginning to think it is going to be very lonely there as not heard that any of the usual inhabitants have got any.
Yes, surprisingly good news for us, last I heard my regular neighbours were still in the dark though
Old 7 Dec 2022, 07:16 (Ref:4136317)   #602
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So the ACO have released them to agents but at the moment looks like we will have room to spare well see you in June Hedley
Old 7 Dec 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4136327)   #603
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Now that the agents are sending out confirmations of camping tickets has anyone else got tertre rouge? At the moment i am beginning to think it is going to be very lonely there as not heard that any of the usual inhabitants have got any.
1st Tickets are still asking clients to be patient with them while they work out what they have and what they can do.
Old 7 Dec 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4136334)   #604
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
So the ACO have released them to agents but at the moment looks like we will have room to spare well see you in June Hedley
Hopefully come June all the same people will be in all the same spots and we’ll be wondering what all the fuss was about. Just to the right of the main gate as you face the track with a silver Renault Traffic for me all being well.
Old 7 Dec 2022, 12:14 (Ref:4136336)   #605
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As many of the same spots will no longer exist I’m not so sure about that!
Old 7 Dec 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4136342)   #606
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As many of the same spots will no longer exist I’m not so sure about that!
Spots on TR, shameful what the ACO have done to other sites, I don’t think anyone would be remotely surprised if Tertre Rouge fell next
Old 7 Dec 2022, 14:13 (Ref:4136353)   #607
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
Hopefully come June all the same people will be in all the same spots and we’ll be wondering what all the fuss was about. Just to the right of the main gate as you face the track with a silver Renault Traffic for me all being well.
We are usually right behind you against the wall, Vince's Bright red gazebo with tertre rouge around the top was the easiest thing to spot along with the daimler last year but Vince has not be able to get TR this time so will be on Houx.
Old 7 Dec 2022, 18:39 (Ref:4136376)   #608
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
Spots on TR, shameful what the ACO have done to other sites, I don’t think anyone would be remotely surprised if Tertre Rouge fell next
Anything with a colour in the name is especially at risk
Old 8 Dec 2022, 09:51 (Ref:4136415)   #609
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is one just up on eBay - the first 2023 ticket I've seen on there. I'm not sure how much the tickets were originally, but I guess this is probably fairly inflated.... Offers are accepted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275570972...Bk9SR-KQ2o-eYQ
250 notes - wow! Just hope no one bites at that price, it's just obscene.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4136416)   #610
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
£250 for a BJ camping pass, not a bad as it cost euro 60 a few days ago.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4136423)   #611
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, there's going to be quite a bit of profiteering going on now, methinks..... But I intend to report anything I see for sale in the Tickets thread. (Ticketing chat in here please, not in the Tickets thread. Ta).
Old 8 Dec 2022, 10:59 (Ref:4136424)   #612
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I know we don't tend to discuss what is happening on other forums, but there have been tickets for sale on Pistonheads (although nothing much right now). What is becoming clear is that the agencies are now starting to advise their customers about what they have for them. As a result (as we've already suggested), the tickets people have bought from the ACO as back-up are coming up for sale. I think there'll be quite a lot of this. Anyone who is still needing tickets would be well advised to keep a search running on eBay and check PH regularly. CA is a total washout of a forum now (with all respect to it's regulars). Sadly it's a pale shadow of what it used to be.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4136433)   #613
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes agreed Andrew i suspect anyone still needing tickets/camping should keep an eye out both here and else where, the panic over the ACO methods and changes has meant that people have doubled up and what appears at present aa a total sell out will overthe next few weeks/months result in a glut of the less desieable sites appearing for sale, however the price of the more sort after sites will i fear reach dizy prices
Old 8 Dec 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4136439)   #614
Dominion
Rookie

Dominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
250 notes - wow! Just hope no one bites at that price, it's just obscene.
That’s disgusting. I noticed someone on the Beermountain group who was trying to find private camping but all his mates were on Beausejour so I sold him my spare at the ACO member rate I paid, although he kindly added a few beer tokens on off his own back.

It’s an entirely predictable mess the ACO have created here through lack of communication, scrambling around now for new campsite opportunities is ridiculous, although at least they are trying to accommodate.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4136464)   #615
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well clicked on the link for that bj camping and it has gone, either sold or taken down.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4136465)   #616
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi;4136411 in tickets thread
There is one just up on eBay - the first 2023 ticket I've seen on there. I'm not sure how much the tickets were originally, but I guess this is probably fairly inflated.... Offers are accepted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275570972...Bk9SR-KQ2o-eYQ
£250 or offers.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 8 Dec 2022 at 14:58.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 15:19 (Ref:4136467)   #617
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Well clicked on the link for that bj camping and it has gone, either sold or taken down.
Yep. Reasonable to assume he/she accepted an offer.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4136471)   #618
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I'm covered. A friend of mine bought an extra BSJ ticket. It's a darn long way away from everything, but we'll travel by van and bring bikes.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4136473)   #619
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I know we don't tend to discuss what is happening on other forums, but there have been tickets for sale on Pistonheads (although nothing much right now). What is becoming clear is that the agencies are now starting to advise their customers about what they have for them. As a result (as we've already suggested), the tickets people have bought from the ACO as back-up are coming up for sale. I think there'll be quite a lot of this. Anyone who is still needing tickets would be well advised to keep a search running on eBay and check PH regularly. CA is a total washout of a forum now (with all respect to it's regulars). Sadly it's a pale shadow of what it used to be.
CA suffered a grievous blow earlier this year with the sudden death of Tony Light, one of its mainstays over the years. I suspect the site is missing Tony as much as his friends are.

Well done though for setting this thread up that will benefit many we hope and perhaps go some way to mitigate the carambolage that the ACO have created.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 17:41 (Ref:4136495)   #620
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
CA suffered a grievous blow earlier this year with the sudden death of Tony Light, one of its mainstays over the years. I suspect the site is missing Tony as much as his friends are.

Well done though for setting this thread up that will benefit many we hope and perhaps go some way to mitigate the carambolage that the ACO have created.
What is CA?
Old 8 Dec 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4136496)   #621
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
club arnarge, one of the first le mans based web sites, they used to do a very good guide to le mans and were always a good source of info, but the site and forum have not been that active for a few years now
Old 8 Dec 2022, 18:05 (Ref:4136499)   #622
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah, thanks for that.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 23:05 (Ref:4136516)   #623
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I don't like to be the voice of good news but our agent order came through exactly as I'd wanted it, exactly as it's done since my first visit in 2007.
I'll see some of you there next year.
Old 9 Dec 2022, 08:01 (Ref:4136535)   #624
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

And, unforgivably, I neglected to include the passing of Jock Simpson a couple of years ago as also contributing substantially to the slowing down of Club Arnage. His Jox Jottings columns were always informed and anticipated.
Old 9 Dec 2022, 09:33 (Ref:4136540)   #625
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
... and perhaps go some way to mitigate the carambolage that the ACO have created.
Steady on SA some of us only have GCSE Grade C in both English and/or French.