Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Aug 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3292773)   #326
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In order for us used car experts(well we all think we are) to maximise the profit for Victor we will need to know what sells well in Romania so help from Dani and Victor required.
In the UK large euro barges are relatively cheap (big BMW's, S class mercs etc) and I think they are probably available in France to (over to our french friends) In general small cheap to run cars are relatively expensive compared to expensive luxury cards once they get past a certain age, but I would think that well made big cars are often still very reliable and choose well and you could get a good return.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3292785)   #327
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Why do you need to be on the autoroute at all?

If we go back to Victor's original issue, we're looking at paying not very much for a vehicle that will have resale value in Romania and will have Le Mans street cred, which says to me that a little fettling might be required along the way; none of that says the end user is going to really need to use a peage...
Good point Ian. We avoid the autoroute completely.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3292837)   #328
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's probably old news and I don't think it deserves it's own thread, so I'll put it here.
I love this: http://issuu.com/lemansracing/docs/le_mans_racing_77_gb
Good reading although I wish it was a hard copy available in English and in case you wonder printing is not a 'hard copy' I want to buy mine in a bookstore.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3293907)   #329
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
It's probably old news and I don't think it deserves it's own thread, so I'll put it here.
I love this: http://issuu.com/lemansracing/docs/le_mans_racing_77_gb
Good reading although I wish it was a hard copy available in English and in case you wonder printing is not a 'hard copy' I want to buy mine in a bookstore.
Can anyone spot the error on the front page?
Old 26 Aug 2013, 07:04 (Ref:3294027)   #330
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Do you mean the fact that the full report on the 2012 race might indicate that it is not really current
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3294702)   #331
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Do you mean the fact that the full report on the 2012 race might indicate that it is not really current
Not saying it's not current. Just looks like a typo to me.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3294712)   #332
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not saying it's not current. Just looks like a typo to me.
If that was a typo then as it was on the first line of the front page there might be a new editor or if not then perhaps they need to employ someone who can check a little better.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3294759)   #333
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If that was a typo then as it was on the first line of the front page there might be a new editor or if not then perhaps they need to employ someone who can check a little better.
I'd give them a break, covers should get a lot of attention in publishing, but an awful lot of the time they're left to the last minute and are shoved out the door to meet a print run, only to have the eagle eyed readership get thoroughly up in arms about it all.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3294813)   #334
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not exactly going to put us off reading it, is it.......?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3294888)   #335
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm not trying to give them a hard time. Nor would that put me off reading it. And to be honest I completely applaud anyone who puts something like this together. It can't be a real money maker.

It's just a shame. Same as the day-long list of errors in every Le Mans annual.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3294890)   #336
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's just a shame. Same as the day-long list of errors in every Le Mans annual.
Yes and still I keep buying them. Anyone got a copy of 1983, 1985 and 1986 for sale?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3294905)   #337
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Yes and still I keep buying them. Anyone got a copy of 1983, 1985 and 1986 for sale?
'86 is next on my list too.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3294909)   #338
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Does this mean you already got a copy of '83 and '85? They keep coming up on eBay once in a while but mostly 300 euros or more and that is not an amount of money I want to spend on them.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3294931)   #339
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Does this mean you already got a copy of '83 and '85? They keep coming up on eBay once in a while but mostly 300 euros or more and that is not an amount of money I want to spend on them.
No I've worked my way backwards. The more affordable way I think. But I don't want to leave a gap I can't fill so right now it's '87-'12.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3294960)   #340
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do they really go for that much!? Time for a raid of dad's loft methinks.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3294991)   #341
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Unfortunately I was the one who drew my old man into racing...
Old 28 Aug 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3295134)   #342
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The editions of '83 '85 and '86 are pretty rare apparently and fetch silly money indeed. And therefore my collection will probably have 3 gaps in it for ever.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3295185)   #343
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I have 85 and 86. The original price is noted inside the dust jacket of each. 1985: 240FF, 1986 250FF. Both are French language versions in the familiar format.

I also have "The Le Mans 24 hour Race 1978" and "The Le Mans 24 Hour Race 1949-1973", both English language versions, both in the usual format, both edited by Moity & Tesseidre.

Before you ask: no, they're not for sale!
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3295282)   #344
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have the full set - from the start. In all languages. All in pristine unopened condition.

On occasions, I may not be 100% truthful........

But I do wish well.....

I only have 2003. But it was brand new, unopened - and I paid 99p for it......
Old 30 Aug 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3296310)   #345
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Speaking of parting with cash - has anyone got their hands on this yet?

http://www.dukevideo.com/prd3764/Le-Mans-2013-DVD

I had no idea it was out. Obviously it's going to be a bittersweet one to watch. Seems it's in the same great four-hour format as the last couple. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray to come out next month but I think RLM have a discount code 'LeMans13'.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3296340)   #346
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hey! Thanks for the heads-up!

That discount code works and is well worth having.....
Old 31 Aug 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3296500)   #347
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll wait for the Blu-Ray too .
Thanks for the shout and the code!
Old 31 Aug 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3296535)   #348
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Hopefully the code will be usable for the Bluray too.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3296536)   #349
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is, and it's already on sale!: (That's on sale, as pre-order)
http://www.dukevideo.com/prd3765/Le-Mans-2013-Blu-ray

Just ordered mine!
Old 31 Aug 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3296538)   #350
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yep the code gives you a nice little saving on the Blu-Ray too.