Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 May 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3903913)   #1
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Cheese New things for 2019 raceweek

I was looking for this thread but only came across the 2018 version....
Old 15 May 2019, 23:41 (Ref:3904050)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I bought one of these:
https://nerdtechy.com/doss-traveler-speaker-review

And will get one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 16 May 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3904091)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are those to defend your ears from the speaker Vince? :P
Old 16 May 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3904096)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vince, I can highly recommend those ear defenders, I have the exact same ones.

This will be my third Le Mans with mine. I've owned two sets of radio ear defenders prior to these (my first set was purchased in around 2005 or 2006) and tried others over the years belonging to friends as well. These are, without doubt, the best I've tried. Radio volume is good, they are comfortable, and they cope brilliantly with those parts of the circuit where we know radio reception can be a bit dodgy (close to the electricity pylons at Mulsanne, for example). And last year, Ayse also bought himself a pair of these, (I believe) he too is extremely happy with them.

I know they're not the cheapest, but In my opinion, you can buy these with complete confidence mate!
Old 16 May 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3904120)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They keep your ears warm in the event of snow/hail as well.
Old 16 May 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3904158)   #6
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Vince, I can highly recommend those ear defenders, I have the exact same ones.
These are, without doubt, the best I've tried. And last year, Ayse also bought himself a pair of these, (I believe) he too is extremely happy with them.
I asked Ayse which eardefenders he uses, he mentioned you set him on the right track, yes.
Thanks for reconfirming my (soon to be) choice of purchase
Old 16 May 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3904188)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
James, as I said to Vincent, there'll be plenty of them at LM this year as I bought James and Lauren a pair each for Xmas......
Old 16 May 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3904202)   #8
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What kind of material is the 'wrap foam' arround the ear made of, mine works fine but ir is made of plastic and nit very comfortabele.
Old 16 May 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3904219)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure how James would describe it, but it's like a rubberised plastic. Very pliable and quite comfortable. Better than the covering on my previous ones that tended to get quite sweaty.
Attached Thumbnails
phones.jpg  
Old 16 May 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3904221)   #10
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm not sure how James would describe it, but it's like a rubberised plastic. Very pliable and quite comfortable. Better than the covering on my previous ones that tended to get quite sweaty.
It's the sweaty I don't like indeed. How do these digital ones perform, my analog sometimes on the grandstand
broadcasts the circuit speaker for no reason.
Old 16 May 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3904223)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very good. A big improvement on my previous ones that I'd had for about 6-7 years. They would lose signal completely at various points in T17 and of course out at Mulsanne under the pylons. The new ones gave me an unbroken signal everywhere I went.
Old 17 May 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3904387)   #12
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Are those to defend your ears from the speaker Vince? :P
It could be a good idea!!!
Old 20 May 2019, 08:28 (Ref:3904814)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
It has arrived. First impressions:
Pros: good blocking of external sound (haven't tried it trackside yet of course, but seems to be very good), good sound quality, sturdy built quality.
Cons: a bit on the small and tight side. It sits very snugly around my head. A few extra mms extra adjustment possibility would have been nice.
Old 20 May 2019, 21:59 (Ref:3904982)   #14
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pros: good blocking of external sound (haven't tried it trackside yet of course, but seems to be very good), good sound quality, sturdy built quality.
Cons: a bit on the small and tight side. It sits very snugly around my head. A few extra mms extra adjustment possibility would have been nice.
Have you considered less hair gel?
Old 21 May 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3905043)   #15
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I think you mean two-component glue.
But the answer is NO.
Old 21 May 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3905070)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well was looking at buying a new chair this year but tight as ever decided to attempt a repair, my mother was a seamstress but i never inherited her skills so should give everyone in the campsite a laugh but will see if it lasts a week.
Old 21 May 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3905074)   #17
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I would like to think it's adjustable but maybe it's already maxed out?

Re sweaty headphones: there are soft covers available (try amazon/ebay/similar), makes them much more comfortable to wear, I prefer 'm trackside, especially after taking over the phones from one of my fellow marshals on a warm day!
Old 21 May 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3905099)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well was looking at buying a new chair this year but tight as ever decided to attempt a repair, my mother was a seamstress but i never inherited her skills so should give everyone in the campsite a laugh but will see if it lasts a week.
I must admit I've bought a new chair. Millets were selling some rather smart Eurohike chairs at the weekend for £18 each so we bought three - for myself plus nipper and his girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I would like to think it's adjustable but maybe it's already maxed out?

Re sweaty headphones: there are soft covers available (try amazon/ebay/similar), makes them much more comfortable to wear, I prefer 'm trackside, especially after taking over the phones from one of my fellow marshals on a warm day!
There isn't the adjustability that my old ones had but it's plenty enough for me and I've certainly been accused of having quite a large noggin in the past.....
Old 21 May 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3905106)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I like my old chair, directors style and solid so always easier to get up out of when tired or slightly merry
Old 21 May 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3905126)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've checked my headphones and there is about an inch of adjustability to them.....
Old 24 May 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3905574)   #21
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a decent reclining camping chair, but some mice took a liking to it... I might try and repair it..! I think it just about managed okay last year..
Old 3 Jun 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3907709)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just discovered i left my hi vis jacket under the floor mat in the old jag when i sold it, so must get new one before i leave next week
Old 3 Jun 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3907718)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
...and you can show your support for Bykolles by wearing it at the circuit!
Old 3 Jun 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3907722)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Now that is a good idea.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 09:04 (Ref:3908236)   #25
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Harsh, but true..