Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Feb 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4197430)   #576
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I always send d*ck pics to female colleagues when I'm under pressure from senior management. It's how I cope, as a man.
Wait, that's not proper procedure?? Damn, where's the unsend button?
Old 20 Feb 2024, 13:45 (Ref:4197443)   #577
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I always send d*ck pics to female colleagues when I'm under pressure from senior management. It's how I cope, as a man.
Click image for larger version

Name:	unsolicited.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	79322
Old 20 Feb 2024, 13:54 (Ref:4197445)   #578
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Better than the usual Nixon I see used there
Old 20 Feb 2024, 14:17 (Ref:4197451)   #579
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's a dastardly thing to do......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3324.jpg  
Old 21 Feb 2024, 08:41 (Ref:4197577)   #580
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Only when you are thinking "Drat, drat and double drat!"
Old 21 Feb 2024, 12:27 (Ref:4197603)   #581
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those that followed the morning of testing in Bahrain will have witnessed what many hoped would not happen. Very early days yet but an ominous start for Max and Red Bull. They finished the morning session comfortably clear (0.7) of Ferrari and Aston a further 0.2 shy.
Max's morning best of 1:32.548 on medium rubber was faster than last years fastest Bahrain GP P1 time of a 1:32.758.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 14:02 (Ref:4197617)   #582
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh great........
Old 21 Feb 2024, 14:10 (Ref:4197619)   #583
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
No worries, everyone else is just running their program and looking to get BoP bump for the next round.

Oh wait, wrong side of the forum
Old 21 Feb 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4197623)   #584
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lando went faster and Max was obviously unimpressed.... he went out on mediums and did a 1:31.662, over 0.8 faster than Lando had managed.

To put that in perspective that is faster than anyone managed in P3 last year at the GP here. In fact if he finds another tenth he will do a time that would have got him through to Q2 in qualy.

Quite impressive given he is still running mediums, and its still day 1 of testing.

Mind you, I am not sure if they weigh the cars officially in testing these days. He certainly seems to have thrown any sandbags out.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 15:50 (Ref:4197634)   #585
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pah, Mercedes and Ferrari are sandbagging!
Old 21 Feb 2024, 16:00 (Ref:4197636)   #586
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
Yes. Like they did for the last 2 full seasons. RBR are being lulled into a false sense of security after their last 40 race wins.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 16:06 (Ref:4197637)   #587
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
with a race next week, do teams really have much opportunity or incentive to sandbag any more?

for sure, teams and drivers are working their way up to full speed, concentrating on their own programs etc...but to sandbag and risk compromising one's own data?

seems like a risky play for little reward?
Old 21 Feb 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4197641)   #588
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post

There's plenty of sand surrounding the track with which to fill a few bags.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 21:43 (Ref:4198249)   #589
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the assumption that it is internal (Mateschitz vs. Yoovidhya) disagreements within Red Bull (larger company, not the RBR team) that is preventing quick resolution and is allowing the Horner drama to drag on and on, I wonder if it will ultimately be pressure from Ford that forces a resolution. I can imagine that behind the scenes Ford might be saying "You need to get this right whichever way it goes, and quickly." That the outcome needs to be defensible when under the eventual scrutiny it will get and NOT appear to be any type of a whitewashing.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...tion/10579813/

Richard
Old 25 Feb 2024, 23:33 (Ref:4198256)   #590
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull was willing to lose the Porsche deal because it didn't suit them. I doubt they are going to allow Ford to strong arm them into anything that doesn't suit them either.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 00:16 (Ref:4198259)   #591
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
Red Bull was willing to lose the Porsche deal because it didn't suit them. I doubt they are going to allow Ford to strong arm them into anything that doesn't suit them either.
I think a falling out due to Ford not having confidence the issue was handled correctly would be significantly damning PR issue as it would imply ethical issues. The Porsche deal was a failed business deal as they couldn't agree to terms. I don't think the two are really comparable. But stranger things have happened. Who knows, maybe Red Bull is willing to burn bridges with Ford. I doubt it, but I am curious to watch how this plays out. It is dragging on.

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2024, 01:48 (Ref:4198267)   #592
Richard C
Veteran

So the letter from Ford was not an open letter via press release, but at the same time, apparently it leaked. I have to wonder if it was leaked on purpose. A quote from the letter that seem pretty forceful is...

"As we have indicated previously, without satisfactory response, Ford’s values are non-negotiable."

Ouch.

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2024, 03:49 (Ref:4198276)   #593
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Honda: "Baby come back"
Old 26 Feb 2024, 05:14 (Ref:4198283)   #594
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As we are all guessing at this point mine is that Red Bull want to keep Horner.To make that work they need the dispute to be settled.The complainant is either after justice rather than money or more money than they are willing to offer.
If there really was nothing to see here I’m sure it would have been resolved before testing.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 13:42 (Ref:4198342)   #595
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ford isn't really in a position to argue ANY of this as ethical concerns, their own corporate structure is a dumpster fire of stupid
Old 26 Feb 2024, 13:58 (Ref:4198346)   #596
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When you hold the money, you can say what you like.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 17:25 (Ref:4198371)   #597
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ford isn't really in a position to argue ANY of this as ethical concerns, their own corporate structure is a dumpster fire of stupid
I really don't follow domestic car manufactures at all, so I really have no idea what you are calling out. I think I saw a mention that Ford has had some issues with similar claims over the past few years. If so, that is exactly why Ford would be calling this out. Because I assume Ford might be trying to either rehabilitate their image and/or prevent this from rubbing off on them given issues in their recent past. So they can point a finger and say "this is not who we are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
And that is why they are likely to listen. The alternative is... Red Bull Powertrains (RBPT) finds someone else (i.e. Red Bull itself) to help pay for 2026 power unit development.

The problem at this point is that it is taking so long to resolve. That allows for this level of speculation and doubt to continue to fester. It's amazing they have let it go on for so long. Do they want it to linger into the first race weekend? Will the media accept the polite "Sorry, I can't really talk about this" from Horner for much longer? Will we see a trainwreck of a press conference where they push him harder for answers?

Richard
Old 27 Feb 2024, 04:55 (Ref:4198434)   #598
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They agreed on an engine deal. I really doubt Red Bull will allow Ford to have a veto on Christian Horner, Newey , Max or anyone important on the team.
Old 27 Feb 2024, 05:46 (Ref:4198436)   #599
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
They agreed on an engine deal. I really doubt Red Bull will allow Ford to have a veto on Christian Horner, Newey , Max or anyone important on the team.
I don't think Ford is asking for veto rights on team staffing? Red Bull can do whatever they want. But there may be consequences if they choose poorly and it reflects badly upon Ford.

If the leak is accurate, I think Ford is saying that Red Bull needs to get their crap together. And that the two need to be aligned with respect to corporate values. That Red Bull run the risk of drama with Ford if they don't handle this in a way that plays well in the public eye. Ford doesn't want to get dragged in the mud if Red Bull screws this up.

Richard
Old 27 Feb 2024, 05:48 (Ref:4198437)   #600
Richard C
Veteran

Reports are that this may be settled within the next few days. Maybe as early as today (Tuesday).

Richard