Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:29 (Ref:4114027)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They goofed by going for pole. Zero sympathy here.
I gotta agree, take the extra power improve lap time by a second or two, everybody seems satisfied, then unleash in the race!
Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:33 (Ref:4114030)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just soooo obvious.....

The real question now is whether Glickenhaus played it more carefully.....
Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:48 (Ref:4114034)   #53
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So basically they were allowed to go for pole, and now back to normal....
What's more funny, the ACO took away more power than they gave them before hyperpole
Old 10 Jun 2022, 17:54 (Ref:4114063)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
What's more funny, the ACO took away more power than they gave them before hyperpole
You make your bed and then you have to lie in it, as they say.....
Old 10 Jun 2022, 21:15 (Ref:4114103)   #55
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the 2022 24 Hours of Le Mans is ….. Toyota
Watching thé free practice yesterday evening I was thinking that we will have a bloody good race. But Alpine has been too close to Toyota and thé WEC correct it straight away. If Toyota do not finish thé race leading by 8 / 10 laps, it is not possible.
I am feeling that I have been robbed here. We will ser on sunday at 16:00 but I am really feeling that it will be an easy one for Toyota Again.
A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire…

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10 Jun 2022, 22:00 (Ref:4114109)   #56
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
Watching thé free practice yesterday evening I was thinking that we will have a bloody good race. But Alpine has been too close to Toyota and thé WEC correct it straight away. If Toyota do not finish thé race leading by 8 / 10 laps, it is not possible.
I am feeling that I have been robbed here. We will ser on sunday at 16:00 but I am really feeling that it will be an easy one for Toyota Again.
A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire…

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

At the moment biggest toyota rival is their own reliability.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 01:02 (Ref:4114116)   #57
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

The real question now is whether Glickenhaus played it more carefully.....
Hasn't it been quiet on that front? I have not seen any comments from Mr. Glickenhaus in the media during the week.
Has anyone?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 01:05 (Ref:4114117)   #58
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
At the moment biggest toyota rival is their own reliability.
Makes it intriguing!
Old 11 Jun 2022, 01:20 (Ref:4114118)   #59
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Hasn't it been quiet on that front? I have not seen any comments from Mr. Glickenhaus in the media during the week.
Has anyone?
Well he did sell access to a Whatsapp group with team talk and news for LM week with the top tier sponsor packages so he might limit it to there for now
Old 11 Jun 2022, 01:35 (Ref:4114121)   #60
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Kind of a shame, that. For the Americans his is the home team.

Well, and Penske's LMP2 jaunt.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 06:55 (Ref:4114141)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Has anyone?
I just heard that they weren't going for pole as they knew they didn't have that kind of top speed. Quiet is good I reckon - keep your powder dry. If they get a reliable run with one or both cars, they could surprise a few people.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 07:51 (Ref:4114147)   #62
tomcug
Veteran

If that was the case, clearly a very clever choice. I guess they didn't need some extra weight as a result of post-quali BOP adjustment

Quote:
Watching thé free practice yesterday evening I was thinking that we will have a bloody good race. But Alpine has been too close to Toyota and thé WEC correct it straight away.
They were too greedy, it's not wise to put a 3:24 lap (faster than they did last year with 600 hp!) in a grandfathered LMP1 car. The risk for negative BOP was there.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 08:14 (Ref:4114151)   #63
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
I just heard that they weren't going for pole as they knew they didn't have that kind of top speed. Quiet is good I reckon - keep your powder dry. If they get a reliable run with one or both cars, they could surprise a few people.
That is the sort of commentary I expected to show up in the press from someone who caught up with him for a comment.

Something along the lines of 'we came to race,' or such.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 08:18 (Ref:4114153)   #64
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
They were too greedy, it's not wise to put a 3:24 lap (faster than they did last year with 600 hp!) in a grandfathered LMP1 car. The risk for negative BOP was there.
It all feels like carefully coordinated dance, or better yet chess, knowingly ending up exactly where you want to be.

Last edited by skycafe; 11 Jun 2022 at 08:18. Reason: Clarity
Old 11 Jun 2022, 08:47 (Ref:4114158)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a shame we've had a bit of meddling, let's just hope it doesn't affect the race too much and there can be a good battle for the win
Old 11 Jun 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4114179)   #66
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Toyota is the only professional protoype team with F1-level facilities and the prerequisite 80m EUR budget AFAIK. Why shouldn't they win until other comparable teams appear, as opposed to privateers (Glickenhaus) and glorified privateers (i.e., when there is a real Alpine designed & built at Enstone with an engine designed in Viry instead of a rebranded customer car with a customer engine)?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4114186)   #67
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Toyota is the only professional protoype team with F1-level facilities and the prerequisite 80m EUR budget AFAIK. Why shouldn't they win until other comparable teams appear, as opposed to privateers (Glickenhaus) and glorified privateers (i.e., when there is a real Alpine designed & built at Enstone with an engine designed in Viry instead of a rebranded customer car with a customer engine)?

LM 2018 to 2022 in a nutshell.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4114195)   #68
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
+1
Old 11 Jun 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4114202)   #69
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alpine pretty sanguine about it in the RLM interview just now.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4114349)   #70
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
No but it was overtaken just a while ago, and there was nothing it could do.

And everybody is 30+ seconds behind Corvette.

Talk about getting BoP right...
Has it ever been THAT far off?
It sure seems like a miss on the GTE Pro BOP. And honestly, the way Toyota pulls away it doesn't look to good either. It is a little worrisome when looking forward when more cars will be joining the Hypercar class.

Or am I foreseing things way to negative?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 16:48 (Ref:4114353)   #71
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
It sure seems like a miss on the GTE Pro BOP. And honestly, the way Toyota pulls away it doesn't look to good either. It is a little worrisome when looking forward when more cars will be joining the Hypercar class.

I think GTE-Pro is even worse than Hypercar (and even that was a mess) especially considering how close it used to be.

Luckily there is LMP2 and GTE-Am to enjoy.

--

I am not too optimistic about them getting it right in the future either.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4114370)   #72
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
It is a little worrisome when looking forward when more cars will be joining the Hypercar class.

It seems that way. Some say the Oreca-Gibson LMP1 version used to be a lot faster which is true, but the TS050H also used to be a lot faster!

It would seem unfair to penalise Toyota for building a car to the new, slower set of regulations at considerable expense, by 'adjusting' other cars built to either the old faster regulations or on a much smaller budget to be just as fast or faster.

LMDh vs LMH will likely create many games mind you, especially when the LMDh regulations are theoretically much cheaper.

NB: I am all for LMP2 & LMP1 (both LMH & LMDh) being one class with straight-forward chassis and engine rules, where the chassis and engines need to be homologated and sold to privateers for a fixed price, where ALL the LMP cars can compete with a chance for outright victory (whether it's a Toyota-Toyota combo being run by the works Toyota team or by a private team, a Multimatic-Mazda combo, a Oreca-Gisbon combo or whatever).

IMSA are not blameless, it's like they don't want privateers with a generic Oreca-Gibson competing with the Oreca-Acura or Dallara-Cadillac for outright victory. But it would be such a rich field if all the prototypes were in the same class IMO!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 11 Jun 2022 at 17:23.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4114380)   #73
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
IMSA are not blameless, it's like they don't want privateers with a generic Oreca-Gibson competing with the Oreca-Acura or Dallara-Cadillac for outright victory.
Indeed, they don't want that. But Acura and Cadillac don't want that either.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4114381)   #74
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
It would seem unfair to penalise Toyota for building a car to the new, slower set of regulations at considerable expense, by 'adjusting' other cars built to either the old faster regulations or on a much smaller budget to be just as fast or faster.
BOP is supposed to equalize cars, no matter that some of them are multi-million prototypes built by major manufacturers and others are much cheaper private efforts. What the ACO does has nothing to do with performance balancing, just try to get too close to the Toyotas and you get a penalty incoming immediately. And it's not about penalizing Toyotas, they're not in any way. It's about the others not having any chances to compete with them.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 17:26 (Ref:4114384)   #75
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As also mentioned earlier in this thread, there is no doubt about Toyotas experience, facilities and financiel investment but should this matter in a BOP class?

Does this mean LMDh will get a "bad" BOP because they are cheaper? Will Porsche then get a better BOP because of their history and experience contra Caddilac who I'll expect will rely on Dallara to design their car?

The old Rebe...Alpine should not have been allowed to race imo, but Glickenhaus made a car for the new rules just as Toyota did. Did they spend the same amount of money as Toyota? No, but when has that been a requirement for a good BOP in a BOP class?

I am not sure if the hybrid of the Toyota is makeing the difference in traffic, but as I remember it the hybrid deployment have been nerfed somewhat?

Anyway, I look forward to all the new manufactores, I just fear how difficult it will be to make a "fair" BOP for everybody. Especielly at Le Mans.