Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4113610)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Fortunately or not, IndyCar results are easy to avoid, but this race will be done by 9 your time so stop complaining
If only I had no other concerns!
Old 8 Jun 2022, 17:50 (Ref:4113613)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good amount of "cloud release" on the front stretch.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 17:54 (Ref:4113614)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good amount of "cloud release" on the front stretch.
The non-sun has indeed hastened and robs many teams from putting in a fast attempt at hyperpole.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4113616)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, cut it a little short for sure.

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but what's the deal with how close all the cars in their pitbox? Does it have to do with some recent circuit changes? If so, you'd think they'd improve that...

I'm a bit claustrophobic so it makes me nervous
Old 8 Jun 2022, 18:43 (Ref:4113622)   #55
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fassbender can't act his way out of this one!! Didn't have a clue he was entered. That stinks. Hate it for him and the team. Lots of work to get the #93 put back together as that looks like a proper hit
I’d love to know the bill he’s racked up with Porsche since this adventure started, must be into the millions now…however I doubt he’s paying for it
Old 8 Jun 2022, 18:59 (Ref:4113627)   #56
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
I’d love to know the bill he’s racked up with Porsche since this adventure started, must be into the millions now…however I doubt he’s paying for it
This one clearly wasn't his fault, something broke on the rear of the car while he was going straight and the car snapped on him.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4113629)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
This one clearly wasn't his fault, something broke on the rear of the car while he was going straight and the car snapped on him.
Is that what happened? I thought he lost it under braking or maybe had too much rear brake?
Old 8 Jun 2022, 19:32 (Ref:4113632)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Is that what happened? I thought he lost it under braking or maybe had too much rear brake?
I think on the replays i saw, I could see some smoke from one of the rear corners like suspension broke and bottomed out, or maybe even a tire let go. I don't know if he was braking but was nearing the breaking zone. The car swung around pretty violently, making a car issue even more likely.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4113637)   #59
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Quote:
I think on the replays i saw, I could see some smoke from one of the rear corners like suspension broke and bottomed out, or maybe even a tire let go. I don't know if he was braking but was nearing the breaking zone. The car swung around pretty violently, making a car issue even more likely.
Of course I was wrong. From DSC:

Quote:
Michael Fassbender lost the rear of the #93 Proton Competition Porsche under heavy braking going into the first Mulsanne chicane, a big frontal shunt to the driver’s right Armco red flagging the session. Seemingly a driver error, the Irish Bronze driver was thankfully unhurt.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 21:32 (Ref:4113643)   #60
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Why are the GTE times so much slower than last year?
Old 9 Jun 2022, 01:00 (Ref:4113652)   #61
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can see some differences in the BoP, but nothing is jumping out at me. See the BoP thread:

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...52#post4113652
Old 9 Jun 2022, 01:04 (Ref:4113654)   #62
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I notice on the test day RLM commented that it looks like Glick will be about to now match the Toyota stint lengths. Which bodes well for the race.

Not looked at stint lengths myself yet. I’ll try and see what people have been doing before the race.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 01:45 (Ref:4113657)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Steering wheel change in Glick in FP2. I think they did that in the test day to to fix a problem?

Hartley had another off in FP2.

So a couple of repeats for the leading contenders.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 03:08 (Ref:4113659)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Top Speeds (Wednesday)

Below is some simple analysis of the top speeds achieved by each car through Wednesday.

These charts show the best top speed measured. So it might only be one lap it was achieved.
  • Alpine is a 9km/h down on the Toyota and Glickenhaus
  • Quite interesting to see such variation across LMP2 Orecas. Ligier, well whatever.
  • Tight in GTE Pro, with Porsche with the slight advantage
  • Porsche also has the advantage in GTE Am. More cars, more variation in this class.
Attached Thumbnails
Top Speed.png   Top Speed Car variation.png  
Old 9 Jun 2022, 04:02 (Ref:4113660)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Putting in the hard miles (Wednesday)

That's all very well I hear you cry, but who's doing the work. Who's getting laps under their belt to work their car and get ready.
  • Alpine are a little behind Toyota and Glickenhaus.
  • Well done #23. Lots of laps.
  • #51 AF Course leads the way - trying to make up for the lack of time for #52?
  • Astons doing the work in GTE-Am. But the Ferrari has the numbers.

A few different views here depending on whether you care about a car, a team, or laps by a manufacturer.
Attached Thumbnails
Test Laps (a).png   Test Laps (b).png  
Attached Images

Old 9 Jun 2022, 07:13 (Ref:4113676)   #66
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Toyota looking good after taking provisional pole in the tricky conditions. However Glick being fastest in the night time session is a good sign for them.

Fassbender becomes a car bender. He needs to do better.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 08:52 (Ref:4113687)   #67
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
If Glick does well in this race, surely another team (that we've been hearing about for a while) would finally pull the trigger and get a chassis for themselves to race.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4113697)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Below is some simple analysis of the top speeds achieved by each car through Wednesday.

These charts show the best top speed measured. So it might only be one lap it was achieved.
What is Duqueine doing that has their speed so high???? did they unlock the secret of the Oreca nobody else has figured out yet?
Old 9 Jun 2022, 12:49 (Ref:4113704)   #69
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
What is Duqueine doing that has their speed so high???? did they unlock the secret of the Oreca nobody else has figured out yet?
Cheat mode on the Gibson?

Or the worlds greatest tow? I could look if that was an outlier.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 12:50 (Ref:4113705)   #70
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FP3 is about to get going, however I have to in to a meeting for the next hour. However the joys from working from home means I can have the pictures on my phone while partaking in the meeting.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 12:57 (Ref:4113706)   #71
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The start to FP3 is delayed, looks like some barrier repairs going possible on the exit of Arnage
Old 9 Jun 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4113709)   #72
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BoP adjustment for Alpine. Small power bump.

https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/...hyperpole.html
Old 9 Jun 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4113710)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Should start at ten past. Maybe earlier if possible.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4113711)   #74
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

• Alpine is a 9km/h down on the Toyota and Glickenhaus
  • Quite interesting to see such variation across LMP2 Orecas. Ligier, well whatever.
  • Tight in GTE Pro, with Porsche with the slight advantage
  • Porsche also has the advantage in GTE Am. More cars, more variation in this class.
Interesting to see the #7 Yoda 1k off the other three and even though the speeds are VERY down from the max speed ever on Mulsane, just over 200 MPH for Hyper cars and over 180 MPH is still fun stuff.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4113713)   #75
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans