Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 14 May 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4156005)   #1026
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes with more big names turning up next year i suspecr 2024 will also be quiet popular
Old 14 May 2023, 19:45 (Ref:4156037)   #1027
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I bought mine direct from the ACO in the two parts, entry and grandstand and then a month or so later the parking. In each case the tickets were delivered about a week later. I elected to have paper rather than electronic tickets although I do have a couple of additional electronic tickets.

It's fairly late to be trying to source tickets?
It is, but like many, I didn't expect this ticket storm and just missed out on two GE tickets. A good friend at least managed to get us a Beausejour camp spot already.
So we've been hunting for these for months. Ran into mostly scammers up untill now.
Someone is currently offering us two GE's for 260 euro's, which is cheap, concerning.
Thing is, how does one transfer digital tickets? Hence my question here.
Old 14 May 2023, 19:49 (Ref:4156039)   #1028
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
there are now numerous tickets on ebay, some a silly prices but other coming on will more realistic prices suspect more will appear over the next few days
Old 14 May 2023, 20:11 (Ref:4156058)   #1029
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Thing is, how does one transfer digital tickets? Hence my question here.
Digital tickets are received by email so they can be forwarded by email from seller to buyer. You just have to hope the buyer is honest and doesn't sell and forward the same ticket multiple times.
Old 15 May 2023, 06:15 (Ref:4156181)   #1030
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Digital tickets are received by email so they can be forwarded by email from seller to buyer. You just have to hope the buyer is honest and doesn't sell and forward the same ticket multiple times.
Interestingly, when logging in to your account to print your digital e-tickets, you're invited to fill in the name and DOB etc for the person you have allocated the ticket to, which apparently needs to match their ID (passport/driving licence/ID card I assume) in order for that person to gain entry, otherwise it appears to default to the account holder's name/details. It's all a bit confusing (or maybe it's just me ), because paper tickets sent by the ACO will not have a specific person assigned to individual tickets.

I also note that when printing my parking pass, there is a note saying that the e-ticket printout will need to be exchanged for a sticker at the gate. That leads me to wonder if they are backtracking on their decision to mail out the stickers.

I wish they'd mail out the member's enclosure wristbands in advance, like they did in 2021, that was a wonderful piece of proactive thinking by the ACO.
Old 15 May 2023, 07:00 (Ref:4156184)   #1031
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Interestingly, when logging in to your account to print your digital e-tickets, you're invited to fill in the name and DOB etc for the person you have allocated the ticket to, which apparently needs to match their ID (passport/driving licence/ID card I assume) in order for that person to gain entry, otherwise it appears to default to the account holder's name/details. It's all a bit confusing (or maybe it's just me ), because paper tickets sent by the ACO will not have a specific person assigned to individual tickets.
ACO.
But will they actually go to the trouble of checking e-tickets against formal ID when you get there? It sounds like a recipe for generating massive queues....

Quote:

I wish they'd mail out the member's enclosure wristbands in advance, like they did in 2021, that was a wonderful piece of proactive thinking by the ACO.
I'm guessing they decided that this was just too sensible and risked damaging their reputation for disorganisation.....

Quote:
I also note that when printing my parking pass, there is a note saying that the e-ticket printout will need to be exchanged for a sticker at the gate. That leads me to wonder if they are backtracking on their decision to mail out the stickers.
I saw that too but I seem to recall that the email about the stickers came after I ordered and printed my parking e-ticket? In fact, having checked - long after - 5th April I got the email. I thought it was the ACO being sensible and reducing hassle at the gate by mailing the stickers in advance.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 15 May 2023 at 07:07.
Old 15 May 2023, 07:13 (Ref:4156186)   #1032
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FWIW Travel Destinations do just this. You get your tickets via mail, then when you arrive you exchange your camping ticket for a sticker. As an aside the sticker then remains for nearly a year because it's so difficult to remove!
Old 15 May 2023, 07:19 (Ref:4156187)   #1033
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I've only just removed the ticket holders from last year from my windscreen!

I just wish that if the ACO tell you they're going to do something, then change their mind, they'd tell us. It's a bit like the huge changes they made to camping and parking for this year but didn't think the members deserved to be told in advance so that we went pretty much 'blind' into the ticketing process....
Old 15 May 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4156204)   #1034
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You gonna keep those ticket holders somewhere safe as a souvenir Ayse?

Yes, you would think the ACO would tell you if things change. Even if not everyone sees it, there should be that bit of info somewhere. Sod's law I guess
Old 15 May 2023, 10:00 (Ref:4156215)   #1035
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, but I have the tickets themselves....
Old 15 May 2023, 15:00 (Ref:4156268)   #1036
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone received their parking tickets yet? From the ACO that is, not ticket agencies.
Old 15 May 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4156272)   #1037
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not me
Old 15 May 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4156304)   #1038
Zwitter
Rookie

Zwitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have camping (valid from 2nd to 11th June on TR), but the entrance tickets cover Tue, Wed, Thurs, and miss out the Friday entirely. I'd take that to mean that we can't leave the circuit and re-enter during Friday?
Old 16 May 2023, 06:36 (Ref:4156344)   #1039
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Anyone received their parking tickets yet? From the ACO that is, not ticket agencies.
You mean the stickers? I had my hard copy parking tickets a week or so after ordering them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwitter View Post
We have camping (valid from 2nd to 11th June on TR), but the entrance tickets cover Tue, Wed, Thurs, and miss out the Friday entirely. I'd take that to mean that we can't leave the circuit and re-enter during Friday?
I fear that's correct, however how well it will be enforced I don't know.
Old 16 May 2023, 08:05 (Ref:4156352)   #1040
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect there will be a whole world of turmoil on the Friday with people camping in places like Houx (or TR?) who don't have Friday tickets and the campsite is within the boundary.

Will they also add in re-checks of tickets on the gate from the camp to the circuit (where they normally just do a bag check) on the Friday?
Old 16 May 2023, 08:30 (Ref:4156355)   #1041
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think it will be difficult on friday. But if your ticket does not cover friday then just to be safe stay within the GE area, if You need to pick up supplies then either gat a nieghbour to get it when they get thiers or borrow a full race ticket from them, TR is a site where you will know most of the people on there as they were in almost exactly the same pitch as last year.
Old 16 May 2023, 10:42 (Ref:4156367)   #1042
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd hope that if you flash your camping ticket alongside the GA ticket that common sense would prevail. Certainly in cases where you're leaving the site to return - e.g. for the parade. Just a mad situation and, as with many things in life, it could all depend on who you end up dealing with.
Old 16 May 2023, 10:46 (Ref:4156369)   #1043
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The ACO has moved most of the campsites outside the GE area these days so itwill only effect those the small campsites left inside the GE area.
Old 16 May 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4156370)   #1044
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You mean the stickers? I had my hard copy parking tickets a week or so after ordering them.
Didn't you get your tickets from an agency? I asked about the ACO issued permits.
Old 16 May 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4156371)   #1045
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think it will be difficult on friday. But if your ticket does not cover friday then just to be safe stay within the GE area, if You need to pick up supplies then either gat a nieghbour to get it when they get thiers or borrow a full race ticket from them, TR is a site where you will know most of the people on there as they were in almost exactly the same pitch as last year.
Not too sure about that. I'm on Houx this year, not on my usual pitch on TR, so I guess a lot of new faces on TR this year!
Old 16 May 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4156376)   #1046
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Didn't you get your tickets from an agency? I asked about the ACO issued permits.
No. I bought the tickets for my old pals the Tourists from an agency, but I bought all my own tickets direct from the ACO. All of my hard copy tickets arrived within a week of buying them.
Old 16 May 2023, 12:54 (Ref:4156384)   #1047
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
In that case I will send an email to the ACO (just in case they decide to answer it). Alicia from the Tourist Office, from whom I purchased my tickets, didn't know anything about hard copies.
Old 16 May 2023, 12:54 (Ref:4156385)   #1048
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's very generous you buying tickets for others Ayse, guess you want everyone to join in the fun too. I'm sure they won't be disappointed.
Old 16 May 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4156388)   #1049
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
In that case I will send an email to the ACO (just in case they decide to answer it). Alicia from the Tourist Office, from whom I purchased my tickets, didn't know anything about hard copies.
So have you had nothing at all yet Vincent?
Old 16 May 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4156390)   #1050
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's very generous you buying tickets for others Ayse, guess you want everyone to join in the fun too. I'm sure they won't be disappointed.
Not quite matey.... I just source them for them as a favour, I don't pay for them...

The Tourists will forgive me for saying that most of them are no longer in the prime of their youth and a few years ago when the Chief Tourist was in poor health, they decided to get grandstand seats, having never bothered previously. I got those for them and I've got them ever since, it means less hassle for them and it sort of repays the kindness they showed me for many years. It's turned out to be important this year as since they first starting going in the late 60's, they've always just rocked up and bought tickets on the gate, something that they wouldn't be able to do this year.