Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jul 2023, 09:42 (Ref:4169866)   #176
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I think you are wrong.
In an English language world where most teams reside in the UK yes your UK media hyped up George in 2022, especially when the car was a dog.
But once the potential in this present car was realized with a few revisions then Hamilton giftedness began to assert itself again. Even Hamilton has commented on the pole in similar light since Saturday.

That doesn't mean George can't lead a team. He can, but a Russell Leclerc team would be like a Senna-Prost team or a Mansell-Patrese team if the car was good enough.
Big if - the Brain drain at Merc seems to be taking a toll
Old 25 Jul 2023, 10:44 (Ref:4169872)   #177
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I think you are wrong.
In an English language world where most teams reside in the UK yes your UK media hyped up George in 2022, especially when the car was a dog.
But once the potential in this present car was realized with a few revisions then Hamilton giftedness began to assert itself again. Even Hamilton has commented on the pole in similar light since Saturday.

That doesn't mean George can't lead a team. He can, but a Russell Leclerc team would be like a Senna-Prost team or a Mansell-Patrese team if the car was good enough.
No problem, I was only saying what I've heard. May be true, may not come to pass.

But I have no doubt that George is far from a racing certainty to be considered team leader material in future.

A mildly remotivated Ham having almost 50% more points than him isn't a great sign.

Last edited by peebee2; 25 Jul 2023 at 10:49.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4169877)   #178
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He could take a gamble. Go somewhere like Haas. The problem is for him there aren’t many other top teams that have room for him now
HAAS? A Ferrari scrap bin car?
Old 25 Jul 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4169878)   #179
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Haas can surprise. And seem more organised at times than other teams
Old 25 Jul 2023, 12:27 (Ref:4169887)   #180
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Again, the word is LH for 2024, then CL for 2025 with GR as number 2…

I haven't read or heard anything that suggests that.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4169890)   #181
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He could take a gamble. Go somewhere like Haas. The problem is for him there aren’t many other top teams that have room for him now
Seriously?
Old 25 Jul 2023, 14:38 (Ref:4169896)   #182
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Seriously?
No its total nonsense.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4169897)   #183
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I have seen it written about in a couple of places, but I've certainly heard it talked about in the right circles.

A lot probably depends on when Lewis retires / is retired / has a swansong at Ferrari.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4169920)   #184
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I have seen it written about in a couple of places, but I've certainly heard it talked about in the right circles.

A lot probably depends on when Lewis retires / is retired / has a swansong at Ferrari.

Do you have a link to where have you seen it written and what are these right circles?
Old 25 Jul 2023, 21:29 (Ref:4169942)   #185
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Personally I think Russell is future no.1 material. He's had a few 'issues' this season that had blunted his campaign but most of the time over a race distance he's at a similar level to Hamilton. Sometimes ahead, sometimes behind.
Anyone who can get close to Lewis let alone beat him is seriously good.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 21:48 (Ref:4169946)   #186
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Do you have a link to where have you seen it written and what are these right circles?
I can’t remember. Maybe on Massimo’s italiaracing.net. He’s usually pretty good on these things.

And in the paddock.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 22:51 (Ref:4169950)   #187
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ive heard tht Hamilton wants a long term contract but hes being offered a year plus a 1 year option, which would fit that scenario, but then again that may all be bS.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4169979)   #188
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Personally I think Russell is future no.1 material. He's had a few 'issues' this season that had blunted his campaign but most of the time over a race distance he's at a similar level to Hamilton. Sometimes ahead, sometimes behind.
Anyone who can get close to Lewis let alone beat him is seriously good.
With all due respect that sounds like fan talk.

Analysis of performance isn't nearly so positive. And Lewis, who most think is in a slow decline of sorts, is shading him massively this season.

Outdated Powerpoint can only get you so far.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4169983)   #189
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The funny thing is watching the Sky broadcasts, and its almost like Ferrari doesnt exist. They really get no love.. and there is almost an EXPECTATION for something to go wrong with strategy or performance, or a dud pitstop or some other management intervention to two drivers who keep arguing with their pitwall...

Weird state of affairs...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Jul 2023, 12:19 (Ref:4169995)   #190
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The funny thing is watching the Sky broadcasts, and its almost like Ferrari doesnt exist. They really get no love.. and there is almost an EXPECTATION for something to go wrong with strategy or performance, or a dud pitstop or some other management intervention to two drivers who keep arguing with their pitwall...

Weird state of affairs...
To be fair, that seems largely the reaction here too... I mean, just look at the title of the thread......
Old 26 Jul 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4169999)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope Vasseur can turn things around. But it was always going to be a struggle this year, the car is just not quick enough. Although they have had a few moments in the sun
Old 26 Jul 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4170009)   #192
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Russell has shown leadership qualities. He has shown himself willing to speak up and ask why he should not be allowed to move in front of Hamilton when the latter has been slower at certain points in the race, but I've also seen times where he has selflessly even offered to move over to help the Mercedes strategy overall. So he seems to have a will to win and a sense of the big picture of the team. I don't know how much off the pace you consider him, peebee, but I think if he's even close to Hamilton, that's good - it's like being in the Red Bull and being close to Verstappen.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4170011)   #193
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
To be fair, that seems largely the reaction here too... I mean, just look at the title of the thread......
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Jul 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4170012)   #194
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I think Russell has shown leadership qualities. He has shown himself willing to speak up and ask why he should not be allowed to move in front of Hamilton when the latter has been slower at certain points in the race, but I've also seen times where he has selflessly even offered to move over to help the Mercedes strategy overall. So he seems to have a will to win and a sense of the big picture of the team. I don't know how much off the pace you consider him, peebee, but I think if he's even close to Hamilton, that's good - it's like being in the Red Bull and being close to Verstappen.
I think you're broadly right.

But one thing, the next Mercedes top dog needs to be a lot better than "good" - hence considering Leclerc etc.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 14:45 (Ref:4170015)   #195
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

But one thing, the next Mercedes top dog needs to be a lot better than "good" - hence considering Leclerc etc.
Not wishing to open a can of worms here, but personally I'm beginning to wonder just how 'good' Leclerc really is? As always, there are two ways of reacting to the problems he's been having, but for example) he has thrown the car into the barriers on more than one occasion (fan: "He's trying the make up for the rubbish car by over-driving", not a fan: "He doesn't even understand his & his cars limits") plus he's clearly getting rattled when things go wrong etc.
I'm not saying he is a rubbish driver, but am starting to question some of the hype that surrounds him.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4170017)   #196
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

But is Leclerc really better than 'good'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Not wishing to open a can of worms here, but personally I'm beginning to wonder just how 'good' Leclerc really is? As always, there are two ways of reacting to the problems he's been having, but for example) he has thrown the car into the barriers on more than one occasion (fan: "He's trying the make up for the rubbish car by over-driving", not a fan: "He doesn't even understand his & his cars limits") plus he's clearly getting rattled when things go wrong etc.
I'm not saying he is a rubbish driver, but am starting to question some of the hype that surrounds him.

I posted my comment before reading yours. But I very much agree and have thought this for some time.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 15:58 (Ref:4170027)   #197
peebee2
Veteran

Inside the sport Leclerc is generally considered the outright fastest driver on pace alone.

His mistakes have been costing him though.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4170031)   #198
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[citation needed]
Old 26 Jul 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4170044)   #199
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
[citation needed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mswaPXFTcNE

Richard
Old 26 Jul 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4170046)   #200
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
[citation needed]
What do you want? Witness statements from everyone who works in the paddock? Or do you prefer press comment from journos who can’t tell their arse from their elbow?