Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Aug 2003, 11:56 (Ref:688970)   #1
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absence of autosport

Is it just here in the South that there are no copies of Autosport on the shelves this week or is it a Nationwide problem?
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:10 (Ref:688975)   #2
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw some yesterday, but coudn't see any today, I know they didn't sell THAT quickly!
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:35 (Ref:688997)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Have you thought of ringing them to see whats happened?
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:35 (Ref:688998)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Have you thought of ringing them to see whats happened?
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:37 (Ref:689000)   #5
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought one in Hailsham, East Sussex, not 20 mins ago. not much in anyway, I would save your money!!
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:39 (Ref:689004)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got mine OK. Sadly, the "not much in it" routine is becoming far too regular.......
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:46 (Ref:689015)   #7
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There were plenty of copies here in surrey when I looked yesterday!

Last edited by chezza; 15 Aug 2003 at 12:48.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:48 (Ref:689020)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah same here, we had plenty of copies in our newsagent, but im switching to the subscription..
Old 15 Aug 2003, 13:38 (Ref:689066)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We got ours fine - though we tend to.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 14:03 (Ref:689090)   #10
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got mine today
Old 15 Aug 2003, 14:44 (Ref:689124)   #11
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it seems hard to find them in Wigan after Thursday.
dunno where they are all going! the one i missed that i really wanted was the one after Lemans grrr.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 14:47 (Ref:689128)   #12
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Yeah same here, we had plenty of copies in our newsagent, but im switching to the subscription..
Hmmm... a word about the subscriptions...

I don't think very much at all to Haymarket Subsciptions. Now, I've never subscribed to Autosport as it's always been available to me as and when (touch wood!), but there have been two magazines under the Haymarket banner (well, technically 3, but the other isn't via Haymarket Subscriptions) that I have subscibed to.

The first, Stars & Cars (mercedes motorpsort magazine) - When I first subscribed a few years back, no problems. Issues on time, every issue. great. This is good I thought, as Stars & Cars was always notoriously difficult to get a hold of in the shops. One quarter, however, we didn't appear to be getting an issue, so we phoned Haymarket and were promptly told (and this was news to us) that it had nothing to do with them. Turned out that Mercedes had had enough with Haymarket, and wanted the mag to be published by some German company. Now, the subscription was taken with Haymarket Subscriptions so you would expect as part of their customer service they would be able to help. We got a nice phone number to phone Germany. My mum did this for me, despite neither of us being able to speak German, and luckily the person on the other end was very helpful in English, and I'm still a subscriber to the magazine today.

The second - - Racer magazine, pretty much the US equivalent of Autosport, I wanted to read about CART and IRL more often so I decided to subscribe when I realised this also was difficult to get a hold of. I signed up in January at the Autosport show and was told that my next issue would be February (and, as a result, made no extra effort to travel 30 miles to get my closest copy (and even they don't always have it)). February passed, so we phone them, Where's my racer?. Oh you're not getting it. We will send you the March one. Ok, I'm annoyed, but I'll accept that I suppose. Now, I'm a little off with the exact dates here, but suffice to say, it's now August (much to my amazement the latest issue arrived this morning), and I've missed 2 issues, got 2 copies of another one (we rang and asked them to send another because we didn't beleive we were gonna get it one month, but ended up with two), and every month it is heralded a miracle if racer arrives. And the missing issues they can't send me, because they don't have any copies. they have promised free issues, but have already taken my next DD instalment out when they told us that I would get the free issues first (to replace the ones that didn't arrive). It's not good enough - and the only reason I haven't cancelled my subscription yet is because I am waiting for the free issues and the end of my DD instalment (just in case they just stop sending stuff).

If I could buy it in the shops, I would have cancelled months ago. Now I;m just waiting to get as many issues as possible. But it's not going to last.

Ok, maybe it's not all so bad, but it's sooo frustrating, and their customer service is appalling. I have a lot of dealing with a lot of other Motorsport Merchandise/fan club/magazine type people via phone and mail order, and I don't have this kind of problem with them.

Apologies for the major rant, but I really wonder sometimes! Anyway, my point was Saleen, be careful with the subscription, if you have no problems, great, but from my personal experiences I wouldn’t hold out for much.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 14:48 (Ref:689129)   #13
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know up north there was a supply problem because of Royal Mail but that was with a local newspaper. Maybe it affected the whole of the UK? It does seem harder as a general rule to just pick one up when you want to :-(
Old 15 Aug 2003, 14:53 (Ref:689131)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
autosport subscription is great. s'been on my doorstep every week for a good few years now and it's nearly always on thursday.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 16:06 (Ref:689173)   #15
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problem here got mine yesterday morning.
Re subscriptions,I have one with Motor Sport,costs £6.50 a quarter(half cover price)and arrives 2 days before it reaches the local shop!
Old 15 Aug 2003, 18:27 (Ref:689265)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
same with f1 racing *spit* i get it for the pictures, honest.
Old 16 Aug 2003, 07:48 (Ref:689605)   #17
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
same with f1 racing *spit* i get it for the pictures, honest.
You'll tell us next that they deliver it in a plain brown wrapper!!
Old 17 Aug 2003, 16:24 (Ref:690416)   #18
TuscanR
Racer

England
Hertfordshire
TuscanR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we had plenty of issues of Autosport in the hertfordshire area but not enough issues of motorsport news (motoring news) the excuess my news agent was given was that they didnt make enough copies to meet demand !
Old 17 Aug 2003, 17:45 (Ref:690446)   #19
Jez
Rookie

England
Leicester, England
Jez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've subscribed to Autosport for a few years, the only problem I've had is around xmas it has arrived on Friday a couple of times but I blame the Post Office for that! It's much cheaper too at £92 a year, although I don't think this rate is still available to new subscribers.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 19:20 (Ref:690488)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had no problem getting mine, picked it up on the way to work from my local newsagents.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 22:13 (Ref:690600)   #21
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sometimes I have trouble with Motorsport news but thats only if i have to go out and buy it...
Old 17 Aug 2003, 23:36 (Ref:690650)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's some at my supermarket but i havent got it yet because things keep getting in the way! Tomorrow, yes tomorrow finally...maybe, I hope.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 09:41 (Ref:690953)   #23
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
because things keep getting in the way...

Buses? walk round em!
Old 18 Aug 2003, 09:48 (Ref:690959)   #24
Rocktracer
Racer

Rocktracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive got a subscription and twice only it failed to appear on the thursday. Bot times it appeared on the sat!
Old 18 Aug 2003, 10:14 (Ref:690977)   #25
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
because things keep getting in the way...

Buses? walk round em!

Nah I keep working and having no money, gonna have to try and scrounge some today aswell!