Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2474895)   #76
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I simply refuse to believe that this year will be a wet one. When has there ever been three consecutive rainy Le Mans? Probably never.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2474937)   #77
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Last year wasnt really a wet one , now was it ? Last few hours .

Anyway ..... I didn hear of good weather for the race !!!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 04:58 (Ref:2475103)   #78
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Where did you notice this (not the fact that Ayse can burn with enthusiasm) ?

Agate shows r*** on saturday, sun on sunday. La chaîne météo shows exactly the opposite !
Check this (and sorry to quote myself) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
14 days weather forecasts on France (careful, ads pop quite fast on this site) :
http://news.lameteo.org/

I wouldn't be pessimistic for now. The weather coming from west could always turn to a mess sometime, but I'd be quite confident considering that we're only one week to the event now... doesn't sound bad and it shouldn't be a soaking weather anyway, if we'd have only small bits of water... most will come from the taps IMHO !

Cheers all !
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2475160)   #79
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As I have already said, the weather forcasting in france is just as much of a shambolic mess as the uk.

As long as we can get the camp set up in the dry on wednesday and the racing is good to watch it will be OK for me but I am still sure it will be warm and dry this year.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2475427)   #80
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it will be sunny and dry before, during, and after the race, for the sake of my fellow bikers making the trip on their steeds.

These mutiple forecasts leave me very anxious!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2475491)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Rain on Sunday???

Ayse? Got yer wellies?

No, never!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
The most recent forecasts say "sunny"/23°C on saturday, and an astonishing 30°C (!) on sunday... Ayse's gonna fry !
You see? Here's the guy who knows how to tell it! That suits me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice

I simply refuse to believe that this year will be a wet one.
That's the spirit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Last year wasnt really a wet one , now was it ? Last few hours .

Not for all the poor tired people who go to sleep during the night! It was a bit damp standing in it at 5 am on Sunday down at Tertre Rouge.....
Old 4 Jun 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2475503)   #82
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh yes ! It's better being wet than asleep !
Old 5 Jun 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2475903)   #83
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!

The night's the best bit.

Old 5 Jun 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2475929)   #84
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A small amount of rain is not that bad as it keeps the dust down. Hopefully Wednesday AM rain and then clear skies from our ETA of Wed PM until our Monday AM departure.

Simon
Old 5 Jun 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2475951)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL View Post
A small amount of rain is not that bad as it keeps the dust down. Hopefully Wednesday AM rain and then clear skies from our ETA of Wed PM until our Monday AM departure.

Simon
Now thats the forecast I like, will stick with that an not look at any others.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2476036)   #86
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the race i would like:

3 ours before the finish a massive thunderstorm/rain, and then dry.....
Old 5 Jun 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2476262)   #87
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
An hour of steady rain while Tom's in Number 1 is all I ask!
Old 6 Jun 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2476345)   #88
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For the people arriving on saturday or sunday , this morning begins cloudy, some rain announced .http://france.meteofrance.com/france...onsdept/DEPT72
Old 6 Jun 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2476398)   #89
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Beginning to look quite promising. Checked the 4 links at the start of this thread, all of them show a bit of rain early next week (damp down the dust, enable pegs to go in) and then dry from mid-week through the race. Saturday looks the hottest (of course, baking in the sun waiting for the start is part of the event). Only one of the 4 sites shows showers for Saturday.

So at the moment it appears to be warm not boiling, dry not wet. I hope we are getting set for a perfect 'edition'.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2476483)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw View Post
For the race i would like:

3 ours before the finish a massive thunderstorm/rain, and then dry.....

BANNED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
An hour of steady rain while Tom's in Number 1 is all I ask!

BANNED.

Old 6 Jun 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2476494)   #91
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
BANNED.

BANNED.

if this happens ill buy you a beer ayse
Old 6 Jun 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2476529)   #92
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im heading off the Le Mans at 06:10 am tomorrow , will arrive tomorrow afternoon . Whats it doing now ?
Old 6 Jun 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2476532)   #93
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now, cloudy but wet. A bad new, don't know if it's the good thread but just coming from the circuit. It's closed for public visit until tomorrow evening because of robberies ( I was said at the entrance).
Old 6 Jun 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2476586)   #94
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Forecast looking good now!

Really is best not to look at the damn things until the day before!!!
Old 6 Jun 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2476602)   #95
The Badger
Veteran

Right people ..... Im heading off first light ..... come sun , rain or snow .

As the race thread is closed , I would like to wish all of you , who will be there or at home a great week and lots of fun .

See you sometime after the race .
Old 6 Jun 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2476649)   #96
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm envious Badg, this is the first year in a decade where I don't have the whole week off work, I'm in the office Mon-Weds this time around.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2476781)   #97
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Weather here in Kent is not good, planned to sort car out ready for Wedcnesday morning, and it is raining hard, let's hope it improves.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2476827)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pleasant here on the South Coast after heavy rain, paté, sea bass and red wine overnight..... oh my head......
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2476843)   #99
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No pudding? Lightweight! :-)
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2476845)   #100
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Apple lattice with lashings of custard....... As far as I'm concerned, 'lightweight' is one of those 'I wish' descriptions.......