Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 22 Mar 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1259318)   #1
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will A1 Cause more Problems for IRL & Cart?

Hey everyone just got done reading all about A1 at there site (http://www.a1gp.com/home.html) and the series sounds awsome and has a really unique and fun idea behind it that reminds me of World Cup Soccer or the Olympics only for Racing. This could be huge and capture the attention of the world as the two i mentioned before. Were talking 23 diffrent countries running teams with only one Driver to concentrate there full attention to, all racing with the same engines and chassies it will be one if not thee ultimate driver's championship.

The specs of the cars are at the site so I wont go into detail but it sounds like a fun interesting idea the only thing I have to say is with Races in Canda, Mexico, and the USA and the series taking place after IRL, CART, NassCar, and F1 are over with, could this blow up and really be succesful and take away fans from IRL and CART killing the both series if they dont find a way to intrigue fans again like before the split. I do not know if A1 will be racing on any Ovals but I would not be surprized if they have one or two on there list by the time they get under full swing. Maybe the race here in the United States will be an Oval. Although from what I can see is that this looks to be more of a Street Circuit and Road Course type of series which could mean more trouble for CART who already is trying to be to much like F1 and not being succesful at it. This may force them out of Australia, and any other race tracks out of North America and force them to revert back to North American Racing league only.

In other words I think this new A1 will become the second leading watched open wheel racing league Sport and the need for IRL & Cart to merge may become even more import for both Survive, or IRL and open wheel Oval racing will become the number 1 in America for open wheel racing and cause CART to go out of business. Because what would be the point of Cart when you have A1? Then again maybe im wrong and people will still watch Cart to watch them race on Street Circuits and Road Courses in North America and everything will go on as it has since 1996. Let me know on your thoughts guys.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 01:02 (Ref:1259382)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been keeping up with this developing series, and I really like the way it sounds. Like you said, it sounds like the Olympics or World Cup for racing.

I really don't think it's going to effect either the IRL or CC to much though, simply because its run during the off season. Now if it was running head-to-head, then yeah, it could be a problem for them, and even F1. Where it could hurt them alittle bit, is with the race fan that only makes it out to one or two races a year, he may decide to make it A1, instead of the IRL, or CC.

I say bring this A1 on! It sounds great to me!

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Mar 2005, 01:07 (Ref:1259383)   #3
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Ya

Yeah the series sounds really coold and i see Greece is going to have a team as well as the USA so i have to teams to root for haha. I just hope they really diversify the tracks and give everyone a little bit of everything. Like Road Course, Street Course, and maybe one or 2 ovals would be really cool. There first race is in Brands Hatch England so that will be a cool race to watch i know Super Bike Race There.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 03:11 (Ref:1259412)   #4
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
trow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll probably have more of an impact on F1 than IndyCar. imo.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1259417)   #5
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Good Point

Good Point about that. I'm really worried about F1 and it makes me really upset because its the first sport i ever cared about and with all these talks about them wanting to split and ruin are sport it could get just as bad as IRL and Cart are right now for F1. I hope some one knocks some sense into Max Moseley and Bernie Eccelstone so F1 will survive these clowns. No other sport except for racing has to deal with this crap i swear.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1259482)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A1GP will have no negative effect on IRL or F1, purely because it's a winter series.

It may even help bring new fans to the sport.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 07:24 (Ref:1259501)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
why are we even discussing this in here ?

seriously this serious maybe good or bad BUT it has no relevance to the Indycar series and should be discussed elswhere.

thread closed.