Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Apr 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2869444)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Name Your FIVE Most Essential Items for Le Mans

Talking about headphones in the 'Who's Going' thread got me to thinking about what each of us really has to take with us. So list your five absolute essentials (which I accept will vary as to whether you're camping or not). No more than five. The following are taken as read:-

Passport, cash, cards, clothes, tickets

Buy the time we get a dozen or so replies, we should have a pretty useful list for any newbies!

Here's mine (in no particular order):-

1. Camera (still and video) + lenses/batteries etc.
2. Rucksack - first time for this in 2011 with my Lowepro
3. Medicaments - head/stomach/etc.
4. Hats - essential for those who are challenged in the hair department.....
5. Radio

Last edited by Aysedasi; 25 Apr 2011 at 15:44.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 13:50 (Ref:2869532)   #2
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) Camera + Plenty of batteries
2) Breakdown Cover (Never needed it so not gonna stop buying it now!)
3) Bottle opener (Wine and Beer)
4) Radio
5) errrr.... Wife (saves me having to get out at the Peage booth)
Old 25 Apr 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2869573)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Hat.
2. Beer (even a rip off one, as long as it is cold).
3. Classic Sportscar.
4. A Kangaroo or Radio (the radio falls down the order each year, access to a timing screen will do).
5. Notebook.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2869586)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent discussion thread :
except tickets, I will take in order :
1 - Radio + batteries
2 - Detailed entries list
3 - Coffee in Thermos
4 - Small light (with dynamo), very useful at Mulsanne or Arnage.
5 - Binoculars (observation of the pits or any incident on the track)

I'd add chronometer, but my watch is enough for this.
Ayse, I think several medicaments are common to any trip, don't you think so ?
Old 25 Apr 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2869593)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In no particular order....

1) Radio and spare batteries as it always runs out of juice mid-morning Saturday.
2) plastic ticket holder thingy to hang around your neck
3) suncream
4) packet of carumbar sweets to practice my schoolboy french on the jokes inside each wrapper.
5) the Autosport Le Mans guide, even though it is rubbish and the same each year, it is a traditional start to the buildup buying it the week before.

Thankfully...

6) Toilet Roll - own supply no longer needed in recent years due to improved facilities.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2869594)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well yes Pascal, but I suffer from migraines, so they're high on my 'important' list. I've added the tickets to the assumed essentials.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2869609)   #7
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well yes Pascal, but I suffer from migraines, so they're high on my 'important' list. I've added the tickets to the assumed essentials.
It's off topic but let's add that there are several medical stands in the main public area where you can find light medicaments as paracetamol. One year I had a big headache and i asked for something. They gave me paracetamol but I have to give my name and phone number (safety precaution again).
Old 25 Apr 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2869612)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1.) My dad
2.) Air horn to annoy everyone else
3.) The Autosport guide
4.) Camera (of course!)
5.) Suncream. Lots of it.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2869648)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can I change my list to include air rifle to shoot people with air horns?

Also Ginger, I think you mean Autosport "guide" pamphlet.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2869660)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry Adam, I already have him in my sights!
Old 25 Apr 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2869704)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
ERRRRRR a torch????? noones mentioned it yet LOL!
Old 25 Apr 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2869705)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

Good point.

You have four left.......
Old 25 Apr 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2869740)   #13
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) camera + loads of batteries & memory cards
2) radio + batteries
3) suncream
4) wet weather gear
5) circuit map
Old 25 Apr 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2869749)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't recognise #4 photopigg - it does not compute........
Old 25 Apr 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2869766)   #15
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Camera
2. Radio
3. Hat
4. Sun cream
5. Andy Blackmore's spotter guide

Plus multiple sets of spare batteries for the first 2 items on the list.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2869865)   #16
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
In no particular order:

Appetite
Thirst
Sense of humour
Determination to be nice to the French
An inquisitive mind
Old 26 Apr 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2869939)   #17
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I mentioned it as a small light ; small torch is better.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2870121)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
1) camping ticket
2) shorts
3) radio
4) money for everything else
5) friends, both those I travel down with and those I meet there
Old 26 Apr 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2870128)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Friends, yes that's a good one. Like an excellent chauffeur, eh James?
Old 26 Apr 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2870186)   #20
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
1. All necessary tickets
2. Camera, lenses, filters and all other foto equipment
3. Money and credit card!
4. All the camping stuff we need.
5. Plenty of clean towels ( when it's hot it's always nice to have a shower! )
Old 27 Apr 2011, 05:59 (Ref:2870370)   #21
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
1 Henri Pescarolo
2 Hugh Chamberlain
3 TK
4 Dr Ullrich
5 Oliver Quesnal
Old 27 Apr 2011, 06:20 (Ref:2870379)   #22
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
1 Henri Pescarolo
2 Hugh Chamberlain
3 TK
4 Dr Ullrich
5 Oliver Quesnal
Old 27 Apr 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2870416)   #23
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Can I change my list to include air rifle to shoot people with air horns?
That one really brightened my morning !
Old 27 Apr 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2870705)   #24
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
No one has mentioned ears protections yet ; good point !
Old 27 Apr 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2870733)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
1 Henri Pescarolo
2 Hugh Chamberlain
3 TK
4 Dr Ullrich
5 Oliver Quesnal

You're taking them all with you Mal? Marvelous, I hope you have a big motor and you're looking forward to some interesting debate on the drive down!