Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Le Mans - How are YOU doing it?
Car - 1-4 persons 11 40.74%
Cars - in convoy (subject to sober drivers!) 3 11.11%
Minibus (say up to 14 persons) 2 7.41%
Organised Tour - Coach 1 3.70%
Organised Tour - Flying 0 0%
Organised Tour - Camping (e.g. Club Valan) 1 3.70%
Other 1 3.70%
Not Going (boo hoo!) 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Mar 2002, 12:01 (Ref:231607)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans - How are YOU doing it?

Reading about Allon FS's problems has set me to wondering how you good people are making your various journeys to the great race. Its quite difficult to think of ways of splitting the categories, but, just to start (I may refine it later), have a go at this....
Old 9 Mar 2002, 12:08 (Ref:231610)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BOO HOO!!!!!!!

Looks like i'm hanging around with my TV!!!!

They should launch Le Mans TV with commentary from Radio Le Mans!!!!! and have it free of charge to UK people!!!
Old 9 Mar 2002, 12:19 (Ref:231620)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't want to leave you out Paul, so I had to include the "Boo Hoo" category for you.

I suggest you order some merguez, get plenty of beer in and some nice smelly cheese and log on to the RLM web site and listen to the commentary for the full 24 hours. It'll be good practice for 2003 when I insist that you're there!
Old 9 Mar 2002, 14:17 (Ref:231663)   #4
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The LM experiance is a great one, but it is even better when shared with a group of like minded people.

This year the Pie Eaters will be at about 10 people, we are leaving Pompey Wednesday night and will be in the Annexe early Thursday morning. This gives us plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere before qualifying Thursday night. We will then be making our way back for the Sunday night boat from Caen.

Just waiting for confirmation of the tickets now from the ACO ticket office (they have said it will be a couple of weeks) heres hoping that I get what I have asked for!!
Old 9 Mar 2002, 16:11 (Ref:231699)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year there will be 7 I think in 3 cars. Leaving UK on Wednesday AM arrival Wednesday PM.

SL
Old 9 Mar 2002, 17:22 (Ref:231727)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I can't afford to go. I WILL go one year.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 18:30 (Ref:231771)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
In a Porsche !!!

How proud am I to go to prequal in the car of my friend Bertrand, a 1990 purple (!!!) Porsche Cabriolet...

I'm afraid we'll go to the race with my Renault Espace...
do you imagine four personn in the Porsche ?
Old 9 Mar 2002, 18:37 (Ref:231776)   #8
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Looking like the Page and Moy coach, unless one of you guys comes up with a miracle, (see my desparate thread)!
Old 9 Mar 2002, 19:33 (Ref:231816)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tv

if they have another breka in coverage like they did for daytona, im going to play lemans to kill time while i wait for the race to come back on
Old 9 Mar 2002, 22:38 (Ref:231887)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I didn't want to leave you out Paul, so I had to include the "Boo Hoo" category for you.

I suggest you order some merguez, get plenty of beer in and some nice smelly cheese and log on to the RLM web site and listen to the commentary for the full 24 hours. It'll be good practice for 2003 when I insist that you're there!
Hehe cheers!!!

As for listening to the full 24 hrs, I'll listen to some and watch whatever Eurosport and C4 show, last year I got about 12 hrs of racing on video!!!!

I promise that I WILL BE THERE..... when some form of education doesn't stop me, hopefully that will be next year!!!
Old 10 Mar 2002, 13:13 (Ref:232171)   #11
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well like Fab i'll be going to prequal also.Me and griff will be in my Transam and AJ & Mrs Doubtfire will be in a Range Rover.Supposedly Smokie is coming too.
For the race we will all be in Griffs Winnebago and the area of Maison Blanche will also be home to Canada Phil and friends plus the rookie on this site(but not a LM rookie)Mudshark who drives in from Munich in his VW Caravelle.We will be parked up near to www.popemobile.co.uk who are also friends of mine.

Fab,hope to meet up with you and Gilles at PQ

cheers
PM
Attached Thumbnails
transam in le mans.jpg  
Old 11 Mar 2002, 05:52 (Ref:232609)   #12
mudshark
Rookie

Germany
Presently Munich, Germany
mudshark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As PM said, I will be driving up from Munich again just me and my VW bus. Driving solo is a bit of a drag, especially navigating around Paris, never seem to get that quite right. Have had some wonderful tours around Paris looking for and driving past the connecting motorways from A4 to A10. Never alone once I arrive in Maison Blanche, always someone around to enjoy a cold one with. Look forward to meeting some of the regulars from the forum this year.

ps, has anyone contact with the Porsche Curves Pirates? I met them (Mark and Tracy) last year at LeMans but have been unable to contact them since .
Old 11 Mar 2002, 08:11 (Ref:232639)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hey PM !

What a pleasure to have news here this morning ! We'll surely meet at prequal and have a pinte : I'm at the office this morning but will post a picture of the purple Porsche this evening to recognize... I'm often in the grandstands at the start of prequal, early in the morning (don't want to miss anything).

I promissed Ayse to post some pictures : would be great to have one with all pals of the forum (including Gilles, Francis, Canada Phil and you)...

Oh God, so long time to wait... less than two months anyway !!!
Old 11 Mar 2002, 10:50 (Ref:232726)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My 12th trip to Le Mans will again be in my Dad's E-Type. We have to make sure that at least one Jag goes to Le Mans! This year we'll be doing the Calais crossing (as opposed to the Caen crossing we have done in the last couple of years).

We prefer the Rouen route down to Le Mans. It is shorter distance (I think), but takes longer than the Paris route. It's more fun though. Proper roads! However it does (or can) get quicker each year because there is always a bit more motorway that way.

Can't wait...
Old 11 Mar 2002, 11:24 (Ref:232732)   #15
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone interested in Flying in to Le Mans - Well Rouen and a hire car - possible for 75 quid each based on 2 people sharing a hire car.

Return Scheduled flights from Stansted to Rouen with Buzz and a cheapy car rental from Budget (booked via Buzzaway.com) and you a laughing!!! you could be back at Stansted by 11pm on Sunday.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 13:19 (Ref:232789)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
For Ayse and PM

Here is the beast, as promised in the last up message...

Not my car - and it's not me at the wheel - but I love it, and I go with this one at prequal... be careful, the immatriculation number is not this one anymore (now : M for München...)
Old 12 Mar 2002, 22:23 (Ref:233877)   #17
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab,
we will look out for you.We will all be meeting up in the Sebring Bar on Sunday lunchtime.Hope to see you there
PM
Old 13 Mar 2002, 02:08 (Ref:233963)   #18
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, me as a 14 year old with no driver's licence or job, I will yet again watch the race from the comfort of my own home. Maybe when I get older and make some money
Old 13 Mar 2002, 08:37 (Ref:234055)   #19
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
between us, we own some nice cars.. but for the means of getting five people to Le mans on the cheap.. we're hiring a Renault Scenic for the trip... oh well.

Adam, see you on the road to Rouen.. minding the speed traps of course.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 08:53 (Ref:234066)   #20
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan
If you see The Saints Mini-Bus on your trip, give it a wave because it will have Aysedasi in it! We meet in Southampton on Friday morning to get the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre,we would have preferred to go the night before but our organiser had to settle for a day crossing. Ayse will be the one beaming in anticipation. He's getting over-excited already.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 09:57 (Ref:234094)   #21
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
2 marshals plan for Le Mans 2002 (follows 2001 pattern)
Tuesday 11am, arrive back from Montreal after marshalling Canadian GP.
Empty bag, refill bag - grab a few hours kip.
Wednesday 5am, rendzvous with mad Porsche 911 turbo driver, fill every nook and cranny of 911 with gear, arrange mortgage for fuel bills.
0545 arrive at the bleakest place on earth (Le shuttle depot) - get on train as quickly as possible.
0900ish arrive the other end - engage warp drive and head south.
midday - arrive at hallowed ground between Arnage and Porsche curves - get tents set up, head to Mulsanne for beer, frites, beer.
2pm endure the wonderful officials signing on pantomime. Get issued with whites that do not fit. Rpeat pantomime.
3pm - back on post, maybe blag a lap or 2 if the circuit is shut to the public. Check out duty roster. Rush to Arnage mini supermarket for bread, rilettes and beer (and other stuff)
4pm and beyond - setup time - prepare to wave rag and sticks or (if not on duty) off to the public zones for beer and beer and beer...
Sunday 1620 - depart for 2200ish shuttle back
Monday ..sleep..dream of 2003
Old 13 Mar 2002, 12:18 (Ref:234169)   #22
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have'nt decided which car to take yet choice between DB7 or 308,
or is that my altnative life?
7 of us split between Megane Coupe, SEAT Leon Cupra, & SEAT Toledo (or Saxo!)
Have yet to draw the straws to see who takes SL!!
Arriving Wed PM & Thurs AM via Newhaven - Dieppe
Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:15 (Ref:234217)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoffer Green
Ayse will be the one beaming in anticipation. He's getting over-excited already.
I've been beaming in anticipation for months already!!

As you know, it is a pleasure to welcome you to the Sportscar/GT forum, Stoffer.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:31 (Ref:234230)   #24
Quattro
Rookie

Quattro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
14 of us going down in convoy.....five/six cars and 2 bikes...

Out on Eurostar Early Thursday return Late Monday.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:47 (Ref:234243)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Quattro
14 of us going down in convoy.....five/six cars and 2 bikes...

Out on Eurostar Early Thursday return Late Monday.
If you'll pardon the expression, are you the only Le Mans "virgin" in that lot?!