Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Mar 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1265066)   #51
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought some of the Gear from the Old Nissan plant was Holden bound, Yes the plant is still running but in a largely reduced capacity to what it used to produce. I am not sure when this was to happen or if it still will but it was on the books 6 months ago.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1265080)   #52
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Nissan import everything now ?
Old 30 Mar 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1265084)   #53
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also heard the GM top man in China got the chop/left today.

. Aparently sales are being slowed down by the Chinese government.

Last edited by retro; 30 Mar 2005 at 10:15.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 30 Mar 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1265123)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
Ion have unloaded 400 workers today.
The Castalloy plant in Adelaide seems to have been shutdown... which is bad news for the workers, although it might make one of the posters here who lives across the road quite happy...

News Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Mar 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1265193)   #55
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, thanks for that GTR, but unfortunately it is the Wingfield factory which will close at this point not the one across the road.

I haven't heard what will happen to the North Plympton one but one can only hope

Not that I like to see anyone on the unemployment list, but the factory should have been moved out to Wingfield somewhere years ago.

They cop so much flack for being close too housing but hey we knew it was there when we bought our house 11 years ago, so we just wait.

Last edited by Kerri; 30 Mar 2005 at 12:14.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1265200)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Give it time Kerri... sadly Ion seems to be the financial equivalent of a train wreck...
Old 30 Mar 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1265287)   #57
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad, yes especially for all the Harley riders in the world
Old 20 Apr 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1282929)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From our friends at the British Financial times Here

GM quarterly loss of $1.1bn is worst in decade
By James Mackintosh in London and Bernard Simon in Toronto
Published: April 20 2005 03:00 | Last updated: April 20 2005 03:00

* Giant US carmaker abandons profit forecast

* Healthcare costs and falling sales are blamed

General Motors abandoned its profit prediction for the year as rising healthcare costs and falling sales at the world's biggest carmaker led to a quarterly loss of $1.1bn (£574m) - its worst in more than a decade.

GM said uncertainty about efforts to deal with its healthcare cost crisis and other significant parts of its business meant it could not provide any guidance for profits this year, just a month after it drastically cut forecasts.

The withdrawal of the forecast for profits of up to $1.1bn this year came as the automotive business reported a first-quarter operating cash outflow of $3bn, more than the $2bn revised target the company had set for the full year. Another $1.7bn was spent on job losses in Europe and a payment to Fiat to settle a dispute with the Italian carmaker.

The cash flow has been watched closely, with investors on the alert for a downgrade of GM's credit rating to junk bond status, a move that could force many investment-grade bond funds to sell their holdings in one of the world's top five borrowers.

But the bad news has already been priced in, with the risk premium over government debt that investors demand to own GM bonds more than doubling this year to about 7 percentage points. The bonds now trade more cheaply than the average for BB-rated junk bonds. GM shares were down slightly at $25.99 by late afternoon.

Scott Sprinzen, analyst at Standard & Poor's, the credit rating agency, said: "If there was some good news in this announcement I am still looking for it." However, he said that the withdrawal of the profit forecast would not affect the rating, which S&P and Moody's Investors Service currently have one notch above junk with a negative outlook.

John Devine, chief financial officer, said the company's priorities were to deal with healthcare costs - expected to rise $1bn to $5.3bn for retired employees this year - and get its products right. "These two issues stand out that we have to address to get North America profitable," he said.

In the first quarter, GM's North American car business lost $1.3bn before one-off costs, on revenues of $25.4bn, down 12.7 per cent. Group net losses of $1.1bn in the first quarter compare with net income of $1.2bn in the first quarter last year and are the biggest since 1992 when GM was on the brink of bankruptcy.

Before one-off charges for European and US dismissals, write-downs at an idle factory and tax gains, the quarterly loss was $839m, or $1.48 a share. This was in line with market forecasts and slightly ahead of the company's prediction a month ago of a $1.50 a share loss for the quarter.

Additional reporting by Ivar Simensen

So what part of that doesnt suggest GM is in deep kaka?
Old 21 Apr 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1283456)   #59
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Holden sells so many cars, how could they be in trouble?

(OK, I'll remove my tongue from my cheek now.)
Old 21 Apr 2005, 04:41 (Ref:1283531)   #60
crYnOid
Rookie

crYnOid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
So what part of that doesnt suggest GM is in deep kaka?

The bit where GM have $26b cash on hand. They will be ok........ for a while at least.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 05:18 (Ref:1283540)   #61
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they'll be ok for now. GM has its plans in place to get them out of this mess. CEO rick wagoner will haave a more in depth involvement now, GM say. holden recently announced it first quarter earnings, and they smashed previous records. even hsv smashed its old records. holden are doing great. if gm went bust, i think holden would buy themselves out?
Old 21 Apr 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1283593)   #62
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crYnOid
The bit where GM have $26b cash on hand. They will be ok........ for a while at least.
Read that their debts - workers entitlements etc (inc healthcare) is $51bn , not so good !!!!!!!!!
Old 21 Apr 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1283610)   #63
crYnOid
Rookie

crYnOid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl
Read that their debts - workers entitlements etc (inc healthcare) is $51bn , not so good !!!!!!!!!
more like $300b. and if what I read earlier today is correct that is more than the federal debt of canada!
Old 21 Apr 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1283632)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yes you are right they are bleeding at 3 billion a quarter so 26 billion cash on hand would take 2 years