Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Jan 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3196482)   #101
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Care to expand on this or is it a throw away line?

Are you reflecting on both parties?

Bump !

Are you ducking Umai Naa .... starting to look more like a cheap shot not a throw away line.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3196487)   #102
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Bump !

Are you ducking Umai Naa .... starting to look more like a cheap shot not a throw away line.
Quack.

Not a cheap shot, but it would appear that others in subsequent posts knew what I meant.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3196517)   #103
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Quack.

Not a cheap shot, but it would appear that others in subsequent posts knew what I meant.
Pathetic response ... just withdraw a cheap slag of Tekno, of Patrizi
OR
tell us what you really think ??
Old 31 Jan 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3196523)   #104
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
OR
Ok.. I'll bite..

I would imagine that Mr Patrizi's introduction of sponsors to Tekno in season 2012 may have been of a lower value than those introduced during his periods with both PCR and FRSR

I think you may agree Cavvy that the Tekno car had far less of sponsors regularly attributable and familiar as being supporters of Mr Patrizi during 2012.

The Sinopec branding was small, the Online Site Rental backing similarly so until a full car deal was arranged at a couple of rounds, at what is said to be a token fee (i.e. significantly less than full economic cost)

In the days of Mr Patrizi at PCR, a whole car was branded with supporters he introduced, which is similar to the previous experience at FRSR.

It will be interesting to see where Mr Patrizi lands in 2013... not likely in a main series seat (DJR possibilities not withstanding)... or an enduro seat somewhere, and maybe Carrera Cup?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Jan 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3196530)   #105
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
OR
Refer to GTR's post above.

No cheap slag aimed at anyone. Just playing with the hypothetical Monopoly money, to see who might be driving where, when the season kicks off.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3196534)   #106
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Dick Johnson Racing close to collapse" - Gold Coast Bulletin

At least this article is getting to the nuts and bolts of it...

...the team, according to this article, needs $400k next week to keep the build program on track for Clipsal...

.. and DJR, according to the article, is blaming everything from the change to CotF to the lateness of the teev deal for the sponsorship issue... completely ignores the $3.8m from Archer Capital's purchase of their additional shareholding, nor the true reasons behind the contraction of the team from 4 to 2 cars, and the sponsor departures..

It is sad.. but the way this thing is written, Mr Pickering isnt painted in a positive light, and its almost like begging for a miracle...
Old 31 Jan 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3196544)   #107
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to see something like this happening, to any team, but that is the way of the World these days, the strong get stronger and the others can try to survive. Not a good thing if the team happened to collapse, then it is back to only 4 Fords. It is to be hoped that something will be forthcoming.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3196547)   #108
Umai Naa
Veteran

As much as I've been critical, sceptical, and hypothetical in this thread, I don't want to see them fall over.

One can only hope that they can perform a miracle, and get through the tough times.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3196548)   #109
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
As much as I've been critical, sceptical, and hypothetical in this thread, I don't want to see them fall over.

One can only hope that they can perform a miracle, and get through the tough times.
It needs a patron, who is more interested in getting the job done right

It would have to be very difficult for a corporate to commit to a team that has been in the papers, suggesting imminent implosion

Losing staff doesnt get chassis built either
Old 31 Jan 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3196555)   #110
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

.. and DJR, according to the article, is blaming everything from the change to CotF to the lateness of the teev deal for the sponsorship issue... completely ignores the $3.8m from Archer Capital's purchase of their additional shareholding, nor the true reasons behind the contraction of the team from 4 to 2 cars, and the sponsor departures..
I think that you need to read it again GTR - the team isn't saying that at all - the journalist is. Specifically says that the team is saying nothing.

Quote:
It needs a patron, who is more interested in getting the job done right

It would have to be very difficult for a corporate to commit to a team that has been in the papers, suggesting imminent implosion

Losing staff doesnt get chassis built either
Agree on all three points and therein lies much of the problem - the patrons that have been involved haven't focussed on getting the job done and no corporate would feel positive about risking company resources on this. Can't blame any staff from bailing - they've got families to put first.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3196558)   #111
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I think that you need to read it again GTR - the team isn't saying that at all - the journalist is. Specifically says that the team is saying nothing.

Agree on all three points and therein lies much of the problem - the patrons that have been involved haven't focussed on getting the job done and no corporate would feel positive about risking company resources on this. Can't blame any staff from bailing - they've got families to put first.
Just because Dick isn't saying anything, doesn't mean that the 'team' isn't.

There's a lot of staff there are no doubt bricking it, and talking to everyone.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3196559)   #112
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspence View Post
Just because Dick isn't saying anything, doesn't mean that the 'team' isn't.

There's a lot of staff there are no doubt bricking it, and talking to everyone.
Very possibly, but the reference was to DJR supposedly blaming a variety of things and that most definitely is not what the article says. Maybe you should read it first?
Old 31 Jan 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3196561)   #113
Umai Naa
Veteran

I wonder if it was Mr Crimsafe who complained at HV about the introduction of the CotF's introduction having too short of a lead time?
Old 31 Jan 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3196589)   #114
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

At least this article is getting to the nuts and bolts of it...

...the team, according to this article, needs $400k next week to keep the build program on track for Clipsal...

It is sad.. but the way this thing is written, Mr Pickering isnt painted in a positive light, and its almost like begging for a miracle...
I seem to remember 4, 5, 6, 7 years ago, whatever it was during the variety of financial debacles that have unfolded at DJR over the past decade that it was said DJ had around $6 million in debts at that point in time.

It's quite likely that $3.8 million went to resolve previous debts and left nothing for now.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3196698)   #115
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was after the Westpoint debacle, when they came up with the hair-brained 'self-financing' model with First Rock Financial and V8 Telecom.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3196745)   #116
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Ok.. I'll bite..

I would imagine that Mr Patrizi's introduction of sponsors to Tekno in season 2012 may have been of a lower value than those introduced during his periods with both PCR and FRSR

I think you may agree Cavvy that the Tekno car had far less of sponsors regularly attributable and familiar as being supporters of Mr Patrizi during 2012.

The Sinopec branding was small, the Online Site Rental backing similarly so until a full car deal was arranged at a couple of rounds, at what is said to be a token fee (i.e. significantly less than full economic cost)

In the days of Mr Patrizi at PCR, a whole car was branded with supporters he introduced, which is similar to the previous experience at FRSR.

It will be interesting to see where Mr Patrizi lands in 2013... not likely in a main series seat (DJR possibilities not withstanding)... or an enduro seat somewhere, and maybe Carrera Cup?
Thanks GTR, so Tekno & Patrizi did a deal on less than the right money.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3196746)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Thanks GTR, so Tekno & Patrizi did a deal on less than the right money.
Not sure about 'right' money, but the difference in space sold suggests it was for less money...
Old 31 Jan 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3196769)   #118
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Junior could see the big picture and stop being so selfish the team may be better off. An ideal world would be nice but isn't always practical.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3196779)   #119
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will be very sad for me to see this team fold, if they do. Their existence roughly coincides timewise with me being "aware" of motorsport, and have followed them ever since.
Quote:
my money is on a Porker
Old 31 Jan 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3196790)   #120
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
DJR Gets A Deadline

... from REC holder Mr Fiore... and potential new pilot Mr Blanchard

If the team is unable to confirm it can run the #12 REC, and Mr Fiore withdraws his lease... where might he run this REC this year?
Old 31 Jan 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3196792)   #121
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, it appears that Mr Pickering has taken delivery of his new charges... the #18 Moffat car from 2012, and the #49 Owen car from 2012

What with Mr Fiore apparently selling his chassis to Sonic, there are still likely 2x 2012-spec FGs in the DJR shed, the 2010 #18 championship winner, and the 2012 #17 Johnson car...
Old 31 Jan 2013, 23:03 (Ref:3196797)   #122
Umai Naa
Veteran

Something tells me, Mr Blanchard and Mr Fiore have worked out a Plan B amongst themselves.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3196806)   #123
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Something tells me, Mr Blanchard and Mr Fiore have worked out a Plan B amongst themselves.
Wheremight a chassis come from, and a prep team
Old 31 Jan 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3196810)   #124
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the exceptional circumstances I would imagine that V8SC would waive the no show penalty for one or two events which buy a bit of time (for DJR or Fiore) but the calander is pretty tight at the start of the year.

Maybe V8SC need to look at allowing last years cars for a few rounds but with a massive weight penalty or rev limit to ensure the new cars are fastest.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3196829)   #125
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This gets worse for DJR.

"The future of Dean Fiore’s Racing Entitlement’s Contract (REC) could be decided today with the former driver hopeful that Dick Johnson Racing (DJR) will officially register his REC with V8 Supercars by 5pm."

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/f...-decided-today

I think it would be in the best interest of Fiore to remove himself from the troubles at DJR and take his FPR built chassis and look at running the car himself or see if FPR can assist in some sort of setup arrangement.